Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

9フォロワー フォローする

About sync rekordbox on two computers

Hi Pulse, I would like to thank you for your answer and explanations. I've tried a few times the method of moving my database between my two computers. It works but it's really time consuming, there’s to many steps to achieve the transfer of databases. I work on three to four gigs a week and, I make a lot of modifications in rekordbox during a gig; cue points, loop, tags, etc. (I use rekordbox in network mode with cdj-900 and I love this system!). It will be very appreciate if in a future update you could choose between share or move the database over a network so the need of an external drive would not be necessary.

Thanks again Pulse, since the beginning your advices were always been very useful for me.

Franck Ghiotti

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

20件のコメント

Oh man, you really need to check out the new external database feature from rekordbox 3.2! You now have the ability to store a database on an external drive (likely with your music collection) and move it from computer to computer, taking the entire library with you. Open rekordbox and presto, all your tracks and library are there the same as on your other computer.

** I have created a post on how to set it up here.**

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi please can someone help me. I have rekordbox on my laptop and spent months making my libery. I have a desktop pc too and i want to migrate my rekordbox to my external harddrive so i can use both computers. Its just my laptop broke 2 years ago and i lost my whole collection so i think keeping the master librey on a external would be better. Can you please help me with a link please. My email address is ssleigh60@gmail.com many thanks (Y)

Stuart Sleigh 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Stuart > You can find step-by-step instructions and a video here.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse, thanks for the detailed video and info. It worked nicely with my home pc and laptop.But I have now another problem. I have XDJ-RX and when I hook it up with the pc (where my initial database was) all is OK, but then when I use DJ Link on the laptop (with the external database rekordbox plays all files no problem here) I still can access all files and genre etc., but when I load a track I get the well known "rekordbox analysis required for quantize...". I also tried to re-analyse a track and load on xdj but still same message appears. I have all latest versions including firmware.

What could be the problem?

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Timur > Can you confirm for me which version of rekordbox you're using on which operating system(s), as well as the firmware version of the XDJ-RX.

I understand you're using it via the Pro DJ Link, can you also confirm that the OS's built-in firewall is completely disabled and no 3rd-party firewalls or security software are in use?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Tanks for the quick reply. I have Windows 10 on both computers. On laptop where I have problem all firewall is disabled. I have Bitdefender Free Antivirus on both computers so this should not be the problem. I have XDJ firmware 2.10 and Rekordbox 4.2.4. All my music is on a USB3 64Gig memeory stick including the database. When I load music to XDJ from laptop Pro Dj Link the song plays but without the waveform and my memory cue points are also loaded and shown on screen.

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the effort but did not help. Any other options?

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Just to confirm, with the drive connected to either computer, the song plays fine and shows all waveform and hot cue data?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

To avoid misunderstandings;

1. I had my home PC with local database and songs on USB stick, all OK

2. I decided to move database to the USB, I moved and still all OK on home PC

3. I plug USB to laptop and define Rekordbox database as the USB stick drive, Rekordbox now sees all database and songs and can play without problem.

4.Now when I connect XDJ-RX to laptop and engage ProDJ Link, i can browse from XDJ without problem, i can load songs but on loading I get the message that `Rekordbox analyze is required for quantize". After this point I can play but the detailed waveform is not visible, the overall waveform is not visible (it starts to render slowly after playing and playhead progresses), I can see memory cue markers on overall waveform display even though the overall waveforms is not visible.

5. On home pc still everthing is working perfectly when I plug in the same USB with songs and database.

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for that detail, and this also occurs with the Beta 5 release on the laptop?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Okay, let me see if I can get some info from our rekordbox team.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You're going to love the reason for this one... The drive letter is different on each computer.

There's an easy fix -- with the drive connected to the first computer, go to the start menu and type "Disk Management" and you'll see "Create and format hard disk partitions" (or the actual Disk Management utility), and open it.

In the window, find the drive in the lower section and right-click on the space on the left where it says the drive name and drive letter. From the pop-out menu select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." and you should see the drive letter in the new window. Click it, then click the Change button and assign a new letter to that drive (I'd suggest something like the X: drive ... easy to remember for "eXternal"). Confirm any warnings, click OK all the way back out and close the Disk Management window.

Do the same thing on the other computer and then test with rekordbox, it should be good to go!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I really loved the reason :) although I can not test now, I will inform when I can give it a try. But really interesting one, since XDJ can play the music. 

Anyway thank you very much for your time and effort, much appreciated.

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi,

I now gave it a try and I can confirm that this solved my problem. Thank you for all your help.

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello,

it seems to work fine, thanks. Another question though; is it possible to achieve the same scenario with android tablet (with Rekordbox app)? Could I connect my USB stick (with music and database inside) to the tablet and use the database as is on the mobile Rekordbox app? The goal is taking only the tablet (and database with music in USB) and XDJ-RX on the road, connect XDJ to the tablet and play music, then when I come home  just plug the USB stick (maybe with modified song tags, cues in collection) in my home computer (also can be the laptop with shared database) and see the changes immediately without the need of updating, syncing collection.

Timur Sungur 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No, the rekordbox app database is different from the main program database, and what you're asking to do isn't what the app was designed for.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It would be great if all this could happen on the cloud. Meaning auto sync via the cloud :)

Jules Moretti 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink