Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

16 follower Segui

CDJ2000 Nexus Firmware Release Oct.29, 2012 Announcement

Pulse,

Many thanks for the heads up on the Firmware update.  Would you happen to know if this specific update is going to address the HID Control Issue for Serato Scratch Live?

Thank you!

iWill

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

65 commenti

Well, I hope there's another FW because when I read Pulse's announcement about todays FW release I was surprised when I read about the fixes...

Ver.1.04 (29 Octorber, 2012 Update)

- The key icon indicating the "Traffic Light System" has changed from blue to green signalling which tracks will harmonically mix.

- "Hot Cue/Loop" lengths are displayed until complete before a new "Hot Cue/Loop" is engaged.

- Issue fixed where the BPM may fluctuate during playback using "Sync".

- Issue fixed related to the tempo of a track with "Slip Mode" engaged.

This notice is for all CDJ2000nexus users / owners -- the engineers are aware that many of you are experiencing a variety of problems and appreciate the detailed feedback and comments based on the time you've spent testing these problems. They have been able to address many of them in a firmware update that will be available Monday, October 29th, 2012. Pioneer strives to improve the software and hardware based on your feedback and apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

oakstream 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

The notice/announcement from Pulse is not really similar to the update indeed..

I did some deeper technical research and can say with certainty that they did not change anything to the Firmware file for the last two weeks. 

Jack EDM 0 voti

@soda Great findings, let's hope there's another FW to be released today....

oakstream 0 voti

@oakstream that would be nice but I think there will be no other update =|

Jack EDM 0 voti

Probably not, but it's still monday and we haven't got an announcement from the mods about the new FW yet... Fingers crossed ;)

oakstream 0 voti

well support just emailed me back, they are all so f'n clueless

Me: Did u guys release the wrong FW this morning? Seems people have

already had 1.04 on the 2000s weeks ago

Pioneer: Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

The 1.04 is the version just released. Japan posted it yesterday. It should be up on the US site within a couple days. 

me: well thats not entirely correct, the US got the 1.04 update very early this morning and its full of the same bugs and users are saying they have already had 1.04 on their decks since a week or so ago so how is this considered the brand new fw being its been out for a week on decks and its full of issues?

BriChi 0 voti

lol... Don't speak with them anymore, you just get more upset... I allready did from reading this... Just wait to see what our mods have to say in here.

Anastasio 0 voti

how can we expect straight answers when their own support team doesnt even know shits been released

BriChi 0 voti

lol... Don't speak with them anymore, you just get more upset... I allready did from reading this... Just wait to see what our mods have to say in here.

I know, I don't know what I was thinking emailing support, i should've known better, It's my own fault, lol

BriChi 0 voti

S-type, Pioneer claims you're a liar, lol

support answer: There have not been any other releases of firmware for the unit. I would have to say they are mistaken. 

BriChi 0 voti

My version was 1.02 - was having a blonde moment. However, I've just upgraded to 1.04 and it's a waste of time.

My issue with tracks not loading is still persistent so my CDJs are going back.

Somehow I doubt I'll be the only person returning these units.

Shªun_N 0 voti

oh you're not, Just from people I know, and including mine, 8 are returned and the store says more are returning for the same issues, its not just us

BriChi 0 voti

I'm not sure how I stand regarding returning from where I brought them (Decks.co.uk).

Would it be classed as a manufacturing fault? I would say so because I'm unable to use them.

They are not fit for purpose.

If the supplier returned them to Pioneer that wouldn't make any difference - it's a software fault.

Shªun_N 0 voti

I'm sure that if the guys that Write/ Test Pioneer's Firmware code for the CDJ2000 Nexus were actual true DJ's this would have been fixed during BETA testing, way prior to product launch.

How on earth would Pioneer gain our trust again, when the CDJ3000 comes out? would we buy it or would we just stick to whatever CD/ Controller we may have by then.

