Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[CLOSED] Rekordbox crashes when I drop a track in to the player

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting:  Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) rekordbox version: 3.0.2 but I had the same problem with the previous version.

4) Using LINK: No

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: N/A

4b) Using with CDJs*: N/A

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
: N/A

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: N/A

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: N/A

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Windows

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: No because RB doesn't crash in "Simple view"

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No because RB doesn't crash in "Simple view"

**8) Is rekordbox crashing at all
: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Both

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: Yes. Unexpected Application Error

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No

10a) If yes, please post a link to it: N/A

11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here: All my tracks load up & analyse ok & will sync onto my USB sticks but as soon as I drag & drop a track into the player I get a message saying "Unexpected Application Error" then RB crashes. The only time this doesn't happen is if I have the player in "Simple" view but that's no use for setting cue points, using quantize etc.

I've followed the advice on the "Read me first" post (renaming databases etc) I've deleted & re-installed RB & have just installed Ver 3.0.2 - it still happens. Please help, thanks.

Mark Rocca

Post is closed for comments.

65 comments

@Mark > Sorry, we need the crashlog file, not the system dump:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox\Crashes

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Pulse

I've added the latest file in the folder you have stated. Pretty sure it's the same file as last time. All the files in the folder end .dmp

Let me know if there's anything else

Thanks

Mark

Mark Rocca 0 votes

Hrm, must be a different file on PC than Mac, the Mac ones show as .log, either way, I'll pass that along.

Pulse 0 votes

And yes, that does appear to be the same file. Is that the only one there? If not, is that the newest?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse

No it's not the only file, there are files in that folder dating back to 01/09/14, but it is the most recent

In the folder C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\PioneerLog there are 3 files from 08/04/15 all created at 19.49 which end Log.txt, I've attached them in case they're relevant?

Mark Rocca 0 votes

Ok, so what now?

Hoping you can resolve this quick, what do you think?

Thanks

Mark

Mark Rocca 0 votes

@Mark > Can you please let us know what model video card you're using and what the current driver version is?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse, not sure if this is the info you want??

Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)

Driver version 8.15.10.2189

Mark

Mark Rocca 0 votes

If that's what shows up in your device manager, then that's it! Thanks.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

I've tried the fix that you sent me but it's made no difference I'm afraid.

The same things still happen - if I drop a track in to the player in simple view it will play, but if the player is in either 1 or 2 track view RB displays a message saying "Unexpected application error" then crashes :(

Mark Rocca 0 votes

@Pulse. Just to add to my last comment, as v3.2.1 won't open at all, I've uninstalled it until I hear back from you

Mark Rocca 0 votes

@Mark > Have you tried installing in administrative mode? After downloading the installer file, right-click on the file and select "Run as Administrator," and after rekordbox is installed, try right-clicking the rekordbox shortcut icon and do the same thing to RUN the file.

You may want to rename the rekordbox folder before you install just to see if perhaps there's something in that folder / database contributing to the problem: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Rename it "rekordbox-old" or something then try the installation again.

Pulse 0 votes

If that still crashes, please try launching the file I emailed you.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse

Just tried installing v3.2.1 in Administrator mode - still won't launch & still only getting a dump file in the crash folder.

The version you sent me will launch but still crashes in 1 or 2 player view

Mark Rocca 0 votes

Can you run it via that other file, go to the preferences and see that this is unchecked:

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.41.09 PM.png

If it isn't, uncheck it, close and re-launch from that file, then go to 1 or 2 player view and try to crash it. If it does, please send the crash / dump file from the Pioneer crashes folder.

Pulse 0 votes

That box was already unchecked, do you want the dump file anyway?

Mark Rocca 0 votes

@Pulse. Just tried that & I'd already got the best driver software installed

Mark Rocca 0 votes

Dear Mark, Dear Pulse:

Hi Guys! I'm still following this forum with great intresst. Have also searched for possible sollutions but with no resold.

Recently a took al look at my girlfriends laptop and discovered that she also has installed Rekordbox, version 3.0.2. And guess what ? Same problem here ! ;

Rekordbox crashes when a track is dropped in the player. Same message saying "Unexpected Application Error". Only in simple view it doesn't chrash.

I updated it to version 3.2.0; same problem: Rekordbox give the message "Unexpected Application Error" and won't start at all.

I updated it to version 3.2.1; same problem: Rekordbox give the message "Unexpected Application Error" and won't start at all.

Like Mark's : Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3), with the latest driver software already installed

On my own personal laptop Rekordbox 3.2.0 runs perfectly.

Since the problem is so very much similar I wanted to comment it in this thread. To make things not complicated I'm willing to make my own thread. What would you suggest me to do ?

KG, Fons

Fons Bardoel 0 votes

@Mark > Sorry, nothing from the engineers yet.

@Fons > Sorry, I can't provide any more information than what we already have processing for @Mark - if you have your notifications enabled for this topic, any time an update is posted, you'll get an email. Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok thanks Pulse. I've already got notifications enabled. With all the recent activity, I was just getting a bit excited that a solution might be imminent :)

Mark Rocca 0 votes

Thanks for your patience guys, it will be another week at the earliest - Japan has ** Golden Week** this week so the offices are closed.

Pulse 0 votes

@Mark > Have you checked the crashes folder of the file I sent you (not the default application folder)?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse. Still only .dmp files in the crashes folder - see attached

Mark Rocca 0 votes

@Mark > Is that from the default install location or next to the .exe I sent you?

Pulse 0 votes

It's from the crashes folder in the default location. There's no crashes folder in the folder you sent me. What would the file ending be?

Mark Rocca 0 votes