Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

DDJ-RB FX 1 and 2 buttons and their software integration

Hi,

I am using Rekordbox (newest version available at the time of making this post) with the DDJ-RB and I am satisfied about buying this one as my first DDJ-Controller.

Despite the DDJ-RB being a well thought out controller, I am encountering an issue with Rekordbox.

When selecting an FX via the controller (BEAT FX select (shift+FX on/off)) on either FX 1 or FX 2 the FX itself works fine, but there is no way of actually knowing what FX is currently selected, besides to actually turn up the Level/Depth knop, which is unpleasant.

I am looking for a button in Rekordbox that says the name of the FX which is currently in use (FX 1 and FX 2). I already tried using the Rekordbox FX menu (CFX). When changing the single knop, it does not change FX 1 or FX 2 but does change the FILTER (LPF/HPF) knop, which itself is a nice feature to have. When looking into the triple knop settings it basically does the same, but you can set the FX of each deck's FILTER knop induvial.

To wrap up this post as well as

TL; DR

Is there a way of showing the FX 1 and FX 2 selected FX in Rekordbox?

Cheers.

Weigl Answered

Official comment

@Nicholas > I've answered you in your topic.

And yes, it always selects the first FX in a triple-FX setup because only the first effect can be engaged via the DDJ-RB.

@Weigl > You've somehow changed this setting in your preferences:

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Well I don't know if I understood your problem right, but if you have activated the FX-Menu-Button (red circle) the currently selected FX is shown directly in the button itself (green circles). Did that answer your question?

Nicolas Lindholm 0 votes

Yes and No ;)

I was not sure if I expressed my difficulties right, but you got it. The problem is that when I am pressing the FX-Menu-Button, which you circled red, it does not open the same menu as yours.

It opens this:

Where I can, as I stated in my original post, only change the FILTER (LPF/HPF) (of deck 1 and 2) knop (blue on last screenshot). When pressing "USER" I am able to assign a different FX than the normal High and Low Pass.

When switching from single knop settings to triple knop settings this shows:

Where I can, again as I stated in my orignal post, only change the FILTER (LPF/HPF) (of deck 1 and 2) knop. This time I can select FXs for deck 1's FILTER (LPF/HPF) knop and another one for deck 2's FILTER (LPF/HPF) knop.

For further clarity I want to see what FX is selected on these two FXs (red)FILTER (LPF/HPF) knop (blue)

In hindsight I should have just used the last picture to show my problem.

Cheers.

Weigl 0 votes

Well ok now I've got it.

I'm using my RRB for over a year now and I never discovered a possibility to change the function of the FX-buttons on your controller (which should always direct the FX-selection for FX1/FX2 or, in case of the triple FX-menu, the first parameter there.)

So due to my issues that I explored yesterday after installing the new rekordbox version AND in order to that the lastest RRB-driver, i would assume that your problem is, as mine, a driver bug in the latest RRB-driver. Also look at my post:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360022400172-RRB-Driver-Issue-Rekordbox-5-4

I guess we both have to wait till they're going to fix it. :(

Nicolas Lindholm 0 votes