Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Trouble with Rekordbox Link

I have read all threads regarding linking RB. Still won't link.

Firewall is disabled, Network sharing is Disabled (p.c)

I have tried using a router, and link symbol flickers very fast on RB. 

So now I have 1 network cable from player 1 to laptop. RB Can see Player, but track won't load.

Please help.

p.s everything is latest firmware

Greg Carr

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

11 commenti

The above problem is when using windows laptop,

I have just installed RB on My Macbook, and everything Seems to be working fine.

Any ideas why it wont work on my p.c?

Greg Carr 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

When you try loading a track on your playing while Linked to your PC, did an error appear on the CDJ display screen?

When Linking multiple CDJ's to a computer running Rekordbox, you should do all of the following:

- Disable wireless and any internet connection on computer

- Disable firewall on computer

- Use an Ethernet Switch that has no built in management software (hubs and routers have their own firewalls and software and can cause issues)

- Use DHCP

- Try different Ethernet cables if you have problems with your current cables

Hopefully one of those were the issue, but let me know if you're still having troubles. 

Foster 0 voti

How do you connect to the Internet? Asking because I recently purchased a CDJ-2000 and had a hard time getting the Link mode to work with my Windows 7 laptop. The problem I had was that my 3G network dongle prevented the player from connecting, all I got was just the Link button flickering in RB until I finally pulled the usb dongle from the laptop, then the player connected right away. And after connecting the player I can put the stick back on and internet works great. Just my 2cents if anyone happens to have the same problem ;)

Oskari 0 voti

I run mine the same way. But it does not matter witch way I do it it's always fine. I've never had a problem with the link dropping out while on my 3G internet. Touch wood ;)

Morgo 0 voti

Internet was off on windows laptop, I can get the RB to link, but the players do not load.

But i Now Just use my Mac and everything works perfect.

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry for late reply i've been busy.

Greg Carr 0 voti

@Greg > So is the problem solved or are you just not using the PC any more?

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse problem solved on mac.
Can not get it to link via p.c.
Both players visable, but will not load. When I try to load a track, the cdj's flash.
I Only use mac when djing, so its ok that the p.c don't work.

Greg Carr 0 voti

@Greg > if you try connecting the PC directly to one of the players (ie no switch / router) does it make any difference? Any anti-virus or firewalls enabled? Wifi enabled?

Gavin 0 voti

I have tried p.c direct to 1 cdj. Still wont load track. No firewall no internet, av is disabled.

Greg Carr 0 voti