Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

41 followers Follow

CDJ2000 NXS Discussion,

Ok lets hear ya!!

who is getting them and what are your thoughts and questions??

lets get the ball rolling!!

Nick Hilton

Post is closed for comments.

218 comments

@Foster I understand that rekordbox can be used for more than quantizing and adding waveforms to a track. It seems like a better solution to allow djs to have the option to use rekordbox like you mentioned above and still have the option to just put in a cd or a usb and have waveforms and quantizing without external sources needed. I really think 2000$ + for one cdj is more than enough money to have this option. Again the rmx 1000 allowed this, maybe the next cdj then. I made a thread a couple days ago wondering if the cdj 2000 nexus allowed to jump at any point of a track while the track is still playing and will be quantized so it stays in beat. Gavin was almost certain it was possible but wasn't 100% sure are you able to confirm this?

DJ NVASION 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@ DJ NVASION    That feature would be awesome!!

I hope you also could set how Manny bars it should jump ahead..

TheOne 0 votes

I don't know for sure, but I think the plastic cover will.  The thin plastic sheet that sits on the surface of the player won't though due to new buttons etc.

Mark90 0 votes

I don't understand why would anyone want to use the cdj2000 nexus as a controller for traktor and other software.The cdj nexus is beautiful everything right there,nice layout kool waveform. What pionner should have done is put a block on dj software,and only you it for just rekordbox only on.Cause there no need for laptop. Like pulse said before is laptop free.Looking at this thread all you see is sync,sync,sync. What's the big deal I think sync is great on this player for so many reason. Some dj like to drink and sometime there mix is slight off. Lol now if you running 4 or 3 decks that will come in handy cause everything has to be done on a timely matter when mixing or if you just want to be creative on a mix.And beside do you really think people on the dance floor really care if you use sync or not like they have there ears on the speaker saying ( oh he use sync button lets leave the club ) lol.Just want to say great job on the cdj2000 nexus pioneer team. This unit is on the money! Great work guys.

Steven V 0 votes

The nexus players are more powerfull (cpu) than the regular 2000's right? I saw the demo videos and the switch between 8-4-2-1 or even 1/2 , 1/4 loop at the touch panel are much faster without lags.

Anastasio 0 votes

It seems to me that the nexus is a tiny bit bigger (deeper) than the 2000, can anyone confirm? 

Tracebuzta 0 votes

I see that the knobs to select Touch brake and release start are placed a bit higher... therefore it is possible that the existing decksaver won't fit the nexus

TheOne 0 votes

""""Gareth Emery - "Seeing as we are on the subject, here are my thoughts on the infamous 'SYNC' button on the new Pioneer CDJ.

FIRSTLY: laptop DJs have had this feature for years. So if you have a problem with 'SYNC' you should probably stop seeing anyone who plays from a laptop, and I guarantee a few of your favourite DJs will fit this group (not me though)."""

Hmmm, dont know what this guy is talking about. Myself along with 90% of the DJs i know use Serato and there IS NO sync!

Sync button is WHACK!

I won't be buying just out of principle.

and for the other clowns who say beat matching is soooo easy. - UR full of SHT, i i'm pretty sure you couldn't ride a mix

by your lame ears to save your life.

DubLN 0 votes

Here's a few questions that haven't been answered yet in any of the information released so far:

1) With the XDJ-Aero, we had an option of connecting a USB drive to the player, but using an iPhone/iPad/computer (maybe) to navigate the contents of the drive connected to the XDJ, and load tracks from the connected drive to the player. Do the new CDJ 2000 Nexus players have the option of using Rekordbox connected devices to navigate the contents of another drive plugged into a CDJ? Basically I'd prefer to use something like an iPad or iPhone for easier navigation than the built in interface on the CDJs (which I find a bit clunky) whilst still loading the tracks off a hard-wired drive as I don't entirely trust wireless to be reliable. If using an iPhone or iPad, does it have to be connected via wifi to do this, or can I navigate and load tracks from other devices when the phone or tablet is plugged in via USB?

