Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Anyone Successfully Using the RB-DMX1 for gigs?!?!?!?!

Is anyone routinely using the RB-DMX1 without any issues?!?!?!? I find that I cannot use this confidently at gigs because some scenes do nothing and the lights stay dark! POOR INVESTMENT ON MY PART!

djsvazquez

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Which lighting fixture types (and how many of each) are you using with your lighting setup?

There are some macros which don't feature any function for moving heads, but just pars or bars. So if you're using only moving heads, you'll have a scene without light.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I have multiple venues setup.... My main venue has approx. 16 fixtures in each. I have another venue that has 6 fixtures addressed identically as the main venue. Some of the Intro scenes do nothing, however, if i select another scene as the intro, it works. The fixtures will respond accordingly with some scenes. It seems that for some particular scenes, there is nothing happening (all off).

djsvazquez 0 votes

@Pulse -> So it turns out that this circles back to my issue with the Colorstrip from April 2018. All the intro lighting activity was set to the "Bar Light 1" mapping and since the light does nothing, my intro is dark! I still get nothing from my Colorstrip and I know you are using them for NAMM on Wednesday, just don't understand why it would even need explanation to begin with. It should be pretty straight forward. 

djsvazquez 0 votes

I'm not sure why you're posting again - I said I'd give you an update Wednesday.

Pulse 0 votes

Because this post was about my scenes doing nothing during the Intro's and how I have been experiencing multiple scenes that did nothing. You made recommendations and I just verified them. This post was not supposed to be tied into my previous post ( https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360004373686-RB-DMX1-Fixture-Frustrations?page=2#community_comment_360003954151 ) but it turns out it's all because of the same issue. That's why.

djsvazquez 0 votes