Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[SOLVED] About the "Related tracks" panel and the way rekordbox names key signatures

"Customize the criteria" window -> the "key" criteria has 3 options to choose from (same key, related key 1 and related key 2).

Question 1: In "same key" mode:

I've noticed rekordbox makes no difference between capital and small letters when it comes to reading the'"key signatures" field. When a b minor track is selected, rekordbox also suggests tracks that are in b major.

I use capital letters for major key signatures and small letters for minor ones.  Exemple: "B" for tracks in B major, and "b" for tracks in b minor.

What is the formula for naming the key signatures so rekordbox will recognize them and make the difference between major and minor ones?

Question 2: what related key 1 and related key 2 mean? Which keys are suggested?

I couldn't find anything about this in the online manual!

Thanks!

Marian Eugen

Post is closed for comments.

30 comments

When you select [Key] in the [Customize the criteria] window, tracks which meet the criteria are shown automatically in the [Related Tracks] panel.

Track name, BPM and key are displayed in that panel.

1.Major key and minor key are specifically displayed like B and Bm.

2. When you select Relative Key 1, tracks only in Relative Key are shown.

When you select Relative Key 2, tracks in Dominant Key and Subdominant Key in addition to Relative Key are shown.

Jay 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

And for the sharps and flats? The usual way would be:

"B#" and "Bb" for B sharp major and B flat major

"B#m" and "Bbm" for B sharp minor and B flat minor

Can you confirm this?

I'm asking all this because it seems rekordbox would not read the key field if there are other characters attached to these formulas. I used to have the camelot formula next to each key. Exemple: "Bm-10A". Even though i have many tracks in this key, the related tracks window was empty. Now if i want to use this rekordbox feature, i need to edit the key field for each track.

Marian Eugen 0 votes

"Related tracks" panel bug:

No related tracks are shown when selecting tracks in the key of "C#m" (C sharp minor)

Marian Eugen 0 votes

Anyone else having this issue with the "related tracks" panel?

Marian Eugen 0 votes

I am having the same issue. When I buy music from Beatport, it already has the key information, which I am assuming is the most accurate. But Rekordbox doesn't recognise it for working out "related tracks". The weird thing is I think it does recognise it for key matching on my XDJ1000s.

Nick James 0 votes

It has been requested before that rekordbox support the ability to recognize either Camelot notation (eg. 9B, 11A), Standard notation (eg. G, F#m), or Open notation (G, f#). I'll re-submit it to the engineers that we either have an option to switch between notations or convert existing notations.

Pulse 0 votes

@Marian Eugen > Have you confirmed that you have a track loaded to the player and that you have configured criteria in the Related Tracks panel by clicking the gear icon?

Screen_Shot_2015-02-21_at_9.05.33_PM.png

Pulse 0 votes

Yup, just realize the same thing. Not getting results by a C#m key. F#m and G#m works.

Anastasio 0 votes

Hrm, must be a glitch with C#m tracks. I don't have any in this (small) library, I'll ask engineers.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, i confirm those settings. It only happens with this particular key ->   C#m

Rekordbox cannot find related tracks for any of the tracks found in this key.

Marian Eugen 0 votes

The little gear icon top right when the "related tracks" pane is open.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm in Rekordbox 3, ive opened the gear icon, where do I find the "related tracks" pane as I can't seem to find it?

pnut 0 votes

I've managed to find the related tracks pane, ive selected same key, related key 1, related key 2, ive imported setting to USB and updated collection but the display on my new XDJ RX is still showing key in standard notation on the display. How can I change the display so it shows in Canelot Notation? Many Thanks

pnut 0 votes

Camelot notation is NOT currently used by the CDJ / XDJs. The engineers are aware of the demand to have Camelot and Open Notation options and are considering implementation for future updates.

Pulse 0 votes

So just to clear this up, from the image attached, there's no way I can change in Rekordbox, the key display to show for e.g 10A?

Also ive noticed when I went save my settings to USB, it didn't carry those settings onto the XDJ RX?

pnut 0 votes

Hey, sorry to message again but you say Camelot notation is unavailable for cdjs/xdjs at the moment but my friend has a pair of CDJ 2000 nexuses , if you look at the image attached it shows the key 9A in top right. Why is it does not do this on the RX if it is a nexus controller?

pnut 0 votes

Guys, the KEY field can show anything you want. You could put a Q in there if you wanted, but it won't sort properly.

Pulse 0 votes

FYI: The engineers are working to resolve the C#m matching bug in the next update.

Pulse 0 votes

"So just to clear this up, from the image attached, there's no way I can change in Rekordbox, the key display to show for e.g 10A? Also ive noticed when I went save my settings to USB, it didn't carry those settings onto the XDJ RX?"

@pnut - I know what you mean. I have updated my library's keys using Mixed in Key with the Camelot notation. But as you've said, the screen shot still shows like Cm, Bm, etc.

"Guys, the KEY field can show anything you want. You could put a Q in there if you wanted, but it won't sort properly."

@Pulse - Are you saying that the screen (http://forums.pioneerdj.com/attachments/token/PUk1VBZrnzTJutpdOetTt0ZeP/?name=image.jpg) should show the Camelot notation, or infact anything you've entered in the key field? If so, why isn't it - or how do I change it? I have the same issue as pnut here.

Che Armstrong 0 votes

I meant the key field within rekordbox can store anything, not that the players will show it.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-04_at_9.46.32_AM.png

Pulse 0 votes

Engineers are working to accommodate multiple notation options.

Pulse 0 votes

Will this be implemented in the next update & when possibly will the next update be available?

Many Thanks

pnut 0 votes

There is no guarantee that multiple notation options will be included in the next release, however any bugs or glitches with the current operation may be addressed.

Pulse 0 votes

Fixed in 3.2.1 , i'm getting results now when i pick a c#m key track. Thanks Pulse!

Anastasio 0 votes

So in case you didn't catch the inference from my post above; 3.2.1 has been released and one of the fixes is the related tracks.

I'm marking this topic as solved; anyone who still has issues with related tracks, please start a new topic and link back to this one.

Pulse 0 votes

Footnote: the availability of other notation options is still under consideration.

Pulse 0 votes