Follow

Recording using the DJM-2000

It got asked a bunch, so I made two videos!

Mac

PC

Was this article helpful?
10 out of 11 found this helpful

Comments

Gavin

@Justin > Well, the tracks may be master differently so some may output louder than others. You could use Normalisation software if you wish (e.g. Platinum Notes from Mixed In Key) to "master" all the tracks similarly. However, an essential part of DJing is ensuring that all tracks levels are the "same" from one track to the next so you need to EQ or use the Trim accordingly when recording (watch your VU meters).

Justin time for some Hardstyle!

Went through my playlist, the songs I am having issues with are MP3 (320 format) If I play all mp3 of course it sounds fine lol. MP3 sounds like junk most the time, Most my collection is AIFF as I said and I can hear quality over garbage... Can't wait to get rid of these mp3's

Gavin

@Justin > If some mp3s are giving issues, try analysing them with mp3val and see if that repairs your issues.

ryan zee

hello i am having problems with the utility software.when i plug in my mixer via usb to computer the utility says "connected"  then when i try and change the soundcard setting to the middle option and press ok. it comes up with an error message saying "device in use setting cannot be changed"

is there a certain order that things need to be plugged in? help would be much appreciated i just want to start recording!ha

Gavin

@Ryan > PC or Mac?

Jason Anthony Suttmeier

OK...  So...  I'm trying to hook up my HP laptop (windows 8) to my Nexus 2000 mixer.  So far, I haven't seem to be able to get any sort of connection.  I connected USB and ethernet cables, but NOTHING yet.  Can you help me figure this out.  I want to be able to RECORD digitally to my laptop and play music from my laptop.

phildw01

Hi guys Does the djm 2000 nexus come with the utility software like the 900 nexus does so I can turn the audio output up, I'm tryin to do a radio station but the levels are too low.

Please help

Thanks

DJBostonGreen

yes, drivers and utility software .... 

phildw01

I'm not getting the utility software when installed on my mac book I've tried everything,

Any ideas

DJBostonGreen

sorry, i'm on PC so can't say ....

phildw01

Is the engineers going to be working on a fix, I've heard this doesn't work for mac??

Jay

Have you installed the newest FM and drivers?

dJ cLINT t

hey... i can't seem to find the page for DJM2000 mixer which i have, its been working really well until today....what is happening is while i'm playing it keeps turning off into sleep mode while i'm playing....why????????

dJ cLINT t

i was on the internet radio tonight when it as happened to me 3 times now...i don't understand why it is doing it now????nothing this end as changed

dJ cLINT t

hey guys...could really do with your help here please....i use my equipment all the time so need to sort this out asap....please

Jason Anthony Suttmeier

Can you guys tell me how to get the latest drivers and in turn allow me to record and use my windows 8 hp laptop. Please help.

Gavin

@Jason > You can find all the necessary firmware and drivers on pioneerdj.com/support

Gavin

Seeing as this thread is becoming a catch-all for every single question related to the DJM-2000 please open individual threads in the mixers section and we'll address your issue on a case-by-case basis.