2) I'm not bothered about the zoomed waveforms - a simple overview of the entire track is more than adequate for my needs. I liked the overview that the CDJ 2000 gave of what is loaded in the player, and would consider the loss of that information at a glance to be a significant regression if there's no way to easily get it back. I've read the CDJ 2000 Nexus manual, and I know that pressing the info button will give me something similar to what I'm looking for. However, I wouldn't want to have to hit info each time I load a track. Is there a way to show the track summary rather than the zoomed waveform by default whenever I load a track on the 2000 Nexus?

MouseAT 0 votes

Oh, I also forgot to ask - does the search still work the same way as it did on the old CDJ 2000?

One thing I love about most software is the fact that I can type in multiple sub-strings separated by whitespace and it'll find anything that matches all the strings. For example, if I'm looking for "Cigarettes and Alcohol" by "Oasis", I can literally type "Cigarettes Oasis" and it'll find exactly what I'm looking for. With the original CDJ 2000, I didn't have that option - I'd have to search for "Oasis" or "Cigarettes" and then dig through the results, which can be a pain sometimes. Has that changed?

MouseAT 0 votes

In next generation of nexus should be added following features:

Youtube Player - Connect your nexus to local wifi network and play your or you're listeners favorite tracks directly from youtube =D

Sync Remixer - Select your favourite DJ from a list and your tracks will be mixed automatically as your Favorited DJ mix them. No need to ma mess with mixing. You will have more time to hang up girls, drink beer or dance on the table!!! (With this new feature mixer not needed)

Sorry, but this new nexus looks like a toys for a rich boys.

And what more can you expect from pioneer... CDJ-2000 replaced CDJ-1000 almost everywhere. Main point of CDJ-2000 success was record box and ability to play form media like USB or SD card. No mess with CD.

Market is currently full filled. Now they need to release new toys to increase selling. These features like WiFI, Sync, Ipad-Iphone is not worth any penny... 

Sigius 0 votes

"In next generation of nexus should be added following features:

Youtube Player - Connect your nexus to local wifi network and play your or you're listeners favorite tracks directly from youtube =D

Sync Remixer - Select your favourite DJ from a list and your tracks will be mixed automatically as your Favorited DJ mix them. No need to ma mess with mixing. You will have more time to hang up girls, drink beer or dance on the table!!! (With this new feature mixer not needed)"

This player was probably a request from Paris Hilton ^_^

EpikureeR 0 votes

and for the other clowns who say beat matching is soooo easy. - UR full of SHT, i i'm pretty sure you couldn't ride a mix 

Don't even get me to comment on that one.

The sync is a verry nice feature to use like Laidback Luke did in the promo video , it frees up time for other things on your playground E.G EFX , RMX and ofcourse your DJM.

All i think is that the sync future on the player itself should ONLY be available for the CDJ-2000 Line , people who can afford this hopefully won't need it for some regular mixing...

Sammy 0 votes

Yikes! Observing a few on-line sites, 'pre-order' for the new CDJ-2000 Nexus is $2399.99!

6Sixx 0 votes

In Greece they cost 1599 euro.. Maybe because we have crysis... lol

Anastasio 0 votes

if you mix like Tiesto, fade in, fade out, using sync would be a joke. You would be getting paid for nothing.

if you mix like laidback luke,  sync is perfect, because its all about creativity and not beat matching. simples

Greg Carr 0 votes

@DJ NVASION

I go with the needle search idea from: DJ NVASION

I think this will be very good for on the fly remixing!

michel 0 votes

Yikes! Observing a few on-line sites, 'pre-order' for the new CDJ-2000 Nexus is $2399.99!

the couple i hit all say $1999

BriChi 0 votes

Yeah Im pretty much on the fence about the cdj 2000 nexus.  I think the feature of using a tablet and or smartphone to edit tracks and configure sets is a great idea.  But for me there are two features needed in my opinion to dish out 2000$ + for just one cdj 2000 nexus.  

