Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

[SOLVED] can't get the "Link" to show up in Rekordbox using XDJ-1000

Hi, My XDJ1000s are at the latest firmware, i'm using the latest version of Rekordbox, i have windows 7 but can't get link either of my players to Rekordbox.

I have tried connecting each XDJ1000 to the laptop one at a time and still nothing.  I have turned off all firewalls, confirmed all rekordbox related programs are allowed in the firewall even though the firewall is disabled, and i have turned "OFF" file sharing.  I am lost for answers.  

patrizio_moro

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

@patrizio > Sorry to hear of the troubles - please read this thread and try the fixes there. If you still have problems, post with the information requested at the bottom and we'll be happy to assist.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pulse i went through this in it's entirety and nothing works with my windows 7.  The link won't even show up in the rekordbox.

I have a PC using Vista with a D-Link router and when connecting 1 of my 2 XDJ-1000s can link to only player 1.  I can never see the 2nd player.  Both XDJs have the latest firmware and the menu utility settings are exactly the same on both players.  So I essentially have 2 problems. 1. Can't connect either player to rekordbox using windows 7. 2. Only 1 of my 2 XDJ-1000s will Link to my rekordbox on my vista PC.

patrizio_moro 0 votes

i only posted here as i have read the thread that you sent me to previous to even posting here. @Pulse do you think calling tech support might help?

patrizio_moro 0 votes

Information Required for Support

So you've read this post and couldn't find your problem? Then it's time for you to post a new thread. Copy these lines and paste them into a new thread and we'll try to do our best. For any lines which have multiple answers pre-filled, please erase those which do not apply.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: No, it's too long and don't really need help OR Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System:  Windows  7

2) OS Type: 32bit

3) rekordbox version: 3.2.1 rev 3231-4360

4) Using LINK: Yes

4b) LINK Connection method: XDJ-1000 with unmanaged switch direct to PC or directly to laptop

4c) Using with CDJs: XDJ-1000 firmware 1.04

7) Have you scanned your files for errors: No

7b) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No

8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No, Yes

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: the problem is always there

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here:

My XDJ1000s are at the latest firmware, i'm using the latest version of Rekordbox, i have windows 7 but can't get link either of my players to Rekordbox.

I have tried connecting each XDJ1000 to the laptop one at a time and still nothing.  I have turned off all firewalls, confirmed all rekordbox related programs are allowed in the firewall even though the firewall is disabled, and i have turned "OFF" file sharing.  I am lost for answers.  On a side note:I have a PC using Vista with a D-Link router and when connecting 1 of my 2 XDJ-1000s can link to only player 1.  I can never see the 2nd player.  Both XDJs have the latest firmware and the menu utility settings are exactly the same on both players.  So I essentially have 2 problems. 1. Can't connect either player to rekordbox using windows 7. 2. Only 1 of my 2 XDJ-1000s will Link to my rekordbox on my vista PC.

patrizio_moro 0 votes

@patrizio > With the Vista laptop, have you tried connecting each player individually to the laptop DIRECTLY (without the router)?

Have you verified that your wifi is OFF?

Do you have individual player numbers for each unit?

Screen_Shot_2015-05-13_at_9.39.31_AM.png

Pulse 0 votes

hello @pulse, for the vista machine I did not try connecting each one by one and on this PC (not a laptop) I DON'T have a wifi adapter.  My main concern is my Windows 7 LAPTOP that I will regularly be using with my players.  On the windows 7 machine, I did have the wifi off and each xdj1000 does have a different player number.

patrizio_moro 0 votes

@patrizio > Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure about the computer configuration and wanted to make sure you had at least tried that if it were the case. ;)

Other suggestions:

• Are you using a 3rd party firewall or security software (eg. Norton, McAfee, Avast, Avira, etc.) which may be blocking network traffic?

• Have you checked that you have no file sharing services enabled? They can sometimes interfere with the link. (This includes Home Group sharing.)

• When testing the XDJ with the Vista laptop, you say one of the units didn't work - did you use the same ethernet cable for both units? If so and one player didn't link, did you check the connector on the back of that bad unit to see that no pins are bent?

• Have you tried using other ethernet cables when connecting directly (keep the switch out of the equation for the time being)? 

Pulse 0 votes

Are you using a 3rd party firewall or security software (eg. Norton, McAfee, Avast, Avira, etc.) which may be blocking network traffic? No

• Have you checked that you have no file sharing services enabled? They can sometimes interfere with the link. (This includes Home Group sharing.) I have tried to do this and as far as I know I disabled all file sharing.  There was a link somewhere that showed how to do this and I followed it.

• When testing the XDJ with the Vista laptop, you say one of the units didn't work - did you use the same ethernet cable for both units? If so and one player didn't link, did you check the connector on the back of that bad unit to see that no pins are bent? The Vista machine is just a desktop not a laptop.  The one that didn't work I tried with other working cables and the 2 XDJ1000s and can LINK to each other to share USB data so I know the Ethernet port on the unit physically can't be bad.

• Have you tried using other ethernet cables when connecting directly (keep the switch out of the equation for the time being)? Yes.

patrizio_moro 0 votes

(Sorry, meant desktop not laptop - fingers faster than brain!)

Okay, if both players link to each-other, the possible problem sites on the players (of the connector and cable) can be eliminated. If you are able to link both players through the switch, the other cabling and the switch can be eliminated. This brings us back to troubleshooting the network on the computer(s).

Does the option to start the link show at all within rekordbox? Sometimes the link button will show and/or a player will get listed but then you simply can't send tracks to the player.

Do you have a manual IP or other custom configuration for the Win7 computer's ethernet connection?

Can you open the process monitor on the Win7 machine (be sure to click the "Show processes from all users" button) and send me a screen-shot of the processes sorted alphabetically?

Pulse 0 votes

I have eliminated the switch and cabling, connectors on players.  The option o start the LINK does NOT show up at all on the Windows 7 laptop.  I have DHCP set on the Win7 computer.  I will try the "process monitor" tonight when I can test it again.  I will attach a screen shot then.

patrizio_moro 0 votes

@patrizio > Thanks for the info and patience in trying to resolve this problem for you.

Your network settings should be fairly basic (default), as any custom settings could interfere with the communication, but most people aren't changing those anyhow.

I'll wait for your process list to see if there's anything in there that might be of interest.

Pulse 0 votes

I think i found the problem...with your direction of course :).  Blackberry Link had a virtual adapter that as soon as i disabled would allow the link to show up.  :) Thank you

patrizio_moro 0 votes

@patrizio > Awesome! Yeah, sometimes those application-based network streamers can cause problems, I'm glad to hear you were able to figure that one out. :)

Pulse 0 votes

Just for future reference, can you tell me where that virtual adapter appeared - was it under the network devices list?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse, it is the blackberry network adapter i had in my control panel-->network and internet--> network conections area.

I don't have a blackberry so i uninstalled it.  The adapter is there for using you blackberry to provide an internet connection.

patrizio_moro 0 votes

@Pulse Hi, the link in your first comment is 404. Does it exists anymore? Thanks

Thomas Peiniau 0 votes