Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

13 followers Follow

Pioneer DJ Lab - Video Production Placements

Pioneer DJ are offering work experience placements at our London studio in the UK. 

The kind of work will range from creating entire videos, to helping on shoots, helping with editing, help with camera work, administration, replying to people on Youtube comments, and much more. It will really be a varied role.

We will be taking on work experience placements according to your availability. Ideally we would be looking for a minimum of three months and we would be happy if people could do between 2-5 days a week.

These placements will be ideal for video production and music production students or graduates looking to gain work experience in an exciting East London music industry hub. People who really impress are likely to be commissioned as freelancers for ongoing work, so it's your opportunity to impress and kick-start your career.  

APPLICATION

To be in with a chance, I would like you to create and present a video and upload it to Youtube. The objective is to create a review of your chosen Pioneer product with the intention of making the general public understand exactly what the product is and why you would want to use it above other products. In this video you should highlight at least one performance trick. You should both demonstrate the trick and explain how to perform it. We will be looking for the following:

• Good presentation skills
  • Clear and easy to understand information
  • The production value, based on your resources
  • How quickly you complete the work
  • Planning skills

When you finish the video, I would like you to write me an email with the link to the video and a brief summary of how you produced the video. I would also like to see your planning documents, such as any loose script, or shot-list, etc. Please also include your CV and any showreel you may have of video and DJ work. 

Deadline

Please complete your video by the 14th May 2012 and send me a personal message via this forum.

Any questions, please let me know below, and good luck – I look forward to meeting you!

David. 

David Eserin

Please sign in to leave a comment.

71 comments

@Julian > How? Do you have his email address? Did you include a CV? 

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Gavin, I did send a PM on FB trough Rik parkinson... wanted to send PM for you here in this forum, is it possible? I have CV, Planning list etc.

Julian Leker 0 votes

Just a quick not to say that i should be in contact with you by tomorrow at the latest and thanks again for all the submissions. 

David Eserin 0 votes

I have just come across this page, severely disappointed that i've missed the deadline date. I am a student at Leeds college of art studying Digital Film, Games and Animation and am a keen bedroom head dj. This project to me is perfect with my two loves of turntablism and filming come together. I have not yet produced a video but can in a day or two if you would let me?

Yours sincerely  Tom Stephens

Tom Stephens 0 votes

@Tom > See if you can get something in by tonight - it doesn't have to be amazing - we just want to see your skills at presenting and product knowledge. Send me your CV and details of the recording.

email me - gavin(at)mixaddicts(dot)(com)

Gavin 0 votes

Thank you to everyone that took the time to submit some excellent applications for internship placements. We took the time over the weekend to go through all submissions and those that have been successful have been notified.

Pioneer hope to keep running the internship program as long as possible, so if you have applied but were unsuccessful you may be considered in the future. Similarly, if you haven't applied at all, we do encourage you to keep sending us your submissions for future reference.

Gavin 0 votes

Does it matter if the video uses Older gear? (I have a DJM 800 and 1000mk3's...)

Sammy 0 votes

I used to have a hard time creating and editing videos. Thank you for this tutorial.

Kirk Kenneth 0 votes