Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[TICKETED] CDJ 2000 Nexus loop doesn't work than the player blocked and unable to load

Hello, I own 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus since 5 months. I used them without any issue all this summer with the same USB Key (Kingston Data Traveler G4 128 GB)

I connect them to my DJM 900 with LAN cables passing through  Tp-Link TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100M Mini Desktop Switch

Yesterday night i noticed what follows:

• Player 1 (with USB) and Player 2 (via link)

• Player 1 was playing and when i launched the loop to mix i noticed that it did.t work: the waveform was colored for the loop length but the player keep going straight, like i was pressing reloop/exit. I tried different length of the loop (8-16) and again the same effect, it seemed looped but continued playing straight to the end of the song.. 

• So i launched the song in player 2 (reading via LAN from player 1)

• When i tried to load a new song on player 1 (the song seemed finished because of what i said before) i saw an error message concerning the file corrupted (i don't remember exacltly what) then player 1 blocked it self.

• I tried to load a new song via USB in player 1 but i received the message to unlock the eject/load security in menù (I have activated it in my configuration). I did it but when i tried to load a song nothing happened. 

• So I tried to load in Player 1 a song via link from the (emergency) USB I have in player 2 (Player 2 was playing a song via Lan from the blocked player 1): I only saw a Loading message....

At this point i was completely blocked. I only had to restart the player 1 using a workaround with delay on player 2 (that was reading form the blocked 1....)

I don't know if i explained my self, I'm not so good in english but i only would like to understand what could be the problem: the USB Key? Rekordbox 3.0.3 updated yesterday before syncing new songs? The player in some way is broken? 

I only don't think it's a plan problem because i was blocked also trying to load directly form the USB on the player 1. And all started with Loop not working fine.

Federico Sacchi

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

62 commenti

You should see a PIONEER folder and inside that there is a rekordbox folder. Within that folder you will find the export.pdb file.

The fastest way to enable/disable your hidden files on Mac is with an automator script (which basically goes and does the terminal command for you). You can find them through Google.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Sorry, nothing yet. If you are subscribed to this thread, you should receive an email anytime a new post is made to this thread. When I have info, I will post here for you.

Pulse 0 voti

Since 2 months, no new notification and my cdj set up for 5500 euro still crashes ... sorry but slowly is this poor

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > I'm sorry, we're still waiting for the engineers to investigate, it does take time to find the source of the problem, locate and isolate the cause, determine the reasoning, find a solution, test the solution and ensure that no other functions are compromised as a result of the fix.

As noted, when I have info I will post here.

Pulse 0 voti

The engineers have asked if you could ensure that you have updated to rekordbox 3.2.1 and then re-analyze all your tracks and export the tracks again, then test and report back if you still have the same problem.

Pulse 0 voti

the last freeze / crash was via link to the laptop with Rekordbox 3.2.1 with a new analyze track. I set a 4/4 loop for the track, but the track continues , i push the button for reloop / exit and the track is jumping to the reloop part and the track continues again. Before, i have set the fader start for the left cdj. I put the fader down and the track jumped to the first cue for 4/4 loop. At this moment i push on play and no reaction, so the player crashed.

meanwhile Rekordbox runs stable ... this means, no error from the laptop, rekordbox run ... I can change the tracks on the right side, if i would like change the left side, i didnt get an error but further my left cdj is freeze for the moment and i have no reaction till i restart the cdj completely.

In attachment you will find the next crashed mp3 ... Is this a problem of the cdj/firmware or of the mp3 ?

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > Did this occur after you reanalyzed all your tracks and re-exported from rekordbox to a blank USB drive?

Does this error occur consistently with the track you attached?

Pulse 0 voti

Q : Does this error occur consistently with the track you attached?

No, this was the track with the last crash. If i restart the cdj, so them all runs fine. I can smash the buttons, like loop in / out ... exit ... reloop and more and the track runs fine, too ...

Q: Did this occur after you reanalyzed all your tracks and re-exported from rekordbox to a blank USB drive?

I have this problem, since i bought this setup and i tried a lot ... I installed every Firm update / Rekordbox update and i tried difference usb sticks and SD-Cards ... I use them only for the cdjs, there is not other folders like other mp3s or pictures ... in the last 2 years, i have sometime refresh my system like win 7 to win 8 ... in the first time i dont like win 8, then i have downgrade again to win 7 and now i have win 8.1 ... further i delete many times the sd cards and usb-sticks to reanalyse the tracks, if there was a new update available ... i delete the usb and sdcards completly with windows format

the last mp3 was analyzed with latest rekordbox and the crash or freeze on the cdj was via link to rekordbox 3.2.1 ... it seems, it doesn't matter which storage medium I use

Both CDJs was replaced by the supplier, but the problem stays ... I checked the mp3 by a mp3checker like Mp3val but theres no problem only a warning for ID Tag, there i can ignore ... I dont know whats the problem is , because after the restart all is fine for a undefined time till the next freeze and i cant localize a specific mp3, its never the same mp3.

