Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

CFX Parameter Knob - Why is it Still Not Midi Assignable?

From previous forum posts we know that the user-selected CFX are software based & that the parameter for intensity/wet-dry is controllable within software using a mouse. It is also, uniquely, assigned to a knob on the DDJ-RZX. 

With the release of Rekordbox 5, midi-mapping has had a great face-lift, but by now many of us had hoped that this feature would become midi-assignable and STOP being locked behind an extreme price tag.

Why oh why would you create a feature within the software & then not allow paying customers to use it? Very very disappointing. 

Pumahawk Answered

Official comment

You may notice many MIDI mapping requests weren't added in this version, but that's not to say they won't be in future updates.

Your feedback and patience are appreciated.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

12 comments

Thanks for getting back to me, Pulse :-) 

The MAJOR issue I have with this one function not being midi-mapable on the DDJ-RX is that we were originally & officially told that it would be: here, for example. 

People, myself included, bought this product because we were told this feature was included. Now, we find that it is locked away...

That's why I really don't see it as a "midi mapping request"... it is simply a feature I'd already been promised - that was a big part of the reason I bought the DDJ-RX :-(

Pumahawk 0 votes

I am lost I just purchased a DDJ 1000 what does it mean for cfx? I see a red pop up at the bottom of the screen when I'm DJing should I leave that on the fault or have it on user

Dj_iET 0 votes

Hi @Dj_iET, CFX is the sound colour fx.

Your dj-1000 has four built in: dub-echo, pitch, filter and noise. When connected to rekordbox you can also use it to control software CFX and access others such as Space and Sweep. 

Once the SFX is selected using your blue buttons on the left, you can control its application to a channel using the grey filter knob on each channel.

This thread is discussing the addition of a midi control that would allow you to change the parameter of the CFX, which is currently locked in software for most controllers. This would be similar to how your ddj-1000 has a dedicated "parameter" knob for the beat effects - which sits on the right side of your mixer section. 

I cant comment on the "red pop up" you mention as I don't know what that is - maybe check your firmware and software is up to date and license keys and entered, and if that doesn't fix it try opening a new thread with screen captured pics of the problem.

Hope you're enjoying that DDJ-1000 dude!

Pumahawk 0 votes

Hi Pioneer guys, I still don't see CFX parameter MIDI integration in the last RBDJ version. How long do we have to wait? I spent 2.000 € in a DDJ-RZ when it was just released 2 or 3 years ago thinking software would evolve and integrate more features to this controller.  Come on guys!

DJ Le Mans 0 votes

Sorry if I bother you but don't you think after 3 years or so this could be done yet? Really a shame that to get this feature it's needed to hack the software. Regards from Barcelona.

DJ Le Mans 0 votes

I'm sure it is frustrating for people moderating the forum to hear constant requests for features they can only pass along to those who actually write the code.

So I'll be gentle and just lend my +1 to the conversation.

Mapping my DDJ-1000's Sampler Vol knob to this secondary CFX Parameter knob would be super beneficial, as its position is very similar to the location of the CFX Parameter knob on the DJM-900 NXS2.

Thanks for considering the needs of DJs.

Adam 0 votes

You can add this mapping manually by editing the CSV:

1. Go to the MIDI screen and export your current mapping
2. Open this mapping in a text editor
3. Add new a line at the end of the file:

CFXSubParameter,CFXSubParameter,KnobSliderHiRes,B603,,,,,,,,,,Fast;,CFX sub parameter

4. This will use the sampler volume slider of the DDJ-RX as CFX Sub Parameter - if you want to use a different control you'll need to replace B603 with the correct ID (which you can find in the MIDI screen by "learning" it to something)
5. Save your new mapping and import it back in to the MIDI screen

This control still won't appear in the list but it will work :)

Tom D 0 votes

Hi Tom, tried your tip and it worked! Thanks you so much for your help!

DJ Le Mans 0 votes

Will this code hack work for the DDJ-1000 running Rekordbox 6.0?

I've tried to export the MIDI map to drop that code line in. So far no go...

lance Koudele 0 votes