Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Connecting rekordbox to ICECAST server

I am setting up an internet radio station and need to connect to an ICECAST server. I have always used rekordbox so ideally want to remain doing so. It doesn't look like there is anything built in to do this, can anyone offer some advice on maybe any other bits of software to add on to make it happen?

I have Rocket Broadcaster and can connect to the ICECAST server fine but like I say, there is no way of getting that to talk to Rekordbox from what I can see.

I know this is built into Virtual DJ but only for the Pro option which is about £250 one off cost or around £15 a month. Besides VDJ is crap, i want to use Rekordbox :)

Jason Smith Answered

Official comment

Hey Jason,

My recommendation is to use a Virtual Audio Cable as your input source for Rocket Broadcaster. Set it as your default audio device within Windows, then in rekordbox, turn on your PC Master output, which would send the audio not only through your controller, but also to the VAC, and in turn, directly to Rocket.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Thanks for the reply. I've given that a go and whereas there was previously an Audio device error in broadcaster that has now gone and it was streaming successfully. In the same vein Ii tested it by manually entering an artist and title and that updated my player widget on the site so that's all good however I'm still not getting anything frm Rekordbox. No music and no metadata so obviously it still isn't reading from rekordbox.

My output settings for rekordbox are:

Master Output: DDJ-1000 AS10 :MASTER

Have I missed anything?

Jason Smith 0 votes

What did you set as the input audio device in Rocket Broadcaster?

Pulse 0 votes

It was windows default I think. I have literally decided not to go ahead with the radio 1 hour ago for various reasons so I don't need this now anyway.

When I revisit it, ok give it another go.

Jason Smith 0 votes