Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox DVS not working with DJM 250 Mk. 2

Hi,

A week ago I purchased a DJM 250 mk2 which came bundled with RB-VD1-K control vinyl and Rekordbox DJ + DVS (both activated on the computer.)

I am using a macbook pro running High Sierra 10.13.4, have the latest firmware installed on the mixer (as well as the drivers installed on the mac.) I am also running the latest update of Rekordbox.

When I connect the mixer to the mac and enter rekordbox the software registers that the mixer is connected, however when I play the control vinyl and go to the DVS setup page the calibration circles do not appear and the software does not seem to register that they are playing.

Pioneer phone support have not been very helpful with this at all, and I feel like I've tried everything! Thanks in advance for any help!

Patrick Dixon

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I am not getting a system extension blocked message when installing the drivers so not sure if this is an issue?

Patrick Dixon 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

You may not receive an alert during the installation process -- it may appear to work just fine, but when you go into the control panel, you'll see that button is available to disable the driver security.

Pulse 0 votes

HI there,

I have also been having the same issue. The DVS was working prior to my MAC software update to high sierra. I have also downloaded the newest firmware and driver without any luck. LIkewise there seems to be no security warning when i downloaded the new driver software. Please help!!!

Dylan Swanborough 0 votes

@Dylan > As above, you won't SEE a warning, you simply have to install, then disable the driver security, then install AGAIN. What you might try doing is using the driver uninstaller from the download package, then running those steps.

Pulse 0 votes

This is just crap service from Pioneer.  I've been trying for 7 days to connect my $400 DJM-250 to my MacbookPro.  Hopeless.  Impossible to do.  Online support is a joke.  Two basic emails a day from someone who cant speak english.  Wish I'd bought another product. 

Simon Barrett 0 votes

@Simon > Sorry about that -- I just looked at your ticket, and you have someone who speaks English quite well. In fact, she's not only the head of our customer resource & support team, but also the lead translator for the engineers in Japan. So by selecting Japan as your country, you've managed to get the best possible agent dealing with your issue.

And I have to say, they've been quite active on your ticket, responding to your inquiry within our 24hr window, then providing several responses over the following 6 hours.

I will ask if you disabled the driver security when you installed the drivers the first time? If not, run the driver installation again, disable the security, then install them once more immediately.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, having the same problem with the DJM 250MK2, running Rekordbox performance mode with channel 1 and 2 set to relative (dvs licence actived) on Windows 10 with 2 Rekordbox control vynils running on 2 Audio Technica ATLP 120 USB connected to the mixer through phono channels 1 and 2 and selected phono inputs on the mixer. I can see on the LEDs the control signal being received by the mixer (and i actually hear the signal on the my speakers) but no signal is showing on my calibration page in Rkdbx (only a small dot in the center of the calibration grid, no frequencies at all).

Just updated drivers and firmwares again as per the latest ones present on the pioneer website for the DJM 250 MK2 today, December 7th 2018 just to make sure.

Chabana 0 votes

Have you tried opening the DJM-250MK2 Settings Utility and toggling the input selector from TIMECODE (PHONO) to another option, and back?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm having this exact same issue. Have tried restarting, reinstalling, everything, and cannot seem to get the DVS to work. Mixer works great otherwise, and I get the sine tone when I switch to the line in, but nothing in Rekordbox.

Have tried swapping between Phono / Line / USB and nothing.

Please advise.

Nels Tate 0 votes

I solved it by switching source to USB, the green rings popped right up. It is counter intuitive to not be on phono, that's why it is so puzzling

Chabana 0 votes

It's not PHONO because that would be the input source to the channel; you want the audio coming from the USB source. The routing of the phono input would then go to the software, and the software output to the mixer.

Pulse 0 votes

Yes, have the slider on the USB selection. Previously in the comments, they suggested switching between USB and the phono input to reset the mixer? Either way, I definitely cannot get the DVS control again after updating to the latest version (worked fine before).

Nels Tate 0 votes