Honestly, I was fine with my CDJ2000s Gen. 1 (They worked flawlessly with Serato SL) right now I totally regret selling them to buy the CDJ2000 Nexus decks.

Biggest issue at this point  :::::::::::::::::: 

((( No HID compatibility with Serato SL )))

Given my IT background screen resolution has nothing to do with HID being compatible with any type of G.U.Y. (Graphical User Interface). 

Someone must have intentionally called the shots to drop the ball on Serato SL. 

Why should I be forced to use RekordBox, when it should be my choice given the fact that I have paid over $2,000.00 USD for each deck?

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade! >>>>>>  What do you do if the lemons are dry?

I feel like I was robbed at this point!!! How's PIONEER going to make up for the time and effort that I have put into this uncalled for purchase EXPERIENCE.

This is MADNESS!!!

Back to the drawing table!!!

iWill 0 voti

i'm not returning them (Yet). I wait to hear out what the mods say. If my biggest issue is master tempo, then i think it is fixable. However.. It's a non aceptable situation from a company like pioneer. I mean we talk here about THE FLAGSHIPS damnit.... Who cares about ddj's and stuff. Get YOUR FLAGSHIPS working and then all other...

Anastasio 0 voti

Again reading here, there must be 15 - 20 ... completely let down by what Pioneer have done over the last 6 weeks with their lack of action !!!

DJccccc 0 voti

If Pioneer can promise a fix for the software issue I'm having VERY VERY SOON,

I may stick it out and bear with them, and when I mean soon, I mean before the end of November.

If not, a change of hardware manufacturer's for me...

Pulse/Gavin, is this feasible?

Shªun_N 0 voti

Again reading here, there must be 15 - 20 ... completely let down by what Pioneer have done over the last 6 weeks with their lack of action !!!

And thats only on this forum, can you imagine the people that dont even use forums, they all just return them. 

BriChi 0 voti

i dont know where but I´ve read that pioneer will be fixed the serato problem in jan13  ...

DJ René 0 voti

yup, thats what Pulse or Gavin wrote in another thread, forgot which one

BriChi 0 voti

Has anyone here been able to run SERATO SL using SID, after the FirmWare Upgrade?
If so, have you been able to use your previously saved SERATO SL Hot Cue Points?

iWill 0 voti

Serato has not yet implemented support for the nexus players in SSL.

Pulse 0 voti

I've just updated my two CDJ2000 Nexus players but i seems to have a problem.  ... They should AUTO LOAD HOT CUES but they don't do that?!

I use RekordBox and Pioneer Pro DJ Link to load music to my players using keyboard shortkeys.  It's loading fine but it doesn't autoload the cue points i've set in RekordBox.  Only the active loop function works.  ... Also, on the top of my CDJ2000 NXS screen i should see the remaining time to the next Cue point on my second player but that doesn't seem to work.

Am i doing something wrong here?  Or do i need to setup something for the AUTOLOAD HOT CUE function?

thanks for your response!

DJ Pierre Le Palm 0 voti

@Pierre > There is an option in the rekordbox settings to enable the autoload of Hot Cues. Have you engaged it?

Gavin 0 voti

yes i did, in settings.

Prepare Hot Cue Auto Load settings for CDJ use (on import) : enabled

But do i have to make a hot cue bank in RB to use this function?

DJ Pierre Le Palm 0 voti

So....so much words, so much time. So, were's official words from Pio specs 'bout Nexus troubles? Where's new FW, or date of it's release? Or we must use it with BETA 1.04 from early Nexus launch video? We r not so stupid as thay think. We need Industry Standart player with no bugz. Sorry for my English. I'm just a DJ.

Alex Tyugaev 0 voti

@Pierre If you want your existing tracks in your collection to work with auto load HotCue, then you have to select all tracks, click on info and select: Allow to auto load HotCue on CDJ.

See attached picture down to the right.

oakstream 0 voti