Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 follower Segui

[SOLVED] CDJ2000NXS In/Out Loop BUG

every now and then, when setting a quantised loop using the in/out buttons the loop is created slightly too short. it's like there is a small glitch and the new loop plays slightly out of time. it's enough to cause a partial train wreck within a mix and should not be happening. 

it doesn't happen every time, perhaps once in every 10 or 15 times, sometimes more, sometimes less. it's quite easy to replicate with two tracks of the same tempo and pitch lock activated.

it is not a beat grid issue as i've tested the same tracks with sync on and there are never any glitches or problems with the loops, they work as expected.

Phil

Commento ufficiale

At long last, we have a technical answer for you guys!

Some gaps may occur depending on the different precision level of clocks embedded in the CDJs / DJMs. Unfortunately it is impossible to eradicate all the small gaps even through firmware updates. If you really want to have no gap in the loop length, please use the sync feature, which was engineered to avoid such gaps caused by different clock time between CDJ players.

Pulse
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

46 commenti

I have to agree with Phil- been quiet about this for a while until it happened a few times last night/this morning-

Have the same issue he's on about since fw update 1.21/1.22. Loops are drifting and gotta constantly chase 'em down- thing is last year my confidence was built into the CDJ2000nexus with loops (around May I think)... so my hands are loading the 3rd track or grabbing a sip of Red Bull- now I'm paranoid about the loop going off beat (with BPM Sync or full Sync same problem). 

maDJam 0 voti

bump. any chance on getting this ticketed Pulse? this problem still persists and should be fixed, it's been over a year since a meaningful firmware update and this bug needs squashing.

the quantised loop feature is not currently working as advertised, i am just not confident using loops live anymore.

Phil 0 voti

bump.

this fault isn't going away until pioneer issue a firmware update to fix it.

Phil 0 voti

and here's a link to a youtube video someone posted 2 years ago showcasing the problem. it is the same track loaded on all decks with pitch lock engaged so they are all the same speed to prove the point that this should not be happening and is a bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSRdIDlfks

this was also a problem on the original cdj2000 at one point but a firmware release fixed it.

Phil 0 voti

I agree theres still issues with loops,Also the big one for me and a few other people is being able to save 16 and 32 beat loops from the cdi 2000 nexus to recordbox the saved loops always seem to go back to being 8 0r 4 beat and not the 16 ,or 32 beat loop i saved

Ange Miller 0 voti

Phil, what do you mean every 10 or 15 times? It's every time... Loops on cdj2k are a bit bigger, and on the nexus a bit smaller. Try to cut the loop in half to see what happens. Out of time in 5 seconds. Try to cut it more, you get out of time instantly. Anyway i am familiar with that, and the jogwheel with my ears do the job :)

Anastasio 0 voti

Perhaps you are right and it is every time. Sometimes it's not that noticeable, other times it causes quite a big jump out of time and a bit of a train wreck. Easy enough to correct by hand when playing live but extremely annoying when you are recording a mix!

Phil 0 voti

I will send in a ticket and see what I can get for you guys....

Jay 0 voti

The new Rekordbox improved it, but let's face it, its NEVER gone be fixed properly. Its obviously 'close enough'

Tom Field 0 voti

@ Tom, close enough isn't good enough - it should be perfect and it has been perfect before on other firmwares both on the 2000 and the nexus model. there's something not quite right here and should be fixed. i'm with tasos, i don't think it's a rekordbox thing...

Phil 0 voti

Hi,

what happens if you make the same loop with rekordbox? Does it sound ok? Sometimes I saw that rb put the beginning of the loop .001 sec after my starting point. Maybe the problem is originated by rb and not by the cdj...

Luca

Luca Varini 0 voti

I did a test just now, and i think it proves that it is not a recordbox issue. In fact it is a cdj issue. I explain:

I saved a 4 beat loop to a hot cue on 2 different tracks in rekordbox, and then i load them up to the cdjs. Hit play and sync them. You realize that then no drifting will be perceived. At least for 1-2 minutes a let the loops play together.

remarkable is, that when i play the loops on the cdjs via the hotcue(thats where i saved the loops on rekordbox), the loop menu is coming up, BUT NO 4 beat loop is flashing ON. In fact there is no loop showing up at all. That means that the cdj does not recognize the 4 beat loop i set. and then if i hit 4 beat loop on the touch panel, loop is offtime in seconds.

Anastasio 0 voti

@tasos > The 4 beat loop button wouldn't flash when loading that particular loop because the player hasn't set it via that button.

Pulse 0 voti

I've escalated the ticket with the engineers to see if they can dive further into this issue. Thanks for your patience guys and gals.

Pulse 0 voti

Ok Pulse, but if you try the same thing i did, you will see that there is drifting on the loops you set on the cdj, and no drift by starting a loop set and saved in rekordbox.

Anyway, would it be right or not, if i set-save a 4beat loop in rekordbox, when i call (start) this loop on the cdj it shows 4beat loop?

Anastasio 0 voti

Right, but it still wouldn't necessarily show the 4-beat button flashing. ;)

Pulse 0 voti

Any news from the engineer's on this one Pulse?

It'd be great to hear that they've found the bug and intend to fix it in a new firmware release....

Phil 0 voti

Sorry, they may be working on it but I haven't heard back - I gave them a nudge.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse, did you hear back from the engineers on this one? it'll be one year tomorrow since i first raised this so it'd be great to hear if it's going to get fixed!

Phil 0 voti

Sorry, no news yet. When they reply I'll be sure to post.

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse thank you for answering to us. What if i upload a video where i play the same track on booth cdj's with sync and quantize on (also on booth cdj's) and when i make a 4 beat loop i go out of time after a few seconds? When i make a 2 beat loop i go out of time faster etc. What then? Would that be fixable?

Anastasio 0 voti

Sorry, I don't know - I'm sure the engineers have already tweaked whatever they can to the capacity available within the hardware, so you could certainly make a video but whether or not any changes could come of it I'm uncertain.

Pulse 0 voti

This is definately not solved. I am having the exact same issue on my xdj 1000s. I shouldn't have to rely on using sync mode. I don't use sync and don't want to have to use sync. Could you please see if there is another fix for this as over the past year I have tried absoloutly everything and nothing has worked. Thanks

Jack Baker 0 voti

@Jack > You don't have to use sync, but you don't also have to have clock signal aligned between the two players in order for that to work as expected either, per the Official Answer posted above.

Pulse 0 voti

I don't know what you mean by clock? i beat match perfectly, all of my beat grids are spot on on rekordbox. Ive had this issue since i got my players and I've been hunting an answer ever since but can't find anything to work.. Could you explain what you mean please mate

Jack Baker 0 voti