Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

11 follower Segui

new cdj2000 FW feature question

so does this mean the cdj2000 on its own can also do

-- WAVEFORM ZOOM

-- KEY indicators

-- ACTIVE LOOP

-- HOT CUE AUTO LOAD

-- MY SETTINGS SAVE/LOAD

???

BriChi

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

44 commenti

No, it means that the Nexus features is available when a USB or SD card is inserted to a CDJ-2000MK1 and the Nexus and MK1 is connected via LAN.

The restricted features of CDJ-2000nexus are now available when a USB device or other media is connected only to CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 _

_while CDJ-2000nexus is connected to CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 via LAN cable.

oakstream 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

so the nexus' own features couldnt be used on the nexus if a cdj2000mk1 was in the link? its a little confusing, I dont get what the point is, it adds not functionality to the 2000mk1 then, unless it is adding the nexus features to the 2000mk1 which then means the answer to my question would be yes

ill have to try when I get home, my buddy is coming over with his mk1's so I can update them for him and play, 

BriChi 0 voti

So the nexus' own features couldnt be used on the nexus if a cdj2000mk1 was in the link?

Not if the tracks was on SD/USB inserted into a MK1, but the MK1's and the Nexus with its features worked fine together via Pro DJ Link and rekordbox on my MBP. 

oakstream 0 voti

so if you do not have CDJ 2000 NEXUS, it is not worth to update the CDJ 2000

michel franck 0 voti

so if you do not have CDJ 2000 NEXUS, it is not worth to update the CDJ 2000 ???

michel franck 0 voti

in my opinion is a useless update. i will stik with the older version which i have no problems. in most of the cases the biggest enemy of the good is verry good. 

oreste 0 voti

Updated, and yea, no benefits, but at least my players still work.

Mark90 0 voti

Mark could you try out the speed of the hot cue load with the new firmware ?

Anastasio 0 voti

speed is definitely faster, now i want to compare that to the nexus

BriChi 0 voti

The nexus got true autoload, you dont need to click anything.. So they will be faster anyway.

Anastasio 0 voti

the autoload on the nexus is not fast at all, it loads the same as if you were to just press  CALL, ABC, as a matter of fact (and I am still testing), it almost seems like i can load hot starts faster on the 2000 then I can on the Nexus  

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi > Yeah, I've that raised - I noticed some lags myself in earlier testing.

Also, if you load and track then press [MENU] it says LOAD PRIVIOUS TRACK. <sigh>

Gavin 0 voti

Also, if you load and track then press [MENU] it says LOAD PRIVIOUS TRACK. <sigh>

whats that in reference to Gavin? I didnt see anyone mention anything about this in this thread, But since you brought it up, on the Nexus, if you use this feature the hot starts dont auto load, yet another Nexus bug  :)

BriChi 0 voti

... the lag in the loading of hot cues / loops.

Yup, got that one pinned down too. Thanks.

Gavin 0 voti

This is my first post here after reading a ton of comments.
Summary of what I've seen here on the forums: Most DJs wanted and still want fixes for issues with their CDJ 2000s NOT updates that magically turn the old 2000s into the new NEXUS joints under the hood. Although that point was represented by some. I think the vast majority of DJs on these forums understand why that's not possible or practical. But, where I see Pioneer dropping the Public Relations ball is in the wake of all the comments from DJs saying please don't abandon the 2000 owners and all the complaints about the slow release of updates/fixes to the 2000s--THE FIRST CDJ 2000 FIRMWARE UPDATE AFTER THE NEXUS DROP IS ACTUALLY A FIX FOR THE NEXUS THAT FINDS ITSELF IN THE UNLUCKY POSITION OF BEING TETHERED TO A 2000. And quite frankly, the way the firmware update is worded it gives the hasty reader the impression some really cool update to the 2000 is just moments away! Ultimately it comes off as, excuse me cdj 2000 you're hindering the performance of a real music machine. So, Pioneer please tell me how that will help CDJ 2000 owners feel like they haven't been abandoned?

Rob Alahn 0 voti

@Rob > Yes, the points have been made and understood as well as being relayed to the engineering team. Enabling the CDJ2000/900 to communicate with the new player was an important addition for people that were using a mixture of CDJs. So, if I was to work from your example, not fixing this issue would have been the same as saying "_here are the all fancy networkable CDJs. Except the CDJ2000nexus features won't work within the CDJ2000/900 network". _We've already stated, numerous times, that Pioneer has, in no way, dropped support for the CDJ2000.

