Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[CLOSED] Rekordbox crashes when I drop a track in to the player

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting:  Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) rekordbox version: 3.0.2 but I had the same problem with the previous version.

4) Using LINK: No

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: N/A

4b) Using with CDJs*: N/A

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
: N/A

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: N/A

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: N/A

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Windows

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: No because RB doesn't crash in "Simple view"

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No because RB doesn't crash in "Simple view"

**8) Is rekordbox crashing at all
: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Both

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: Yes. Unexpected Application Error

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No

10a) If yes, please post a link to it: N/A

11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here: All my tracks load up & analyse ok & will sync onto my USB sticks but as soon as I drag & drop a track into the player I get a message saying "Unexpected Application Error" then RB crashes. The only time this doesn't happen is if I have the player in "Simple" view but that's no use for setting cue points, using quantize etc.

I've followed the advice on the "Read me first" post (renaming databases etc) I've deleted & re-installed RB & have just installed Ver 3.0.2 - it still happens. Please help, thanks.

Mark Rocca

Post is closed for comments.

65 comments

There may not be a folder - if you put the .exe in a folder on your desktop, it would possibly be in that same folder. If it's just on the desktop, look for a new file sitting there.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It's in a folder, but there aren't any new files there. They all have the same date & time of creation, 16/04/15 when I first unzipped & ran the file you sent me

Mark Rocca 0 votes

Hallo Pulse.

I Downloaded the file and unzipped it to my desktop. It creates a folder on my desktop. In this folder there is a program file called "Rekordbox3.exe". I assumed this is the test version, so i run it.

It starts up fast and nicely. And if i drop a track in the player it works superb. In simple view, extended view and even in double player.

So you and the engineers are definitely on the right track !!

I do hope this helps you in solving this problem.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thank you very much so far !!

Fons Bardoel 0 votes