Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Are my CDJ-2000NXS2's legit?

Bought a pair from an authorized dealer, and one CDJ looked fine like I'm used to in terms of packing/cables/etc. 

But the second one was different. In the box it also included international power cables, a black monoprice cable instead of a gray one, and when I plugged it in, it turned on because the power button was already pressed in. 

After noticing this, person I spoke to said it's possible they used a monoprice cable because it's towards end-of-life/manufacturing process...one was made in April 2020, and the other was made in July 2020 if that helps. I just wanted to see what others thought about this and if they've come across this before. Thanks.

nate

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

7件のコメント

The one with the Monoprice cable sounds more like it was a returned / B-stock product. Was it sold as such, or as new-in-box?

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I should clarify - I was told on the phone, on the website description, and on the receipt it was Sealed/New, if that helps. I can give additional information as well, but I don't want to break any rules of the forum.  

nate 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sounds to me like someone did a little "switcheroo" or bait-and-switch. We would never package a Monoprice cable with our products as our factory has ample supply of IEC power cables, and certainly it would not come with an international cable -- check the model number, it should be UXJCB (or something to that effect) on both units.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well that's just great news...wish I could make a complaint. 

Where can I find the model number? I'm looking at the bottom of the unit. I see the manufactured date, serial number, model number CDJ-2000NXS2/FLXJ, and there's a "Key" which has a bunch of letters and numbers. 

nate 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The FLXJ model variant is designated for sale in Taiwan, Malaysia, and Singapore. If it was sold in North America, it's a grey-market product. I would return it for an exchange with a proper UXJ or UXJCB model (both are USA / Canada).

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink