Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

RB DMX Corrupted....

My RB DMX seems to be corrupted. Any song/video file i load is now giving me inconsistent light output. If i view a track in Macro Editor the gridlines have changed with some items gone and many additional anchors in random places. This has entirely screwed up ALL of my lightshows except for those few i have custom designed per track.

Screen grab:-

This is happening in any version of Rekordbox.

Andy Beech

正式なコメント

Hello all,

The issue you kindly reported has been officially fixed in rekordbox 5.4.
"Anchor information was sometimes incorrect in the MACRO EDITOR." 
https://rekordbox.com/en/support/releasenote.php

Please update to 5.4 and provide us with your honest feedback.

Best regards,
CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

38件のコメント

Update to above.

just as a test i have loaded RB on a 2nd laptop and i am not seeing the above errors.

How can i install a fresh version of RB on my first laptop without this problem arising. Obviously the DMX Lighting files are somehow separate to the main program files beacuse i am having this problem with any version of RB, each installed in a different folder. I also have about 30 songs for which i have created custom light-shows which are not corrupted. How can i retain them?

Currently i have no usable light-shows for the bulk of my music collection and i am working tomorrow (Saturday).......i'm guessing there will be no fix before that time.....

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Update number 2....

Since i didn't have time to wait for support to respond i sourced the location of the relevant Lighting DB, deleted the files from that folder (excluding one named "user.db" and after saving a copy to a safe location). Re-opened RB and, low and behold, no more corrupted Light-shows!!! RB re-generated the DB.

Unfortunately my custom shows have gone, but at least i can work tomorrow night!!!!

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have observed what looks like bugs in the software when you edit 8-measure long scenes (whether they are custom or not).

While the edited scene looks ok after edit, when you move to the Macro editor mode, the part of the software that puts the scenes together does not put the first or last anchors of those edited scenes in the right place, and so makes some strange interpolations at the borders..

My workaround has been to only use un-edited pre-defined scenes, or 4-measure long custom scenes.

Hope that helps.

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Anacapa and thanks for your reply.
The problem for me is that I need to edit every scene. If I don't my "light shows" consist of moving heads facing either downwards or even backwards.
I really wish Pioneer would sort this out. It's costing me a huge amount of time instead of saving me time!

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Until it gets fixed, the workaround could be to create your own custom scenes (4-measure long, not 8). You could create them from the pre-defined scenes you want to take inspiration from.

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

yes indeed, unless, like me, you prefer to use your own custom scenes anyway.

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yikes - something's not right there... I'll get our lighting team to check that out.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, I have described the same issue here in detail:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010389546--LIGHTING-Phrase-correspondance-when-changing-Moods-or-Banks-RB-5-2-3-

in macro editing mode you find strange border effects like these:

It happens for edited scenes (custom and pre-defined) when they are 8-measure long (which most pre-defined scenes are). It does not happen for custom scenes which are 4-measure long.

It's most probably the "stitching" part of the software playing a role here.

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, AFAIK it shouldn't do that ...!!! I've asked the head lighting software guy to take a peek.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Could you please zip and post a link to the following files:
    ・macro.db3
 ・user.db3 

Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox\LightingDB
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox/LightingDB

Thanks!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi again Anapaca,

Returning to your comment regarding using your own custom, 4 measure scenes. Having created those scenes do you then have to apply them to each and every song track individually or am i missing a trick here?

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Andy,

No need to apply them to each and every song.
So you're in the LIGHTING/MACRO MAPPING mode. You have created your custom scenes.
Next step you need to assign your custom scenes (actually called USER'S SCENE in the software) to the relevant phrases: for example you have created a custom scene, which you have named "HIGH COOL INTRO1 ANDY". You select mood (HIGH) and bank (COOL) in the mood selection area (details in section 5.2 of the rekordbox5.2.3_lighting_operation_guide_EN.pdf file), and you drag and drop your custom scene "HIGH COOL INTRO1 ANDY" to replace the current "INTRO1" scene. Then every time the software plays the INTRO1 phrase of a song which you have set in the HIGH Mood and COOL bank, it will use your custom scene.
So you need to decide on a minimum set of mood/bank/phrase combinations you actually want to use, and assign a custom scene to each combination you will use.

Here is a first step for you:
- use the phrase analysis performed by the software (to make things simple)
- use only the HIGH mood and COOL bank in PERFORMANCE mode (click on MOOD and select HIGH, click on BANK and select COOL)
- create one or more custom scenes, and make sure in the LIGHTING/MACRO-MAPPING mode that you have assigned one of them to each of the 10 phrases of the HIGH-COOL combination (note that you can assign the same custom scene to several different phrases).
Then when you play any song (set in the HIGH Mood, and COOL Bank), it will use your custom scenes only.
Over time, you can decide to assign a separate custom scene to each phrase, decide to use more than one bank, more than one mood, and use your own phrase analysis.

