Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Midi Mappable CFX Parameter Knob

What a major disappointment to learn the CFX Parameter Knob isn't Midi mappable.  I did so much research before my recent purchase of gear, including the DDJ-RX, but I didn't see this one coming.  Now what was supposed to be a glorious evening with my new setup, has turned into a disappointing one to say the least.  Now I have to pay to ship this two ways as I live in Hawaii and couldn't find the DDJ-RX on Amazon.  No one can successfully argue this isn't a slap in the face of the customers who bought the DDJ-RX and other Rekordbox controllers which don't have their own dedicated CFX Parameter knob.  CFX Selection should be Midi mappable too.  

Mark Skeele

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

That applies the CFX to the Master Channel, which is very different than being able to assign the Parameter function for CFX.  

Mark Skeele 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Feel your pain Mark - I requested this feature maybe a year ago...was told it was coming. [https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115010416026-CFX-Parameter-Knob-Why-is-it-Still-Not-Midi-Assignable-]

I think its all about ensuring the highest end gear has exclusive features as some ddj controllers have a knob dedicated to this so it's clearly scripted, just locked.

I'm at a stage where I would PAY for a CFX add-on pack just to be able to dial in the filter resonance live from the controller...in what universe am i going to use my mouse to manually adjust that knob in software during a gig?!

Holding out that its been accidentally overlooked and will be patched one day soon...

Pumahawk 0 votes

Using the CFX without the Parameter function severely limits its functionality and creativity.  It's like giving a painter a single huge brush and one color of paint... Yeah, you can still paint but why?  There's so many requests I have but I feel it's a waste of time to even ask for them.  This forum's only usefulness is finding answers to questions that have already been replied to.  

Every software control in RekordBox DJ should be mappable to a dedicated RB controller.  Right?  Am I wrong?  Lots of them aren't.

Mark Skeele 0 votes

Hi Pioneer guys, I still don't see CFX parameter MIDI integration in the last RBDJ version. How long do we have to wait? I spent 2.000 € in a DDJ-RZ when it was just released 2 or 3 years ago thinking software would evolve and integrate more features to this controller.  Come on guys!

DJ Le Mans 0 votes

Sorry, it's a low priority update and there are many many many requests on the list.

Pulse 0 votes