Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

rekordbox more touch screen friendly

Hi.

I know this has been requested already multiple times but having more and more touch screen capable devices it could be the time to have a more userfriendly UI for touch screens.

Especially the scrollbar is a nightmare for this and that you are not able to simply scroll through the library....

I am owning an iPad and a Surface Pro. And aside of the iPad app for rekordbox I am currently playing around with some screen replication to a portable device, which would have some fun if not having the challenge to navigate in rekordbox easily...

Frank Richter Answered

Official comment

I understand that it's not touch-friendly, but the idea of rekordbox is that it's a display; the control and navigation is primarily intended to take place with a hardware device - in your case, a linked CDJ. This difficulty is compounded when using a high-DPI display. Try lowering the resolution a bit and see if that makes things a bit more user-friendly.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

4 comments

Hi Pulse.

Thanks for replying. Actually the screen resolution is not critical to this. Even in a smaller resolution the scrollbar at the bottom and to the right is that thin, that you cannot really move it with your finger. It is more likely you will highlight a track instead of scrolling.

With the iPad this is anyway just a gimmick as the screen is just replicated from another computer but for my Surface I can run rekordbox natively and got all my music on. Using this without a keybord and mouse in a dark environment would be very interesting for me.

Biggest pain right now for me is scrolling through the library.

I can imagine there will be more demand for this in the future and it could be a necessary evolution of the software.

Frank Richter 0 votes

Wondering if there is an update on this??? 

Now we are in 2019 and touch screen PC's are pretty much the future this should surely be on the roadmap??

I have been Apple for 15 years and I have just bought a surface pro, mainly for a change and I know think it would actually be the perfect DJ computer; it fits in a digi case, can pop up behind a mixer easily and is a touch screen.

The only features I would really need to see to start using it weekly are browser scroll via touch, track drag and drop via touch or a quick load button/system (swipe left or right maybe) and for the keyboard to pop up when I click in the search bar whilst in full-screen mode.

The rest a CDJ or controller can do

Martyn Hand 0 votes

Any status on getting Rekordbox being touch friendly with browsing your collection?

I understand you say it's meant as a display but you have products that are not just displays and that are touch friendly. why shouldn't your flagship TJ software be touch friendly especially when trying to browse up and down. Using a hardware knob is slower. So I do wish you would integrate more multi gesture touch especially for browsing.

Which is just a simple up and down touch gesture to scroll the main collection library or anything with a scroll bar for that matter.

Thank you!

DJ Zullo 0 votes