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Anapaca,

Thank you very much for your detailed instructions. Very helpful indeed. 

You're a star!

@ Pulse......Unfortunately nothing to be gained by me sending the 2x db files as i completely uninstalled then reinstalled RB following the issues I've been having.

Andy.

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andy > If you're still having the issues per the original post, then it would help our team.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andy,

you are most welcome, I hope this will be helpful for you :)

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I see you found the directory. ;)

Thanks - I'll pass that along to our lighting team.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yes, it was actually hidden, I had to unhide it ;)

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Still having issues.....

Hopefully either Anacapa or Pulse can help me resolve this......

So. for example, i have created 10x 4 measure scenes for Mid/Cool. Saved, and assigned them accordingly. Now when i go into macro editor my measures have not been applied, the previous scenes are still showing. The only way i have been able to force them to update is to change the "Bank" to anything else and then change back to "Cool".

Reanalysing doesn't force the change, neither does clearing and then reanalysing....

Any ideas. 

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You are absolutely correct Andy: today the only way to activate the change PERMANENTLY is to go to the MACRO EDITOR, change the bank to a different value, and change it back to the value you want. I hope Pioneer DJ will fix this soon. Agreed Pulse?

You can however activate the change TEMPORARILY, in the PERFORMANCE mode. This is what I meant in my previous message by "use only the HIGH mood and COOL bank in PERFORMANCE mode (click on MOOD and select HIGH, click on BANK and select COOL) ".

To do this, go to the performance mode and connect your RB-DMX to your laptop (no need to connect the lights). Then check the LIGHTING box (in red) at the top meny (see figure below), you will see a special LIGHTING menu appear (in red), and then click on the Mood and Bank selection boxes (which will be highlighted in green as in the figure below), and select the Mood and Bank you want activated (MID and COOL in your case).

Then if you have assigned custom scenes to all the phrases of the MID/COOL combination, the software should be using the custom scenes you have assigned to the phrases of the MID/COOL combination. You can check that visually only by connecting the lights, obviously. Or as you already noticed, you can check that in the MACRO EDITOR, but only after performing that little trick you discovered.

In my case, since it is simply too time-consuming to do the little trick in the MACRO EDITOR to actually activate the changes for each song, I don't even bother, I systematically activate the change in PERFORMANCE mode by activating the Mood and Bank boxes (in green in the figure). You can have the same live controls with your controllers pads (PAD editor with DDJ1000, MIDI Editor with most other controllers).

But it is a very messy workaround, which Pioneer DJ should really fix. The ideal solution may be a command of the type "ACTIVATE ALL CHANGES" which applies to all songs in the database (not just the single song being displayed in the MACRO EDITOR). This may have to be performed in the LIGHTING mode, since it might affect Live performance in the PERFORMANCE mode.

Pulse..?

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Anapaca,

Once again thanks for your reply. Was hoping you would have a better solution!!!

As you say, its far too time consuming to activate the changes one by one. 

@Pulse... is it possible to get this changed asap?? It seems that with every 2 steps forward we go, we then take a step back....!!

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andy > If you've edited a macro (say one of the pre-configured ones), it should then apply those changes to any tracks where that macro exists. Is that not what's happening?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse... 

as per my comment above (and confirmation from Anapaca above)

quote..

So. for example, i have created 10x 4 measure scenes for Mid/Cool. Saved, and assigned them accordingly. Now when i go into macro editor my measures have not been applied, the previous scenes are still showing. The only way i have been able to force them to update is to change the "Bank" to anything else and then change back to "Cool".

Reanalysing doesn't force the change, neither does clearing and then reanalysing....

Any changes are not automatically being applied.

Andy 

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andy, @Pulse,

I did some more experiments trying to reproduce these malfunctions, and I have found that the changes are sometimes automatically activated, and sometimes not. But I have not yet been able to find the contexts which will systematically produce the same behavior (changes activated, changes not activated, and sometimes strange things happening in MACRO EDITOR mode which I don't understand). In other words, sometimes things work OK, sometimes not, and I don't know why.

I won't be able to look at that until early next week.

But Pulse, by playing around and doing some testing, your engineers should be able to come across some cases for which the changes are not automatically activated, as Andy and I found out, and work from there.

Until next week.

Anacapa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks, they've got the files and will be checking to see what happened.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink