Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox lost settings

Hi all !

Rekordbox has always been fine for me, never encountered any issues, until today: I open Rekordbox as usual, but this time it's the default settings that show up in terms of display, color of waveform, fontsize etc.. and also these 4 default files (HORN, SIREN, SINEWAVE, NOISE) appeared in my collection. The content of collection/playlists etc. is still here as expected.

I've been using the version I have now since it was released, and nothing really changed in my computer, so it's intriguing why this happened. Does anyone know why? and how to fix it ?

Version: 6.4.1

Thanks a lot,

J

Jalal Ramdani Answered

Official comment

My speculation would be that rekordbox didn't close properly and the settings file was damaged, so when it launched again it created a new one from scratch.

You are using an outdated version (we're now at 6.5.0), so there's always a chance there was a glitch in 6.4.1 which has since been corrected.

I'd suggest that you update, re-adjust your settings (or revert to a backup if you have that enabled), and if it happens again, file an inquiry ticket here and our support team can troubleshoot further.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

thanks for the prompt reply.

"Revert to a backup" means a settings backup?

What is the file where those settings I mentionned are saved? is it rekordbox3.settings?

Jalal Ramdani 0 votes

A backup would only be applicable if you're using some kind of system like Time Machine or another backup software.

Yes, it would be the rekordbox3.settings file.

Pulse 0 votes