Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

19 followers Follow

Rekordbox 1.5 update ..... FAIL FAIL FAIL

Getting tons of E8305 errors using link with 1.5, never had e8305 ever before, lots of tracks are freezing the CDJ when tryign to load them

don't ever remember ever having an E-8305 error before, I used to get the 8302 but never this 8305.

I have been playing the exact same files all last night and this morning, using 1.4.1 and the link function. updated to 1.5 and now my CDj's are just freezing up when trying to load half the same files. half the time its not even throwing up and error message, just freezes the deck

Just taken a handful of the tracks that won't transfer/freeze the cdj via link (using 1.5) and manually copied them onto a usb drive and also exported them via rekordbox and they all play perfectly well off the usb stick, but none of them will transfer directly to the deck from RB 1.5 and most freeze the deck entirely.

I have just:-

Running 1.5 on win7, backed up database, disconnected ext hd and connected it to my old laptop running winxp and rb 1.4.1, restored the back up of the database.

ALL the files that won't load on 1.5 now load perfectly well via link using 1.4.1

Since upgrading from 1.4 to 1.4.1 I havnt experienced a single E-8xxx message, now, since upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.5 i cannot even load most tracks without an error E-8xxx message or worse (and in MOST CASES) the deck freezes completly, needing turning off and on again.

DJBostonGreen

Post is closed for comments.

49 comments

So I just updated RB to version 1.5.0, made a new playlist on my usb stick which i has worked perfectly countless times, and now every time i press the USB button on the cdj900, an hour glass appears saying Wait.... and does not go away. I waited 20 minutes and the screen stayed the same. 

Please fix this

Zak Miller 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi guys,

I have bought myself a new mac last week including the new OSX 10.7.1.

Last weekend i installed Rekordbox and yesterday I imported my music library.  Last night i was assigning the tracks to playlists and Rekordbox started analysing the tracks.  Since he had like 3000 files to analyze I left my macbook switched on during the night so he could have everything analyzed by this morning.   When i woke up, Rekordbox seemed to be crashed and it crashes every time again on startup.

Is OSX 10.7.1 already supported or not?

I have read all the other topics in the forum and FAQ section about this topic but i can't find any database file as described to replace.  There aint a folder called "library" under my username, theres only a library in general for all users but also there i can't find any pioneer folder.  I also don't have any external drives attached. 

Another strange thing : when i take a look at the crash report, sometimes thread 9 crashes and the other time its thread 10... if the error is due to a corrupt database, shouldn't it always be the same thread that crashes then?  Sometimes i have like 2 seconds that rekordbox flashes on the screen before crashing and i can still see my songs then... very strange...

Except all these errors...it seems like Rekordbox is not trustworthy to play with?  I really don't want it to crash while i am performing...should i better by Serato Scratch Live then???

Bjorn Sush Ielegems 0 votes

I have to say i am doubting to go to Serato because  Pioneers Rekordbox just isn't ready for live purpose.

USB/SD on cdj 2000 works grate. btw I am running Rekordbox on lion at home. It works oky but same thing not for live purpose . analyzing large databases can crash rekordbox. Tray to analyze in parts. This would work ^^ 

DJ Meks 0 votes

@Bjorn Sush Ielegems: The Library's hidden in Lion. Open up a Finder Window, Hold down the Alt/Option key and then click the Go menu.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

thx for the help peeps, gonna switch to Serato anyway...

Too bad, I expected a lot about Rekordbox but its really letting me down...

Bjorn Sush Ielegems 0 votes

Since updating from 1.4.1 to 1.5, the program is almost guaranteed to crash. This isn't cool when I'm rocking a club that said we had 493 people walk in and out of last night. Rekordbox crashed 3 times! Fix it please!

djchuckc 0 votes

chuckc, what were you doing when the program crashed?Info like that would be helpful in order to fix, Just saying "it crashed" is useless, Saying "it crashed when I searched for a track and loaded it" is helpful. Were you searching, browsing, loading tracks via dragging or by the 2000. etc....?

BriChi 0 votes

It crashes in bridge while loading a track from iTunes "all files" or dragging a file from finder/desktop while linked. Fortunately, the track plays in the loaded deck for a good 30 seconds which gives me enough time to select a track from the USB and mix out of the failed pro DJ link.

djchuckc 0 votes

yeah, that 30 second window is a huge help thank god, I have had to scramble and load from an SD card because of RB crashing.

Hopefully Pioneer sees this and looks into the bridge feature crashing. As far as dragging from finder to RB while linked, Yeah, I have had that crash too, I do EVERYTHING I can to avoid dragging from finder to RB while playing live. If for some reason I have to download a track while playing live, I got in the habit of downloading it to a usb drive and playing it from there on the 2000 to avoid the import to RB, However, I have had RB crash when I pull the usb out of the laptop because when i click eject in finder, RB didn't handle the eject well and crashed, So either way, it's a heart stopping experience if you need to grab a track while playing live :)

BriChi 0 votes

I told my self last night that if a track is preloaded before the gig, there's no way it's gonna be played. And indeed it is heart stopping! I start to see the system failing and have to take a moment and think about what I have to do to save the mix...

djchuckc 0 votes

exactly, I always set my sd card to have a decent track highlighted, then I start my night on RB link, If rb crashes, I hit SD and load that track to save dead air, Of course when this happens you are cutting a song off that may only be on for 30 seconds and people look at ya like "WTF?", but at least there was no dead air. Being that RB is far from stable, Maybe Pio can at least increase the buffer to a minute if the hardware memory allows

BriChi 0 votes

I've told myself at this point if RB is not more stable in the next update or 2, then I have to go back to Serato which has not crashed on me once in 7 1/2 years :)

BriChi 0 votes

i have the same problem i try and analyze the tracks on my mac but it just freezes and i need to force quit or restart my comp

Battou Mgr Goldberg 0 votes

Good evening to everyone, I had the same lockup problem after updating to recordbox 1.5, I tryed several thing and the only solution was to deactivate wondows' firewal completely. After doing this I could drag and drop the songs to the CDJ900 of choice. I haven't played much, but I think this is what has to be done on win7 while a new version doesn't come out...  

Marcelo Lang 0 votes

I cant even get rekordbox to open since i did the update. any ideas

Patrick Duvall 0 votes

@Patrick > Please read this thread and if nothing there works, please post a new thread with the requested information and we'll help you out.

@Marcelo > The Windows firewall can be configured to allow the required connections through without disabling it completely.

@Battou > Did you manage to solve the problem? If not, please  read this thread and if nothing there works, please post a new thread with the requested information and we'll help you out.

Pulse 0 votes

Been hit with a double whammy Updated to 1.5.1! it wont load gives me the "rekordbox closed unexpectedly box ", tried renaming edb files as its happend before on a previous version  but nothing??? also cant update firmware on cdj 2000's havnt updated for a while its ver 3.01!!! downloaded the zipfile unzipped it put on a usb fat32 hold down usb/reloop buttons when switching on cdj2000 place usb in when promted then nothing promt box stays on no flashing lights nothing??? :[ file sizes are different to whats stated aswell so ive attached the download please help me im desperate for a mix 

jordan mills 0 votes