Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

Pro DJ link not working with Rekordbox 3.0

Hi All

Having just got my PC set up with a new (non-Realtek) ethernet port so that I can use the Pro DJ Link function (with 2 x CDJ900 & DJM2000) without getting consistent 8309 errors, I have just upgraded to RB 3.0.

Now the Pro DJ Link function refuses to work.  I have no error codes to report, RB can see my set up (CDJ and DJM icons appear at the bottom of the screen) and when I press the Link button on the CDJs, they can see Rekordbox.  However when I click on the Rekordbox link with the rotary knob, I get the 'WAIT' hourglass symbol for about 20 seconds, then a blank screen.  I can't see any tracks on the CDJs.

I've tried switching back to the onboard ethernet socket, but no joy.

For the time being I am still using 2.2.4 for the Pro DJ Link, which works perfectly.  The new RB 3.0 update looks super-sexy, but is currently useless to me.

HELP!!

Mirage77

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

Face palm!

Couldn't fathom why 2.2.4 was working, but 3.0 wasn't...  Disabled windows firewall on public networks - problem solved.

Thanks for the response Pulse    : )

Mirage77 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@mirage77: I would advise you to learn a little more about windows firewall or let someone help you out with it. Seeing you have 'public networks' as one of the options you have either Windows Vista. 7 or 8 installed. It handles firewalling very well and it is an important protection layer to make sure people are not using your PC from the other end. Just turning it off is a solution that has a great risk of creating problems.

If you are on your own network, you should change public networks in your network and sharing centre. Click on the blue name and change it into 'Work' network (not home network because that opens up sharing functions you don't need). If you now reopen Rekordbox, the firewall application will ask you to confirm three exceptions. That way it will work without you losing security on your PC.

If it doesn't do that you can uninstall and reinstall Recordbox and then it will surely ask for the exceptions.

The 'public network' firewall scheme is meant to keep you safe mostly on wifi networks in public places. Turning that off on a laptop makes your laptop a great target in public places. The annoying thing about that scheme is that it turns off many networking functionality just to keep you safe. Using it makes you having to have quite some knowledge to adjust it manually.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-change-a-network-type-in-windows-7.html

Don't worry trying this. You can always turn everything off but normally it works perfectly with your firewall turned on.

ShonkaiDJ 0 voti

@SKDJ

Whilst I'm not a certified network engineer, I fully understand the concept of firewalls and how the different network types affect security levels.

The PC in question is a self-built desktop (running Windows 7 Pro x64) that runs most of my DAW.  It will never leave my studio, so disabling the firewall on public networks is never likely to be an issue.

Whilst recommending that I check out a 'dummies' website could be viewed as patronising, I appreciate the advice.

Mirage77 0 voti

@Mirage > Thanks for reporting back that it was the firewall!

Pulse 0 voti