I dont know, my thought was, that the cdjs cant work so clean with some mp3s, if there have some specifications like over 10mb or 48.000 MHZ ... i dont know

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > The reason I ask is that the engineers have requested the users having problems in this thread please try reanalyzing their library with rekordbox 3.2.1 then exporting to a blank USB device and testing to see if the error occurs again.

Pulse 0 voti

@Denis > Any chance you could catch this problem on video?

Pulse 0 voti

In attachment you will find the video ... the video isnt complete ... before i have track, i would set the loop, but the track continues and didnt play the loop ... i would like set the loop again, but the track stops ... and then i got the message on the display "Cannot play Track (80)" something else like that, for a short time ... (maybe 4-5 sec.) and then you can all see on the video ...

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > If you export the exact same contents as the SD card to a USB drive, do you have the same problems?

Pulse 0 voti

yes, and via link to the laptop / rekordbox ... all 3 ways ...

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > Just reading back through all the info, I noticed you said:

i delete the usb and sdcards completly with windows format

Could you please try using a non-Windows utility (click for link), format the device TWICE and then re-export, try again to see if you get the same error?

Pulse 0 voti

i will test it in the next days ... i cant imagine that will be helps, because i had this problem via link directly to rekordbox, too ... but i try it and i write in the next days

Denis Scha 0 voti

sorry for waiting ... no i have the same problem again ... i have delete the sd-card with the linked software and i have analyse the sd-card with a refreshed system (win 8.1)

Denis Scha 0 voti

In attachment you will find another video of my issues in full length ... sometimes my cdjs crashed only, if i go to the next track with the track search button ...

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > That video showed the error happening to the linked player, does it also happen on the player hosting the device? I was just looking back through your previous comments but it mostly seems to be on the linked player (regardless of source).

Pulse 0 voti

yes and no ... yes i got this error in the most of the time on the linked device but i got this issues already on the hosting device but rarely

Denis Scha 0 voti

@Denis > Does it matter which player (left vs. right)? If you un-link the players and try running from a local device, does the error occur at all?

Pulse 0 voti

@Denis > The engineers have these questions for you:

1. Do you remember what you did before pressing the RELOOP button?
    At the very beginning of the video, the LOOP IN and LOOP OUT buttons are already flashing.
    We assume an abnormal situation already occurred before the RELOOP button is pressed.

2. Please send us all the track files you played after turning on the power again.
    Track #57, 92, 91 and 90 and the data in the “Pioneer” folder
    It would be better if you can send us all the data copy in the SD card. (Zip and upload to a file sharing service or Dropbox, if you would prefer, you could password protect it or email us the URL.)

After turning on the power, you browsed the playlist and selected Track #57, #92, then #91.
Did you press Track Search soon after you selected #92 because the track is changed to #91?
Some problems at the end of track #90 may cause the freeze at the beginning of track #91.

Pulse 0 voti

@June 09 2015 5:57 : its often the right player ... i have remove the switch and connect them directly, but the issues stays further. In the past, i have played with single sources this means not connected and the left and the right player has a own source and it runs stable ... i dont think, that the players are faulty / damaged because both players are replaced by my supplier a year ago.

1) no, i didnt remember exactly, but if i mix i do always the same ... as example ... left player is playing ... i search a track via the display or via track search buttons, then i go often in den middle of the song or to the intro via the needle search or the search buttons and i repeat it with the loop / exit button ... beat matching and then to next track ...

2) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9sn6avvrb9l194w/AACu1sc3JmS2oYRfwP7eEqg5a?dl=0

Everybody Is On Helium (Arthur White Mashup) #91

Everybody Is In The Place (Deviz Bang & Edsh #90

Futuristic_Polar_Bears_-_Back_To_Earth_(Orig #92

Showtek vs Blasterjaxx - Bad Echo (DJ Camill #57

Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman X Steve Angello - P

3) Track search : .... yes i used the track search button, because i was a track to far to show its the same track with the "now loading" message and after power off/on ... the same track runs now ...

4) "At the very beginning of the video, the LOOP IN and LOOP OUT buttons are already flashing. We assume an abnormal situation already occurred before the RELOOP button is pressed."

I have 2 ways if my cdjs crashed ... the first way is, if i choose a new track or few tracks, then directly at the beginning i got the the message "cannot play track 000D and then freeze

or the second way like the video ... so in the second way i will notice it, if the track moves forward allthough i set the loop ... and then the buttons are flashing ... i dont know if have a problem before and the next track is the trigger for a crash

Denis Scha 0 voti

Thanks @Denis, I've passed that along. If they need any more info, I'll let you know.

Pulse 0 voti