Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox crashing on startup when web browsers or audio players open

Im having a lot of stability issues launching rekordbox if I have firefox and / or internet explorer open prior to launching rekordbox. The application launches, flashes past real quick and closes and generally doesn't give me any error just shuts itself down. I will often not want to close the browsers while using them  in the background as ill be using them in conjunction with what im doing. Is rekordbox incompatible with certain browsers (Newest firefox and ie 11 ?), I was able to once see a crash message displaying something that related to IE 11

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Rekordbox.exe

Application Version: 2.2.4.5

Application Timestamp: 531ee8ae

Fault Module Name: iertutil.dll

Fault Module Version: 11.0.9600.17126

Fault Module Timestamp: 53884378

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00002509

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Is anyone else having this frustrating problem ? Generally closing the browsers and any app using the internal sound card seems to fix the issue 90% of the time. Once I have rekordbox open I can launch the browsers again without any issues of it crashing, just getting to stay started is the problem

J M

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

7 comentarios

I started with that thread before posting but to cover what I didn't post

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: No, it's too long OR Yes, I swear it! - Yes

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6 10.5 10.4 Windows 7 Vista XP Other - Windows 7 x64

2) OS Type: 64bit 32bit - 64 bit

3) Rekordbox version: - 2.2.4

4) Using LINK: No Yes - Trying to if software starts, when it does start and stay running yes

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: DJM2000 or make/model of network hardware - DJM2000 Nexus, however I leave it unplugged while starting rekordbox

4b) Using with CDJs*: No Yes (if yes, list them) Yes, CDJ 2000 Nexus

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
: FAT16 FAT32 NTFS HFS+ - Assuming this means laptop, ntfs, not using external storage

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No Yes Unsure - No but I do have multiple hard drives in my laptop

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: No Yes Unsure - No flash drives connected

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: OSX Windows HP USB Formatting Utility Other - Windows

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: No Yes - Yes no errors

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No Yes - Yes no errors

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
: No Yes - Yes only on startup, If I manage to get it to start and stay open its fine

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: an error message OR a crash log OR both (DO NOT POST YOUR CRASH LOG UNLESS REQUESTED!) - Generally no crash messages except for the one I once saw above

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: No Yes - See above

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: No Yes - Yes every time I start it with a IE 11 / firefox open

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: No Yes - Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
:

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*: - Mentioned main points above, seems to be related to web browsers being open, possibly if ive recently used you tube or something flash based seems to cause it more than if I were browsing sites without flash content.

J M 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Give the instructions here a try: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/iertutil-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Try the fixes in the following order:

2 - use CCleaner, then MalwareBytes, then ADWCleaner, then HitManPro (all tools available free and clean at FileHippo.com or BleepingComputer.com)

11 - use the registry checker within CCleaner

4 - if not successful with this, try reinstalling the file from instructions here: http://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-windows-xp-iertutil-dll-errors/

Pulse 0 votos

Thanks for quick response, ran the cleaner programs as described but they found nothing suspect apart from the usual tracking cookies and the iertuil articles didn't apply is im running ie 11 on win 7 x64 and one was to do with xp and the other wasn't relelvant as I have the iertuil.dll and it is the current version that was patched with a recent windows update in the last two weeks (I compared with a known clean machine). I would guess it was coincidence seeing the iertutil.dll the once as I can reproduce rekordbox closing nearly every time it open, but not getting that message, plus the dll is excluse to internet explorer, yet firefox also causes the issue. My temporary workaround is having rekordbox always open on my laptop and having it minimised which isn't ideal but seems to work

J M 0 votos

Most likely you are using Asio4all. If i'm right, this is the cause!

1 - this audio driver cannot be used by more than one application at the same time!

2 - unlike the pc's default audio drivers, asio4all cannot be used in parallel with other audio drivers (while other audio drivers are running)!

In a normal situation, if rekordbox is launched while the pc's default audio driver is used by other application, rekordbox should switch to the default audio driver. Apparently there is a bug and the program is crashing.

If you want to use rekordbox in parallel with other audio program, you have to switch to the default audio driver!

Hope this helps!

Suggestion for Pioneer: some DAWs have a feature called "release audio driver when application is in background". Maybe this can be implemented in the next rekordbox.

:)

Marian Eugen 0 votos

Or, y'know, just don't open the browser while DJing... lol

Pulse 0 votos

They are generally open before ive opened rekordbox but its a fair point except I would prefer seeing some form of error message everytime as opposed to just seeing rekordbox flash open and close which made it very frustrating to pinpoint (To be honest I initially thought it was a licensing issue). One feature I miss with rekordbox having used virtual dj for a number of years was the live feedback suggestions for tracks. Having a large library and if im going random as opposed to planning ahead it comes in handy with suggestions for similar tracks

J M 0 votos