1. Having on the fly quantized needle drop search option.  This feature would be great for djs who mix quick and would allow djs to remix a track on the fly.  (See my comment on page 1 of this thread.) 

2. Another feature needed is to allow djs to use cds, mp3 and usb that have not been in rekordbox and still have the quantized feature aswell as waveforms.  I cannot see why we would need to use rekordbox just to allow quantizing when the rmx 1000 a year ago allowed this without any external help.  As for the waveforms I think djs will welcome the idea of putting a cd, mp3, usb and having waveforms show up without having to go through rekordbox or using any external source.  Rekordbox is great especially allowing to edit and structure sets but quantizing and waveforms should be a stand alone option on the cdj 2000 nexus since they are essentially computers in itself and they already communicate with each other and of course to help justify the costly upgrade of 2000$+ for each cdj.     

Pioneer hopefully you will update the cdjs 2000 nexus to allow these two key features and you got a sale from me and I can say with certainty this will help other djs to justify the cost of this new cdj nexus and thank you guys for your patients and helping us djs who want more for there dollar.  

DJ NVASION 0 votes

I will not be getting these anytime soon or later. I dont use any software besides Rekordbox, and I refuse having nearby any sync button at all. Just having that button there gives food to the trolls

Arthur C 0 votes

I will not be getting these anytime soon or later. I dont use any software besides Rekordbox, and I refuse having nearby any sync button at all. Just having that button there gives food to the trolls

Bringing a laptop to a gig because i don't have all tracks on my USB already gets me a bad name.

Not even talking about a sync button lol..

Sammy 0 votes

je pense qu'il devrait supprimé la CDJ 900 et conservé la CDJ 2000 et la vendre au prix de la CDJ 900

et vous les DJ's vous en pensez quoi ?

et les dirigents de Pioneer vous en pensez quoi ?

michel franck 0 votes

@ DJ NVASION - point 1 sounds like a good idea.

point 2 is never going to happen. you have to go through rekordbox to get the really accurate beatgrids - there's no other way. the beat detection is pretty good on the RMX but far from perfect (and perfect is what you need for quantisation) it even needs nudge buttons for when it goes out of time. the best bpm detector will never be as good as a manually set beatgrid.

the whole point of these players is to use them with RB analysed files, just as the last ones were. If you don't like using rekordbox and still want to use cds then maybe these aren't for you.

Phil 0 votes

annnnnndddddd? how did everything look and seem? Or was it another dj with really expensive gear just controlling Serato/Traktor, LOL

@BriChi, I think you should sell your cdjs for more!! At the end of the day your cdjs are unique. Have different led lights etc.

Take care

I know right, It's just a good friend of mine who really wants them so the price is ok, plus now I dont have to go through the hassle of ebay, shipping, scams, etc....

BriChi 0 votes

Guys, remember the rules about discussing pricing and selling items...

Gavin 0 votes

@PHIL I understand what you are saying in regards to my second point but look at traktor and serato they do not use rekordbox and they have waveforms and automatic beat grids that do a fine job.  I am not saying rekordbox's feature of allowing manual beat gridding is not the way to go I actually agree that its the best way to quantize.  Since quantizing really was a way to speed up and slow down the tempo of a track while effects still stayed in beat and also allowed effects to snap back to the beat of the track then a software within the cdj itself should be able to do what  traktor and serato have done with automatic waveforms and automatic beat grids that did not need any external source. 

Not saying that rekordbox is not the way to go but that there should be a happy medium with djs allowed to see waveforms with out the need of an external source and still have quantizing available without the need of an external source aswell but djs still have the option to manually beat grid.   Think of how effects worked before the quantzing idea on the djm 900 nexus.  Effects where accurate for the most part but at times fell short which needed manual tapping to lock the beat for better accuracy same kind of concept here.  Djs should get accurate waveforms and quantzing off the bat on such a expensive cdj but still will be allowed manual beat gridding with rekordbbox which you can edit and construct tracks if they want for the very best accuracy and functionality.    

DJ NVASION 0 votes