Gavin 0 voti

Well this is not really an update, now is it, at first i red that 4.20 would have some, not alot but few great features, and now

when you looking closer, its a big FU from Pioneer to us older customers owning CDJ 2k vanillas, im quite sure i never buy 2K NXS, just because of this, next time the mk3, or 3000 or whatever is rolled out, the game will change, and lot of people will be dissed just like now.

My 2ks works just fine, and in no need of an update, but the loop adjustment with the rotary or the zoomfeature would have been nice, and im certain its no biggie to fix it, but then again Pioneer would not sell new gear if you could manage once more with the 2ks. im at a point, wondering if i should skip the whole thing, getting rid of all my older gear and buy the DDJ SX and be done with it. or buy 2 2ks to complete my booth, but no never a NXS, its just not worth the money, not for me anyway, ive been on the Pioneer bandwagon for many many years to know better! . . .  I regret to some point that i got rid of my CDJ 1000 mk3s, that machines were solid as rock, hard to beat even with todays standards!

Martin (SzM) Andersson 0 voti

@Martin > This update was never advertised as anything but an update that would facilitate communication between the first and second generation decks.

Developments will continue to be made for the first generation CDJ2000s.

Gavin 0 voti

I think some people are being quite unreasonable about v4.20.  Ok for the MK1 user, it doesn't offer anything.  But what if you're a MK1 user who just bought one or two Nexus for a 3 or 4 decks setup comprising both MK1's and Nexus?  If you link them in particular configurations then your new Nexus suddenly become heavily feature limited.

At the end of the day, pioneer could release v4.21 which merely slightly changes the colour of the startup logo.  It's still an update, you don't have to apply it and you hardly have any grounds to moan about it.

When car manufacturers bring out newer models with bigger faster engines they don't upgrade all the old ones for free do they?

I don't know why people expect the MK1 to get the newer Nexus features.  Why on earth would a company do that?  So what if the MK1 could technically achieve some of these things, it's Pioneer's decision how things fly and how they plan to sell their new units.

People should stop bleating about firmware updates and their potential limitations and look closer at the more alarming limitations that have been blatently put in place elsewhere.

Believe me, the Nexus are not without their problems either, and in today's climate of continuously developing technology and the 'update culture' most things now subscribe to then you should expect to have issues if you are going to be an early adopter of brand new tech.

Mark90 0 voti

Believe me, the Nexus are not without their problems either, and in today's climate of continuously developing technology and the 'update culture' most things now subscribe to then you should expect to have issues if you are going to be an early adopter of brand new tech.

@Mark90, Yes, I do expect minor issues when buying a brand new deck on day 1 and do expect a fw update or 5 like the MK1 to get them close to 100%, But I DO NOT expect a brand new deck to completely freeze on me 2-3 times a party requiring a reboot on the same tracks that played fine for years on the 1st generation of the same line of decks, This is unacceptable!!!!!!!! especially when we pay this much money for reliability from pioneer, these decks are so far from being reliable and I can easily reproduce the decks flipping out and freezing, At this point they now sit in my garage collecting dust and I have borrowed someones 2000mk1's to get through all my gigs every weekend, Its sad and pathetic and embarrassing that I have to borrow decks from my friends after I was so excited to tell them I got my hands on the Nexus decks, now I am embarrassed to even own them.

The only reason I havent returned them is I do love the added features and I am "HOPING" they resolve these issues quick and it doesnt become a PR nightmare for Pioneer or the quality of the decks and resale value will drastically drop. They already had the decks completely lock up at their own booth at the BPM show when Kissy was performing, and yer, He was f'n pissed too, not sure if you caught that video yet

BriChi 0 voti

Brichi i feel exact the same. I hope they fix this soon and i got a reason more to wait, cause i still have my "old" 2000's, wich i still use till the nexus are fixed.

Anastasio 0 voti

I have to agree with your every point here BriChi.

I'm going to hang on a couple of weeks and hope all the problems can be sorted out via a firmware update. If not, I have decided to send them back to the shop.

Leee 0 voti

and honestly, If I go past my return date (which I may be already) and these issues are not fixed, I wonder if I could go right to Pioneer, even if it had to take legal actions, Being that these decks FAR FROM work as advertised

BriChi 0 voti