Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 follower Segui

[SOLVED] SDXC Higher Capacity SD card Support.

Hello All,

Can any one tell me if the Sandisk 64GB sd cards are compatible with the CDJ 2000 ? this model specifically - 

SanDisk Extreme® Pro™ SDHC™/SDXC™ UHS-I Memory Cards

I  want to make sure there are no know issue before purchase. Trying to put my bread and butter sounds on higher capacity sd cards so I don't have to be swapping cards during performances. Please provide me feedback. I appreciate your support and guidance. Almasol.

DJ ALMASOL

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

45 commenti

From what I remember, the SD slot is not SDXC compatible - it is only SDHC so the card limit is 32GB.

RyanTV 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Does the CDJ 2000 Nexus support SDHX or is is still SDHC only?

Steve M 0 voti

hmm.. yeah I read it too. I guess Pioneer says SDHC is only officially supported but I guess if you re-format the cards in a fileformat like fat32 the CDJ-2000s will be able to read and use it.

I am very curious if this 'trick' would work with higher capacity cards like 128GB

Benno Revelli 0 voti

I was told if you have a USB SDHC/SDXC compatible SD card reader and you format the larger capacity SDXC card to fat32 the CDJ 2000 can  ( READ/write  ) to the  card via  the USB input .

I have yet to confirm this through my own testing but want to buy a SDXC 64 gig card and try it on my card reader worst case scenario I can use the SDXC card on my camera.  Has anyone verified this ? 

DJ ALMASOL 0 voti

This is interesting news, would be interesting to see if anyone has tried it!

DJccccc 0 voti

I just bought the SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64 GB stick and it works great! Just be careful with the formating. I deleted all of the junk that came on the stick and it formated to exFAT32. This will not work with RB. I download the HP format tool and switched the USB stick back to FAT32. Everything is working fine again.

tom.cowart77 0 voti

We are taling and posting about SD cards not USB pen drives.

The idea is to stabilly get 128gb SDXC to work in a CDJ 2000 - FAT 32 formatted.

By the sounds of it, it could be possible.

DJccccc 0 voti

I'm the chap using two 64gig SDXC Extreme cards formatted to Fat 32 with my 2000s. I used EaseUS Partitian 9.1.1 to do this, no worries. Ive done 7 and 8 hr non-stop sets using them with no glitches.

On Friday I get a 128gig SDXC card delivered in time for Saturdays set. I'll post if I get any problems after the weekend.

Martin Pod 0 voti

Ditto!!!!!!! lol :)

Good luck @Martin Pod

May the SD force be with you.

DJccccc 0 voti

@Martin Pod any luck with the 128 SDXC? could you also post what make and model your two 64gig SDXC Extreme cards are m8? I'm looking to buy one ASAP.

Zeus Tunage 0 voti

128gig SDXC Extreme card is working fine. It's got about 60 gig loaded onto it so far and I've mixed for about 4 hrs in total with no problems. I formatted it to fat32 using the EaseUS partition program again.

Martin Pod 0 voti

@Martin Pod, great news! what make did you buy, could you provide a link bro?

Zeus Tunage 0 voti

Ditto ,,,, :) lol :) Excellent news :) 

could you provide a link 

DJccccc 0 voti

Or a screen shot of the 2000 or 2000nexus playing with the SD card - be awesome :)

DJccccc 0 voti

SanDisk 128GB Extreme HD Video SDHC Card ... is this the card? or

SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-128G-X46

DJccccc 0 voti

im thinking im gonna go for this one:

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/extremepro-uhs-1-95mbs/?capacity=64GB

the 128GB card isnt extreme pro (extreme pro is 90mb compared to 45mb) 

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/extreme-uhs-1-45mbs/?capacity=128GB

check sandisks website

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/

can anyone confirm this exact card works: 

SanDisk Extreme Pro® SDXC™ UHS-I Memory Card (64GB)

Zeus Tunage 0 voti

Zeus ... Ditto :) Thanks for your help ... Id like the same answer.

DJccccc 0 voti

If you're buying from Amazon, the cheapest supplier is incorrectly labelling their 128gig San Disc Extreme SDXC cards as SDHC. Hope this clears up the confusion. It was pointed out on the buyer feedback comments. The photo doesn't lie!

Martin Pod 0 voti

Btw I've got the 45mbs cards (16, 64 and 128) and find them a good trade off between price and speed. Not impressed with the memory sticks I've bought mind. My advice is stick with SDXC/HCs.

Martin Pod 0 voti

Zeus...yes I've got 2 x 64gig Extreme 45mbs cards, and I've filled them up to the max and played for days, no worries. Also wiped them and reloaded them many times.

Martin Pod 0 voti

Well I can second this test.

I so far have tested a "SAN DISK 128GB" SDXC - CLASS 10 

Extreme model

45mb/c

FAT 32 - WITH EaseUS Partition Master 9.1.1 

SD 128GB 

DJccccc 0 voti