Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox refuses to open

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting:  Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.7

2) OS Type: 64bit 32bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1

4) Using LINK: No

4a) LINK Connection method: DJM2000 

4b) Using with CDJs: Yes 2000

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT32

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: Unsure

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: Unsure

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX 

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message 

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

Recently purchased my CDJ2000, set everything up and installed rekordbox 1.4.1, everything was working fine. Recently just tidyed up my music library and went to import all the tracks into rekordbox for analysing, only 445 tracks. It started to analyse the files then unexpectedly crashed. Then every time I try to open the program it crashes, do not even get the screen. I did get it to open once and very quickly hit command A, ctr del and removed all files, rekordbox then seem to work, I didn't know about bridging so went to import all my tracks it crashed and I have never been able to open the program since. I have removed the program, and re installed, I have lost count of how many times. Today i downloaded 1.5.1 and installed that still it will not open.

Keep getting the message. rekordbox quit unexpectedly.

Since reloading the program it has never asked me for the key to confirm I am assuming but never get the window, and i have read in many threads about rewording the library, well there are no libraries anywhere to be found on my iMac.

Hope you can help because this is really frustrating.

I look forward to hearing from people.

Gill Somers

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

This is currently being looked at by pioneer but i have found a workaround as i have the same issue.

Open the pioneer folder and drag your datafile.edb to your desktop.

open rekordbox

import your datafile by going to

file > library > backup > restore

Hopefully this should do the trick for now ...

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I can't even get to that, i click the icon, get the rekordbox logo on start up, then the program crashes, I don't get the chance to see the main rekordbox screen.

I have also done a search for the library and cannot find the file anywhere on my mac. Really strange thought it would find the library

Gill Somers 0 votes

you need to remove the datafile before you open rbx or this workaround will not work,

you will find it in -- OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Nick Hilton 0 votes

This is the thing, there are no Library folders to be found anywhere on my Mac.

I have searched the computer and it finds nothing called pioneer anywhere.

Gill Somers 0 votes

Im assuming you need to unhide the folder as you do with windows,

maybe a mac owner can chip in here?

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Nick Hilton 0 votes

OK, question answered.

I have been in touch with Pioneer support in Victoria, these guys are really helpful.

They contacted me this morning after having feedback from Japan. Currently OSX Lion does not support Rekordbox, they are currently rectifying and hope to release the new Rekordbox update in November.

Frustrating but at least I only have to wait a few weeks. Luckily I have Serato on my computer, they rectified their issue with Lion a couple of weeks after it was released.

Gill Somers 0 votes

OSX does support Lion, but the problem is still likely your database file.  To find your hidden files:  http://lifehacker.com/188892/show-hidden-files-in-finder

As @Pionix says, you should move the database file out of the Pioneer folder (as listed) and try launching the program again.  If it opens, the problem is 100% your database file.  Try importing it and see if that works.

Pulse 0 votes

Same problem MAC OS 10.5.8 RB Version 1.51

• will open when I remove datafile.edb, but continues after importing. So workaround not solving problem. Is there another way to rectify?
Frank Rempe 0 votes

@Frank > If you remove your database.edb file and start from scratch, the software works fine?  Or does it crash again after importing a certain song?

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, thanks for touching base, yes I have tried removing the edb file, all it does it remove all my tracks and I have to start again, and again when I import a track it just crashes again, the cycle just keep repeating itself, I rarely get past the "Rekordbox has unexpectedly quit message" I deleted the program again last night and it just keeps crashing.

Now also running 1.5.2 but still not working. Know there is enough memory on the mac, on have standard memory but that is 500GB hard rive and 4GB memory.

Gill Somers 0 votes

@Gill > Are you importing just ONE track to that empty database and it crashes?

Pulse 0 votes

I don't even get that far, the problem is I press the Rekordbox icon in my applications panel, the program starts to open up and I see the Rekordbox start up image that you get just before it opens up, then just as it would normally go the the rekordbox program the program crashes and I get the Rekordbox has unexpectedly quit window. with ignore, report, retry etc.

So doing anything to the database file is a waste of time as the biggest issue I have is the crashing on start up, I don't have many programs accept for the standard mac programs that come with the computer plus Serato, Beatport downloader, VLC player, Ableton, Audacity, Bittorrect.

If on the odd chance the program does open I can only drag 2 - 3 songs across and it will crash again, then it reverts back to crashing before the program even opens.

Gill Somers 0 votes

@Gill > Are you importing just ONE track to that empty database and it crashes?

i am having this problem... the program opens fine then when i add 1 song from itunes bridge it crashes?

Warren Adam 0 votes

If I can get the program to open, then yes dragging 1 or 2 tracks across from the bridge crashes. I have Pulse on the case and am hoping he may have some info soon, I think there is some conflict with Lion and Rekordbox, Snow Leopard seems to work perfectly.

Gill Somers 0 votes

You lucky b@#$%!^&

I am waiting till next year, then there is a group of us from Sydney heading over

Gill Somers 0 votes

Well I managed to resolve my issue, had to make a call to Apple but resolved it, I am now running 1.5.3 fine, all I needed to do was a full clear out of all the rekordbox folders, not just deleting the application. It seems the reason for the crashes was a corrupted hidden file, once I had wiped every pioneer folder off my mac I reinstalled it and bam now I am able to use rekordbox. Hope this helps others having the issue. Took me 5 months but i got there.

Gill Somers 0 votes