Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

13 followers Follow

Pioneer DJ Lab - Video Production Placements

Pioneer DJ are offering work experience placements at our London studio in the UK. 

The kind of work will range from creating entire videos, to helping on shoots, helping with editing, help with camera work, administration, replying to people on Youtube comments, and much more. It will really be a varied role.

We will be taking on work experience placements according to your availability. Ideally we would be looking for a minimum of three months and we would be happy if people could do between 2-5 days a week.

These placements will be ideal for video production and music production students or graduates looking to gain work experience in an exciting East London music industry hub. People who really impress are likely to be commissioned as freelancers for ongoing work, so it's your opportunity to impress and kick-start your career.  

APPLICATION

To be in with a chance, I would like you to create and present a video and upload it to Youtube. The objective is to create a review of your chosen Pioneer product with the intention of making the general public understand exactly what the product is and why you would want to use it above other products. In this video you should highlight at least one performance trick. You should both demonstrate the trick and explain how to perform it. We will be looking for the following:

• Good presentation skills
  • Clear and easy to understand information
  • The production value, based on your resources
  • How quickly you complete the work
  • Planning skills

When you finish the video, I would like you to write me an email with the link to the video and a brief summary of how you produced the video. I would also like to see your planning documents, such as any loose script, or shot-list, etc. Please also include your CV and any showreel you may have of video and DJ work. 

Deadline

Please complete your video by the 14th May 2012 and send me a personal message via this forum.

Any questions, please let me know below, and good luck – I look forward to meeting you!

David. 

David Eserin

Please sign in to leave a comment.

71 comments

Mine will be up by monday. Filmed half of it yesterday, doing the rest today, then gotta do some editing 8-)

Chris 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Demit ! Awsome opportunity!  Give me a day or 2 and I give you 2 tutorials. :p

DJ Meks 0 votes

@ Ban Armstrong

Hey Ben, thanks for that and great work. You should be able to submit your details as a Personal Message to me on this site, or send it to Gavin or Pulse.

David Eserin 0 votes

Here is my submission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCmC9I_z4p4

I've got my CV, production notes, storyboard and script on hand as well, but like Ben I'm also having a hard time figuring out how to send PMs on the site.

I've also redone the audio in one of the DDJ-ERGO promotional videos. You can find that video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUbA93OvUw

Thank you for your time and consideration!

rdr 0 votes

PMs aren't enabled on the site. Email me and I'll send them to David.

My email is gavin (at) mixaddicts (dot)(com)

Gavin 0 votes

My mistake, I really should know this site doesn't have PMs... 

For anyone who is still working on their projects, I would specifically like to see you present to camera as 'rdr' has in his first video

@ Ben Armstrong > Can you create a video that shows you talking to the camera please, no need to worry about fancy editing, just standing by your kit and presenting a small chunk of the script you used for your other video will be fine. 

David Eserin 0 votes

@ Robert Chrupczyk > Thanks for your videos and good effort. However, i can't hear what you are saying. It's very important that you demonstrate your ability to clearly communicate in the video and to present as a portrait style shot to the camera. As if you are a TV presenter.

Thanks for the submissions so far people. I'm really looking forward to the prospect of working with you. 

David Eserin 0 votes

Hi David sorry for my videos :( I make this video no 5 min and my English its still no best . I Edit this video no YouTube website ( editor ) my microphone its on bad quality . Ps this submission must by no English or It may be in another language ? ( POLISH )

Robert Chrupczyk 0 votes

@Robert > Fluent English is required.

@Ben > Can you email your CV so I can send this to David too please (as well as anything else you wish to send me). My email is gavin (at)mixaddicts (dot)(com)

Gavin 0 votes

@Ben Armstrong > Wow, great turnaround, thanks Ben, and great work. You present really well and your first video showed a strong understanding of how to produce a clip in line with the Pioneer style. Please send your details through to Gavin and I'll be in touch. 

David Eserin 0 votes

Just a note to say that we are still interested to hear from you if you haven't got time 

@Foster > Where are your videos, post up some links

@Sammy > How about you? 

@Paul Johnston > There will be more opportunities, so please go ahead and submit something for the future, but obviously we'll give priority to those who have come through by the deadline as we're looking to get people started asap. We have capacity for two full-time placements, but also extra people could do a few days here and there, or maybe just a couple weeks. We're flexible. 

@Chris Stockwell > @DJ Meks >  @Thomas Robertshaw > How are your videos coming along?

David Eserin 0 votes

@David Eserin > Here is a link to most of the work I've done - http://www.youtube.com/MusicAndyFoster

It's nothing extravagant; but full of content, and plenty more videos to come.

I appreciate you taking a look at some of the stuff when you get the time. Unfortunately I'm not local, so I didn't create a submission.

Thanks, and good luck going over the submissions!

@All > Best of luck to everyone who submitted! :) 

Foster 0 votes

Right, I have finally finished my video, here is the link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlITGkoDxaM&feature=youtu.be

It was made using my laptops built in camera and microphone, but all of the audio excluding speech was done through my DJM900's sound card. The software used was iMovie and Logic Studio. The shots are either of my equipment, or of me in portrait style. I could not get a shot of me in portrait with the equipment in view as i could not get the lighting right. The built in camera on my laptop is terrible at the best of times.

David i have sent you an email with the link, and video descriptions, my CV and script/film structure documents.

I had a lot of fun making the video, and i will be keen to make more in a professional environment.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Chris 0 votes

Done with my tutorials. It will be 4 tutorials instead of 2. This because my second tutorial consist out of 3 parts.

Could not upload second it this weekend because of a deejay meeting.

Ill e-mail you to tomorrow

Pioneer CDJ 2000 / DJM 2000 Tips and Tricks (new advanced tricks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbNXgSZnBnk

Second one will be a walkthrough of the DJM 2000

DJ Meks 0 votes

Got mine done... uploading atm, will fire over an email in morning!

Paul Johnston 0 votes

@ Chris Stockwell >  Thanks for the video, i've watched and you've done a great job with your limited facilities. 

@ DJ Meks > Some great tricks there, please send through your info. 

@ YHN > Your clip seems to have been removed, maybe you can use Yousendit or something.

David Eserin 0 votes

Ok guys, just so we are clear... So far I have submitted the following to David

1) Chris Stockwell

2) Paul Johnston (but no CV)

3) Ben Armstrong

4) Rian Roland

Please remember when you are emailing me to include your username if it is different to the one you use here on the forums.

Gavin 0 votes

@YHN > Can you email me the other accompanying details please.

@DJ Mekks > You too!

Gavin 0 votes

Uploading at the moment. demit youtube your slow xD

CV almost finished

DJ Meks 0 votes

Updated list

1) Chris Stockwell

2) Paul Johnston

3) Ben Armstrong

4) Rian Roland

5) Yohai Nitzani

6) Ruben Lietaert

If you have submitted an application but your name isn't in the list, please contact me again.

Gavin 0 votes