Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

e-8302: player error (c194) cdj 2000's problem

hi i am using x2 cdj 2000's a djm nexus 900 and toshiba dual core 2ghz laptop 4 gb ram nothing else running also with a netgear 10/100/1000m switch with pro dj link to recordbox, the problem is that the cdjs seem to freeze then couple of seconds unfreeze and then this error just appeared really bugging me this now whats going on, have also tried just linking the x2 cdj2000's together via ethernet cables the player with the usb in works fine but the player with the link on recognises the usb and the tracks but acts really slowley and will not let me play the tracks??????????

recorbox - 1.5.2

cdj2000 - 4.10

gareth whyte

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

33 commenti

@Gareth > Have you modified you anti-virus / firewall settings to allow Pioneer traffic? It seems like this is your issue, given that everything else works correctly, when the switch and laptop are taken out of the equation.

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I think with the antivirus and such you have to make sure PSvNFSd and PSvLinkSysMgr are allowed,  Al lot of people do not know that those are linked to RB and have to be allowed to run or the link will fail

BriChi 0 voti

Gavin- like i said i took the laptop and the switch out of the equation and just linked the 2 cdj 2000's together via Ethernet and the cdj with the usb acts fine but the linked one won't load the tracks it acts really slowly play / pause doesn't flash

gareth whyte 0 voti

If you've got them connected directly and you're having problems try these two things:

First, change the LINK cable (any CAT5/CAT5e/CAT6 ethernet cable will do) - see if that helps.

If you still have problems, try changing USB devices.

Pulse 0 voti

Cheers pulse will give that a go and let you know on both the linked via switch and rb also the linked cdjs on there own l

gareth whyte 0 voti

right Ive taken recordbox and the laptop out of the equation and just linked both cdjs together via cat5e through a netgear 10/100/1000m switch, the host cdj works fine but the linked cdj reacts very slowly in scrolling through the tunes also when a tune is selected on the host the scroll wheel flashes but not able to play ie play/pause and cue does not flash.

now I have tried using different cat 5 cables with no change, I have used different usb's with noo change and am stuck what else to try?

also just got a new error see below on the linked cdj host always plays fine

e-8302:player error (b611)

gareth whyte 0 voti

@gareth > What is the source USB device?  It sounds like it could be a really poor performance drive causing read delays.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi pulse, its a usb stick worked all ok since i did the firmware upgrade, I've tried 2 different usb sticks newly formated with the same results, and as said in first post get problems using recordbox even with all anti virus and firewalls turned off,

gareth whyte 0 voti

any ideas what I can try pulse or gavin? Ive even got a new network switch as thought it may be that with exactly the same results,  I have tried uninstalling recordbox and re-installing again the cdjs freeze,

I have re-formated the usb 2gb flash drive twice then loaded approx 100 mp3 tracks on it that worked previously and after a while still get problems with the linked cdj, this is whithout a laptop and recordbox connected.

with recordbox laptop connected works for few tunes then freezes, Im lost at what else to try?

gareth whyte 0 voti

2 things...

1) What is the make/model of the USB device?  Have you tried a high-performance device or an SD card?

2) Check that the pins on the player(s) are not bent; if there's a problem with the connection (and you've already tried swapping the cables), the problem could be the ports have a bent pin.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi pulse right seem to got things working on the usb side of things working by formatting the usb a couple ogre times now i have the 2 cdjs linked via nether switch and seems to be ok now
Still getting freezing when linking laptop in with rexordbox; is this a known issue as reading forums seem to be lot of people with freezing issues with rexordbox linked

gareth whyte 0 voti

A few people, not a lot.  The majority of those problems stem from loss of communication between the players and software and that can be in a few places:

• bad cables

• firewalls or other software blocking traffic

• traffic shaping or signal management on a router (instead of using a network switch)

• hard drive going to sleep

etc.

In your case, I'd say you should try swapping the link cables and see if that helps.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi pulse I've bought new cables with no change, like i said the cdjs work fine when linked with the switch playing over usb, but as soon as link the laptop pro link freeze's when drag and drop a track to the decks, firewalls and anti-virus off and also new network switch bought lost what else to do?

gareth whyte 0 voti

Hi pulse or gavin have you got any other suggestions for me to try?

gareth whyte 0 voti

The engineers were unable to reproduce it and we may have you gather some diagnostic info; I'll update you in the coming days via email.

Pulse 0 voti

hi pulse have you got a update on the situation as still cant use rekordbox to drag and drop a track onto the cdj's without it freezing?

gareth whyte 0 voti

Hi There - having the same problem.  Really seems to have started following the firmware update.

Using laptop/usb via netgear ethernet switch.

Thought one of the decks was buggered so at least happier to know other people having exactly the same problem.

Would the firmware have caused the prob as was working fine previously?

Simon O'Hagan 0 voti

@Simon > There's always the possibility although unlikely.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse and Gavin,

the results and experience from Gareth are nearly the same on my equipment.

It feels like this has something to do with handling the network traffic by a switch or writing the song data into the cdj RAM.

When I load via ethernet a mp3 file on the cdj everything is fine when I just push start to play. When I try to go fast forward through the song it hangs. Sometimes it ends up with an error message (as already mentioned above) sometimes the song comes back to life after maybe half a minute. When the song was back in regular play mode, I've paused it because I had to do some other things. On my return, maybe one hour later, it wasn't a problem to scroll through the song forward and backwards.

Can you tell me what should be the values in the network traffic monitor when transfering via 100 MBit and 1000 MBit. 

I really appreciate  to get this problem fixed and I'm willing to go deep dive if you want to know  some details on my setup.

Best Regards

Carsten

Carsten 0 voti

pulse im still waiting for resolution as well if there is something that can be done?

gareth whyte 0 voti

pulse or gavin, tried using a different laptop with rekordbox on and works ok no problems with rekordbox or the cdjs with different laptop,

have you got any ideas what I can check on my laptop to get pro dj link to work correctly on my laptop, still when drag and drop a track from rekordbox ont a deck all Im getting is the control knob flashing on the cdj2000 for ages and no other activity so cant play the track then eventualy get the above error.

when tried a different laptop with the same tracks imported onto rekordbox works fine im lost, I know must be my laptop but dont know what else to try I have updated to latest version of rekordbox with no joy?

gareth whyte 0 voti

@Simon > Are you still having the same problem with 1.5.3?

Pulse 0 voti

I now have the same problem since updating to v 1.5.3....light flashes but the track never shows, only way is to stop/start link and it works again :(

Players may work for a couple of hours then BANG you're in trouble !

Gary Mac 0 voti

But...

If I drop the old laptop in ( lower spec ) with the same database it's fine!!

Gary Mac 0 voti

@Gary > What are the OS's on the new and old computers you're running?

Pulse 0 voti

Windows 7 home premium on new and vista on old working laptop.

Gary Mac 0 voti

@Gary > Have you configured the firewall in W7 to allow the connections through?  A good way to test this is to disable your firewall completely; if it allows the connection sans-issue, then you simply need to add the four connections to the safe-list.   See the 6th item on the rekordbox Read-Me post.

Pulse 0 voti