Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

14 follower Segui

[SOLVED] CDJ850 HID Traktor Support

This being rolled out tomorrow?

I've not used Traktor before so not really 100% on what it even means.... would I be right in thinking it means we'd be able to control and access files from a computer that the CDJs would be plugged into via USB? ie: no Traktor box or other cables etc?

Cheers

Dave Lee

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

65 commenti

Buy 850s for HID support, then learn I can't use HID for anything. Perfect.

Arian Ghaed Crusnik 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

My pioneer 850's came in tonight. I loaded the updates on there no problem. But when i go into the menu to put them on HID mode, there is no HID option in the menu.

Also when I open the CDJ aggregator file, it says "Error Please check your device connections". I've unplugged and plugged in all the USB cords several times, even restarted my computer. Not sure what else to do. Maybe this is due to skipping the HID mode step? Any advice would be great. thanks!

--Brian

Brian Penn 0 voti

CDJ850's wont behave the same as the 900's or 2000's when you connect them to Traktor. They don't support HID for these players. Quite disappointing, but you can still use MIDI mode. Downside is you don't get the LED nor display feedback... 

I made a mapping for CDJ850, it is still a work in progress, but it does the trick. I attached the basic CDJ 850 mapping file. Mine is a bit more difficult since I use more midi equipment and have my CDJ's at MIDI channel 5/6 or 7/8 depending on which channel they should control. Also have hotcue's on a second layer instead of hot loops. If you want to take a look at it, or use it, it is also attached.

Peter Ywe van Bruggen 0 voti