Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Re-analyzing All Tracks

Is there a means to re-analyze all the tracks currently in your RB collection?

I've recently experienced multiple issues DJing on CDJs with a new USB drive.  In doing some research, I've read a few things about issues with APE vs ID3 tags.  I've also read that simply re-analyzing all your tracks can possibly resolve some issues.  

How does one identify which MP3s in their collection have APE tags? I've downloaded this: www.mp3tag.de, as suggested in an older article, but have no idea how to use it.

Why is the only article in the knowledge base regarding recommended flash drives from 2016?  Why does Pioneer not issue its own information regarding known functional USB drives and those with known compatibility issues?

Are 3.1 USB drives compatible with Pioneer equipment?  

Ikah Love

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Regarding USB 3.1 issues:

I used to carry mid range small sticks and experienced major problems with NXS2 units. These sticks worked perfectly in any other player but for some reason the latest genration players seems a bit picky. I blame cheap controller circuits.

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360022493732-Is-the-NXS2-units-way-more-picky-with-USB-sticks-

After this post I got a pair of Samsung Fit Plus and experienced no problems whatsoever. But since the price point for Sandisk Extreme Pro sticks have dropped recently I highly recommend investing, they are lightning fast!

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks.  Of note - This has occurred on the NXS2 as well as a different, older model CDJ.

Ikah Love 0 votes

@Ikah > Leave only the APE box checked, and run the tool to remove the APE tags:

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you. However, I still have no concept of how to navigate the Mp3tag application and I'm struggling to find a basic tutorial or online guide.

Ikah Love 0 votes

I believe I have it figured out.  Running the application now on essentially my entire library, following Pulse's example above.  

Ikah Love 0 votes

Of note though, upon adding my entire iTunes library as a directory, I could see after the initial reading of the directory, that there were only a few APE tags in the library, less than ten probably.  More importantly, none of these ten or so tracks with APE tags, were songs that had been imported to my Rekordbox library, or ever on the flash drive in question.

Ikah Love 0 votes