Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Rekordbox crashing

I'm new to Rekordbox and have installed 1.5.3.  I added a couple of songs and was able to play them using the software interface, no problem.

Then, I connected/imported my iTunes library with 2300+ songs. I believe the import was successful, however now whenever I try play a song or export tracks to a us drive, the software crashes.

I've tried uninstall / reinstall, but the new installation still has the iTunes library there and no change in behavior.

The software is completey unusable right now. I want to use it to export to USB drive to use with CDJ-2000

Any suggestions? 

Damon Williams

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

8 commenti

@Damon > Welcome.  I'd suggest reading over the rekordbox Read-Me thread and see if anything there helps. If not, post the questions with answers as requested at the bottom of the thread.  Thanks!

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.8

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.3

4) Using LINK: not sure

4a) LINK Connection method

4b) Using with CDJs: CDJ-2000 x2

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: Flash drive

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: Unsure

5c) With what utility did you format the device: N/A - not having an issue with the drive

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: neither - it just hangs

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

See my original post. Is it possible to delete my entire Recordbox collection and "start over"?

Damon Williams 0 voti

yes,

Delete the database and open rekordbox and it will creare a new one,

you will find the database @ OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox/datafile.edb

Nick Hilton 0 voti

@Damon > The 5th troubleshooting point of the thread I linked gives you instructions on doing just that.  I'll take it that the "Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!" answer really means "I just read it, I didn't try any of the suggestions though." ;)

Please give that a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Pulse 0 voti

It wasn't crashing on startup as your 5th tip said. It started up just fine. So since the title of that tip didn't fit for me, I didn't read through the rest.

The process worked and I'm now able to use Recordbox. Thanks Pionix for the answer.

Damon Williams 0 voti

@Damon > Sorry, sometimes the wording can be misleading when the solution is a "cover all". I'll update that text - thanks.  Glad to hear you got it working tho!

Pulse 0 voti

I am new to Rekordbox, I just purchased a XDJ-R1 and I have well over 90,000 songs.  When I try to import them, whether it is one or a complete folder, it crashes.  I have tried on two separate computers WIN7 and Win Vista, same issue, runs for a bit then crashes.  I have gone through the fixes of deleting the old files and starting again, same issue.  Seems like it could be a great asset, but is completely useless right now.  ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Charlie Halley 0 voti

@Charlie > ...

1) Start your own thread, answering the questions as asked in the linked thread above.

2) Try importing fewer than 90,000 songs. The R1 has a limit of 10,000 songs. From the FAQs:

Q: What is the maximum number of files and folders that can be used on USB memory devices?

A: When transferred to the USB memory device using rekordbox, up to 10,000 files can be used.

Pulse 0 voti