Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

17 followers Follow

new rekordbox 2.2

Anyone realizes any difference?

changelog:

• New intelligent playlist feature.
  • Increased speed during synchronisation.
  • KUVO compatible.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the CDJ-2000NXS would keep displaying “NOW LOADING" when a track is loaded.

What is the new intelligent playlist feature? I installed 2.2 and all i saw was that my categories in the playlist was a bit messed up. For example i didn't have the rating column, and after installing 2.2 it was there...

Anastasio

Please sign in to leave a comment.

47 comments

Msg for Pulse - Ive found a glitch in 2.2.0.

If on firmware 4.1 using 2000s, you cant search by BPM after upgrading to 2.2.0. Updating the firmware solved the problem - but not until Id wasted hours trying to get to the bottom of the problem. 

Martin Pod 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Due to the many open issues, I think about using Cross from MixVibes. In Version 2.6 an Recordbox Sync feature is implemented. So I can manage my collection in Cross (including cues, loops, hot cues, etc.), sync it to recordbox and then export it to USB or SD. And in adition it is a full usable DJ software.

Do anybody have experience with Cross and rekordbox in this combination?

Or do anybody knows the development strategy of releasing such software versions?

Chris 0 votes

Found the Intelligent playlists to be a serious improvement in the right direction - love the feature ... replaced a bunch of playlists that I maintained by hand in the past. It doesn't replace them all, but the nu brainer cube selections got way easier. Thanks (instead of nagging and reporting bugs all the time :-))

DJ_LINK2U 0 votes

one thing i noticed there was if you delete a playlist the tracks stay on the USB stick in the contents folder, id have thought that if you delete a playlist then the tunes from that playlist would be deleted from the USB when you update collection or synchronise?

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

thats a setting in RB, you may have it off...

it says "Delete playlist tracks from device if playlist is deleted"

BriChi 0 votes

Yeah the main thing that has driven me absolutely bonkers about rekordbox since day 1 is the extremely slow export that CAN NOT realize that you are exporting playlist update…i.e. playlists that contain mainly songs already exported PLUS a few new songs.

I use a Kingston USB 3 64GB and thins are a bit faster but still not acceptable. 

Im glad that Pioneer now has intelligent playlists but they STILL need to fix this other issue.

I have been utilizing smart playlists in iTunes since 2007. Every time I add music, they filter into these playlists. Then I need to re-import those playlists to rekordbox, and re-exprot them to my flash drive. There may only be 30-40 new songs spread amongst all the playlists, but I might as well start the export then come back and check on it in a day… Its ridiculous.

Matt Play 0 votes

BAR COUNTER still missing !!!

The Nexusplayer has it, the Phone app has it, Why not give it to Rekordbox so we could pre-set our mixes properly ?

I "Only" got CDJ 2000mk1 and would like to have this feature.. or make the CDJ 2000mk1 to have this on the display as the Nexus have !!!

Fredrik F 0 votes

WTF, I can't update? When I open RB, the RB update manager appears, and then I click 'start', it says, 'rekordbox closing'? What gives? 

6Sixx 0 votes

Now I have tested it for a few days and 2.2 freezes all the time for me...  going back to older version.

Dell 630 with SSD

Windows 7

Have had no problems with older update.

Fredrik F 0 votes

And still no comment from Pioneer...?

I'd rather stick to the version I now have that is working, then updating to a new version and hoping it is another version that won't fail.

Come on software engineers, you shouldn't let your customers have this mindset!!

DJ HeroS 0 votes

My intelligent playlists are completely  empty whenever I start Rekordbox. I have to set up those playlists everytime I start Rekordbox. Does anyone else experience this issue?

Mitchel den Hartog 0 votes

ok now im fookin pissed, SORT  OUT THE FOOKIN REKORDBOX connection and my CDJ 2000 nexus freezing issue!!! due to your poor updates and/or offer me a full refund i no longer want these over priced under updated pieces of shite!!!

Trading standards being contacted as we speak Pioneer.

Traktor S4 MK2 just released and works like a dream

DjTrix5tar 0 votes

Have an issue that I haven't seen mentioned on the forums yet.  The position of the play marker on the top and bottom waveforms seem to be out of sync by a few seconds, don't think it happens all of the time but it does happen often throughout a night.

Also whats the deal with the incredible slow search on the bridge, after each couple of letters the program completely locks up for 1-2 minutes, really big issue for large databases.

Shane White 0 votes

Im still on 2.0.7, dont feel the need foran update as long as everything works, dont try to fix anything that isnt broken, but i guess its another matter with you Nexusguys, with more features and a more complexed firmware.

Star Lord 0 votes

New version 2.2.1
- Now supports Mac OS X 10.9.
- Fixed a rare issue where rekordbox could crash during start up.
- Fixed an issue where rekordbox would not load if a username included an apostrophe.

Anastasio 0 votes