Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

rekordbox crashes during playback

I was using Rekordbox 1.5.2 on my MacBookPro using 10.6.8 at a gig last week, when the program crashed halfway through a track. Luckily, I had a USB backup and there was enough of the previous song buffered in the CDJ2000 to mix in another song from the USB and keep going until I was able to restart the computer and get back up and running. Has this ever happened to anyone, and is there an explanation? My wireless was off, and I do not have my firewall turned on. The laptop was connected by ethernet to a network hub, the mixer was a DJM-800. I have since upgraded to Rekordbox 1.5.3, hoping this doesn't happen again! Any insight would be appreciated!

David Stone

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

I have seen this 6-7 times with older recordbox version. I play on Mac Pro to a switch and 2 x CDJ2000 and a old DJM-700. I upgraded to 1.5.3 and did a gig last night without problem - before I saw a crash every weekend. Lucky for me I always have 8-10 CD's with me for back up. 

Hope 1.5.3 helps for this problem otherwise the next thing will be switching to Tractor

Niels Mølgaard 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Niels > If you're having a problem, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help you.

Pulse 0 voti

My gig on Friday night went smoothly with Rekordbox 1.5.3 - had to pull my laptop out at the last minute though! I decided to use USB instead at the gig, as there wasn't a lot of room in the booth, and I was only playing for 90 minutes. I opted to add a couple of tracks at the last minute, so when I plugged it into my Mac and fired up Rekordbox, the program told me the library on the stick was corrupted and unreadable! This was a Kingston 8G stick, not even 3 months old! I was nervous when I plugged the mac into the prolink network and started up, but it seemed to be very stable throughout, and I killed the place! Here's hoping it holds up!

David Stone 0 voti

@David > Be sure to always properly eject the stick from the computer and use the STOP button when removing it from the players and you should be able to avoid any corruption issues.

Pulse 0 voti

I have been pretty careful about that, if I erase the stick and start a new library on there, the stick should still work?

David Stone 0 voti

@David > I would suspect that it should, but if you're planning on erasing it, I'd give it a double-format while you're at it.

Pulse 0 voti