Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Fog machine and laser macro editor for RB Dmx 1

Can pioneer/rekordbox add the ability to macro fog machines for rekordbox lighting? You can already choose colors and dimmer (besides amber for some weird reason). But this would be one more thing to make this product absolutely amazing! I dont know why pioneer would add these fx fixtures to the database if you cant even operate them. Besides just using them as lights. Its just an on or off switch. Please look into this! Lasers would be the second thing that need to be functional, even if it only used the pre programmed effects in the light (channel 1) although more difficult to make an update for, it would be seriously amazing. I think that these updates are a must to help keep djs hands free and able to fully utilize their gear! Thank you! We are in need of a new update its been a really long time!
Nicholas Hechler 回答済み

正式なコメント

@Nicholas > Have you considered adding the fogger to the manual DMX controls? Here you can see I've simulated a confetti cannon: 

When the button is clicked (or mapped hardware control pressed), these values will be transmitted to those DMX addresses.

@Henry > Many advanced functions (such as pixel mapping) are beyond the scope or expectation of use for rekordbox lighting. To take advantage of those kinds of functions, you can either use the manual controls (as above) to put the fixture into one of its patterns / automations, or you'll have to use a different lighting software for those features.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

6件のコメント

Ya I agree. I bought RB DMX1 and along with a 240/8 LED bar light to find out it can't do half the things in Rekordbox other than on and off lights, colors and strobe. It's actually been disappointing but holding off and seeing if they will have new updates.

Henry Yoong 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So what you are saying is i either have to map the fog machine to my dj controller or carry around the remote? And will this ever be a future feature addition?

Nicholas Hechler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Nicholas > You could always manually add your fogger as a pinspot or other similar 1-channel lighting fixture, but as there's no built-in fixture mode for foggers, there's no telling when the unit would be instructed by a song macro to engage the fogger. My recommendation is to manually map it to that manual control in rekordbox, from which you can either click to enable, or map a keyboard or MIDI shortcut for it.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ill do some testing and see what will happen. 1 channel mode on the geyser does designate it as 0-255 max fog -random color

Nicholas Hechler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You guys could seriously dominate the field in dmx if you did find a way to patch in effect type fixture support! Thanks for the response.

Nicholas Hechler 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink