Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

CDJ 2000nxs bug when setting "master-deck"

On the CDJ 2000 nexus (one) there is a bug in the firmware:

When multiple tracks are playing on multiple CDJs and you click the MASTER button on one CDJ to change the current master-deck it will set a new master but it will also change the pitch-range!

This bug is very annoying because you cannot make transitions, one CDJ will mess it up because of a button that should not change anything pitch-related.

In my case it changes the range from 10% to 16%.

It happens in approx. 40% of the cases. I have video evidence, too if you need it.

3ncoder

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

6件のコメント

>I have video evidence, too if you need it.

Please upload the video.

tomo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Give me some time. The video is 6h long. I need to find the part and cut it.

3ncoder 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If you are using sync and the deck you have NOT set to master is selected to sync, if the pitch range required in order to sync is beyond the currently selected range, it will automatically switch the range.

For example, the master deck is playing at 128BPM on DECK 1 and you load a track on DECK 2 which has a tempo of 116BPM, but the current pitch range is 6%, if you press the SYNC button, it will have to jump to the 16% range in order to match the tempo at +10.3%. This happens any time the required sync pitch difference is greater than the selected range.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

After trying to logging in 100 times in the last two days I am finally able to post a reply. Sorry but there is something wrong with the page when I am logged in but cannot post a reply because of "sign in to post a reply" when i can see my name and icon on the top right corner at the same time...

I am currently transcoding hours of footage to be able to cut the piece out that you need. It will take some time (more than i thought).

To answer the question: I am not using the Sync-button and nothing is synced by this button, I only switch masters earlier than the transition to be able to use the "if the key fits it will get green" feature.

3ncoder 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Re: the login, you'll need to clear the cookies for:

*.pioneerdj.com
*.rekordbox.com
*.kuvo.com
*.zendesk.com
*.gigya.com

...and allow cross-domain data or 3rd party cookies for those sites. We use a single-sign-on service which requires that to be allowed, but most browsers block those cookies now.

The video will certainly help.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think the problem is not with the firmware. Secondary buttons on the CDJ panel are connected in series through different weight resistances. With this connection, if the tact button has poor contact, it can cause false presses on adjacent buttons. This is confirmed by the diagram: T.RANGE and M.TEMPO buttons may work falsely. To test my theory, go to service mode. Alternatively, turn on only one deck, do not load any track, and press the MASTER button many times, watch if the RANGE switches on the display. If so, you need to replace the tact switch on the MASTER button.

Greeb-mail 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink