Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

31 followers Follow

Rekordbox 2.0.1 problems

I feel like maybe this wasn't supposed to be released quite yet? It has crashed on me several times and only writes about half of my tracks to the drive

Dj Daywalker

Post is closed for comments.

105 comments

I´m wondering the exact same thing!

I´ve lost the ability to Link with 2.0.1 - I see the players in RB, but loading a track fails, the players just blink....

Tracebuzta 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

1) You're not the alpha (or beta) testers.

2) If you have updated the software and are on a PC, you will also have to allow the new version through your firewall if you have it enabled.

3) Yes, the 2000's are supported in 2.x

Pulse 0 votes

Wow, pioneer releases obviously untested software that's crashing and presenting other problems for most users and that is the response we get? I think this is one of those situations where you should try to give us a timeline of when it will be fixed instead of trying to keep it a secret. I still can't believe this software made it to users.

Dj Daywalker 0 votes

I allowed Rekordbox through firewall ! 3 firewall windows appeared,  clicked on "unblock" on each one. It keeps crashing from time to time, after editing someting in it, changing the beatgrid .... .

Marian Eugen 0 votes

You'll get a timeline when the fat lady sings. The standard response is always "the engineers are working on it". I don't think they've released anything untested, but like with any other software on the planet, some people will have issues, and in the case with RB, the issues are more irritating because the software is used professionally in a live setting. What Pioneer should've done long time ago is create a team of experienced in-house programmers for the RB, not asking Mixvibes for help.

kooba 0 votes

it starts analyzing over and over again. its really annoying!

Everytime I close RB it starts again -.-

EpikureeR 0 votes

So I've finally got RB to to link to my 900. It wasn't my laptop as the network was fine and there's no firewall as the laptop is only for DJing. I've had to completely uninstall RB with an uninstall program to clean the registry, the strange was it kept leaving behind the hidden folder with the database files in. Once I deleted that it's looking good. The only thing is I will now have to re-analyse my whole collection.

Si BooGie 0 votes

The bpm analisis and grid adjustment is still the same crap as 1.6.2. Was hoping since version jumped to 2.something now it would have serious improvements on that matter but not.

There is a big bug on bpm analisis that was there on 1.6.2 also. To adjust grid I go to the end of the track and, lets say, start clicking to shrink it to the left. The bpm pre analized is 125 bpm. After a few clicks it jumps to 124.99 (ok and fine till here) but then after a few more clicks the counter jumps again to 125 showing that Rekordbox bpm analisis works as precise a drunk human being. This happens to tons of the tracks I am re analizing after upgrading. Should be pretty simple for anybody to reproduce.

Stroboscope 0 votes

Using 2.0.1 with an XDJ Aero on a 2 different laptop Mac w/Snow Leopard, and old windows laptop & Galaxy Note

No bugs so far, that others are reporting

DJ SPiRiTMooN 0 votes

RB jumped to 2.0 for marketting only ... Still random crash for no reason ... Grid analysis & ajustments are still completly bad ...

RB Engineers should be replaced also like our players

L V G 0 votes

Listen......what do you hear????? .....Must be holiday time at Pioneer,

After importing my tracks last night (when I finaly fixed RB to link) I got up this morning to find some tracks showing strange BPM. One was showing 10BPM I can't imagine what a 10BPM track would sound like.

Si BooGie 0 votes

lol .... I wonder whether there'd be grounds for a Class Action Lawsuit from all those DJM2000 and CDJ owners against pioneer for compensation or complete refund or upgrade to the new players/mixer .....

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

pmsl
The get out clause is it's free software however as the funtions of the hardware rely so much on it .......
I'd be surprised if the cost of development wasn't included in the CDJ price, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Si BooGie 0 votes

@ koobah > not on the "free software" bad behaviour but about the many bugs some products still have. I myself have a CDJ200 that doesnt work properly and know a friend that also has lots of complaints about his djm2000. Reading the forums I noticed lots of other cdjs that also have serious bugs. They are just putting stuff out on market much faster than they can make them work 100%. On my eyes that would be a full dish to take it to court.

Stroboscope 0 votes

Not trying to stand behind Pioneer, but every company in the world releases its products that way. Cars, electronics, software, you name it. That's what the warranty is for, although I must admit that I've had my share of issues with the brand new CDJ2000's and sending them to Pioneer for warranty repair fixed the issues, while creating new ones. Gone are the days of the built-like-tank 1200s.

kooba 0 votes

^ lol, how can you possibly make that comparison. This release would be the equivalent of most new cars brakes failing the first time you tried to stop

Dj Daywalker 0 votes

I was actually referring to Stroboscope's comment about Pio's products, not so much about software. We all know that software suffers the most and every version uncovers new glitches. It's a neverending process, though I'm not convinced that Pioneer has truly put full effort and its resources into RB, and like I've said before, collaboration with Mixvibes was a huge mistake. A multi million (or billion?) company such as Pioneer should have put together its own team of top-notch programmers for this project in order to make the RB a new DJ/industry standard, an idea which despite their best marketing efforts did not take off for obvious reasons. We all hope that with each subsequent RB release, Pioneer will finally "get it right", and we'll have a reliable software to work with. Instead, the program is getting more complicated, adding unnecessary features like the smartphone app, and more people are reporting bugs that should have been addressed long time ago.

kooba 0 votes

I've updated to 2.0.1 and have had no crashes, but a new icon has appeared just besides the CUE symbol that a track gets when you have cue points set. What does that symbol mean? Its a triangle like symbol with a note in it

Carlos Sandoval González 0 votes

it means you have to right click the file and "analyze missing data", the new players and RB seem to need to grab new data from the files so that updates the analysis  

BriChi 0 votes

How accurate is the key analyser? Every one I've done has been different from hats listed in beatport.

c minor to f minor, F3 minor to Bm are two.

Tony Higgins 0 votes

the KEY analyser sucks.. I am sorry to say this but it is TRUE! I compared it to the newest key detection engine from Mixed in key and Mixmeister and they are fairly accurate but I re-analyzed some tracks that had the correct values and out of 20 only 5 where good.

Also I had to analyze the new data and my I7 notebook crashed! and it has a lot of power and memory so that is not the problem.

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

I give up, it's crashing when I try to import folders so was having to import my collection track by track, it crashes if I try to analyse large amounts of tracks so was doing 10 at a time, my CDJ900 and RB crashed when trying to link, Luckily I still have 1.6.1 to go back to so uninstall the pile of @%^$ as I got a gig in week and to sort my stuff out.

Si BooGie 0 votes

Installed in on PC with Windows7 and this version links to all 2000's without updating the firewall. All MAC-addresses are registered, so think that is why no update is needed on the Firewall (some IT-nerd fixed that network-thing for me hehe)

Still a lot of improvements needed, beat-grid is crappy and a very practical comment for new versions: Keep my search-terms after editing something.

(When I do a search that gives me, say, 23 results and remove a track from those list, it clears the search and the full collection is visible again. This is very annoying when finetuning/enriching my collection)

DJ BramBo 0 votes

Updated my rekordbox to v 2.0. connect to CDJ2000's. turn on LINK in rekordbox window:

1: I see my CDJ's

2 :when i hit LINK button in CDJ's it says WAIT.... WAIT WAIT... about 30-40 sec..... and that's all. I can't see tracks from RB on my cdj's.

3: when i load the track using RB from PC, after about 40 sec error on cdj2000: E-8302:PLAYER ERROR (C611)

?????????????

Sonare 0 votes

How long does it  take to analyze keys and tracks(2795) by pioneer rekordbox  3 days so far and still going ..is this right ?. very slow

Bren 0 votes

If you are wating all that time to analize your tracks Bren... then I wouldnt want to be at your place when its time to fix the beat grids. It will take you one year then lol.

Stroboscope 0 votes