Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[TICKETED] CDJ 2000 Nexus loop doesn't work than the player blocked and unable to load

Hello, I own 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus since 5 months. I used them without any issue all this summer with the same USB Key (Kingston Data Traveler G4 128 GB)

I connect them to my DJM 900 with LAN cables passing through  Tp-Link TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100M Mini Desktop Switch

Yesterday night i noticed what follows:

• Player 1 (with USB) and Player 2 (via link)

• Player 1 was playing and when i launched the loop to mix i noticed that it did.t work: the waveform was colored for the loop length but the player keep going straight, like i was pressing reloop/exit. I tried different length of the loop (8-16) and again the same effect, it seemed looped but continued playing straight to the end of the song.. 

• So i launched the song in player 2 (reading via LAN from player 1)

• When i tried to load a new song on player 1 (the song seemed finished because of what i said before) i saw an error message concerning the file corrupted (i don't remember exacltly what) then player 1 blocked it self.

• I tried to load a new song via USB in player 1 but i received the message to unlock the eject/load security in menù (I have activated it in my configuration). I did it but when i tried to load a song nothing happened. 

• So I tried to load in Player 1 a song via link from the (emergency) USB I have in player 2 (Player 2 was playing a song via Lan from the blocked player 1): I only saw a Loading message....

At this point i was completely blocked. I only had to restart the player 1 using a workaround with delay on player 2 (that was reading form the blocked 1....)

I don't know if i explained my self, I'm not so good in english but i only would like to understand what could be the problem: the USB Key? Rekordbox 3.0.3 updated yesterday before syncing new songs? The player in some way is broken? 

I only don't think it's a plan problem because i was blocked also trying to load directly form the USB on the player 1. And all started with Loop not working fine.

Federico Sacchi

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

62 commenti

Hi there! I'm following the thread I opened but i can't help you anymore because i preferred to sell my Nxs and wait for better products (or re-stock)

In the meantime i use USB Key without link when i go playing in other discos/parties or i continue using Traktor where i'm resident.

I just wanted to give you a little suggestion or information: i don't know what other users do, but my playlists where imported from "Traktor" MANUALLY (without apps like Rekord Buddy)

The library is the same between two softwares (Traktor and Rekordbox), when i add new songs i analyze them two times (one each software), then i start compiling the playlist in Traktor, I export it and re-import in Rekordbox ... It's boring but I thought it could be safe...

But i'm just wondering if this could someway add some "bug" informations during the USB  export....

Good Night

Federico Sacchi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink