Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

1.5 Crashes On Startup

I have recently downloaded the new Rekordbox software and it loads up fora few seconds then crashes. I have gone through the stated procedure. Help would be appreciated.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.7

2) OS Type: Not sure how to find out (top spec 15 inch 2011 Mac Book Pro if that helps)

3) Rekordbox version:  1.5

4) Using LINK: No 

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message OR a crash log OR both Crash_ Log_

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

Thanks,

Alex

alexryan84

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

@alexryan84 > Did you upgrade from a previous version?  If so, was it working before?

Have you added any songs to your database?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I was having the exact same problem with the previous version, i thought i would wait until the next update to see if it was resolved. I have not added any songs since it last worked correctly. I can send a crash log if needed.

Thanks

alexryan84 0 votes

Okay, so you had a previous version working and then it started crashing on startup - then you updated the software and it's still crashing.  Sounds to me like a buggy database; please follow the instructions here on loading your backup database to see if that works.

Pulse 0 votes

I have tried that numerous times on both 1.4 and 1.5 and it still doesn't work. I have also tried reinstalling rekordbox and i get the same issue. I switched from an iMac to a Macbook Pro back in March, rekordbox worked perfectly for a month and then started failing. 1.4 worked fine on my iMac. I transferred the whole profile over to my Macbook Pro so all the settings are exactly the same.  Could this be the cause of the issue?

Thanks

alexryan84 0 votes

Is there any further development into why Rekordbox is crashing?

Thanks

alexryan84 0 votes

Ive spent 2 hours this morning just trying to open Rekordbox with no luck. Please release a new bug free version asap - Rekordbox is a massive disappointment - Programs like virtual dj are showing you up! 

Its so frustrating how are you supposed to prepare anything ?

Sort it out !

Andy Moy 0 votes

How do i convert to the default database? Rekordbox wont open. 

Thanks,

Alex

alexryan84 0 votes