Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Record Box Data Base Crash

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360012915266-RecordBox-Database-Crash

Here is what happens to me at 23 June of 2018!

I have the exact same problem today at 23 DEC of 2018.

The difference is that i didn't (still) delete everything, hopping that i can send a file or something to check it from pioneer and bring back my entire collection!

VasilisGiotis 回答済み

正式なコメント

If analysis is required for tracks that would be restored, I'm thinking there's something else at play on your drive causing this to happen. I'll ask you to please file an inquiry ticket here; in the comment, link back over to this forum topic and we'll get it escalated to our rekordbox team to see if there's something else they can dig into to find out why it's happening over and over again.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Use one of the backups (as noted in that topic), provided you haven't tried closing / opening rekordbox.

Open: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Check the file dates for the backup files, and rename the appropriate file:

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old
Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thank very much!

So what was the problem?

Was something I did wrong?

VasilisGiotis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Again and again and again and again!2 hours before my set i tru the same solution you gave me here but nothing!What the f@ck guys?

VasilisGiotis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It's hard to know what went wrong when you've not provided any details as to what you were doing before this happened.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse maybe you should read my first message. And my link.

Maybe then it's not so hard to know what happened..

If there was another problem i should open a new post.

That's why i write it here ysterday.

Anyway i will write here again:

Saturday noon i setup (with color and my tags) about 10 songs.

I close my RB and anything else. Not even in Windows. I close my PC.

I didn't had time because i need some sleep for my night set.

But i woke up earlier. About 19:00 o'clock.

And i thought maybe i can setup some songs for an hour.

I open my PC and RB and there was the same problem. 

No Database. 

Every (F@cking, soory about the word but i thing thats enough wit rb) 6 months the same probem. Every 5-6 months!

Anyway i tried the same solution they gave me here, but nothing.

My back up library wasn't restored.

So i delete everything. Unistall rb. Delete the folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

i reinstall rb and only then my library restored.

Don't tell me that i made a mistake somehow. I know what I did.

Ps: In another post https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360043311472-Auto-Gain-with-Pro-Dj-Link

Why there is no answer?Why don't just say yes or no??Or don't ask stupid questions Vasilis?? Is it bad to know what my next step about this should be?

VasilisGiotis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This isn't a problem that other DJs are having, so clearly it comes down to something specific to your setup, and we need to determine why it's happening on your computer and not to others.

It's not a matter of stupidity, we're here to help you out, so please drop the attitude.

You didn't provide information about what happened this time - you replied to a topic from December, but didn't say what you had done prior to the database being missing. You also didn't mention if using the method I provided above worked for you this time.

If I had to guess, I'd say that rekordbox hadn't fully closed or finished writing the database, so when you shut down, the database became corrupted and thus wasn't able to load. So it's possible another system process or application was preventing rekordbox from doing its thing. Are you using any antivirus / security software? Other speed / performance optimizers?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No Pulse. When i'm having the same problem many times i'm not going to drop the attitude.

You can ban me. You can delete from here (forum). You can kick me out from here.

But don't tell to ''drop the attitude''.  We have democracy in whole Europe, so i can have whatever attitude I want. (If i understand correct what do you mean)

Informations: As I say above, i didn't do something strange to RB or windows. I was setup some songs (with color, my tags). I finish my job, i click to x button, Rb closed. and then shut down my computer. Just this.

The method you provide me worked 6 months ago. But not now. I wrote that: ''Anyway i tried the same solution they gave me here, but nothing. My back up library wasn't restored.'' I wrote it above.

I also wrote: 

So i delete everything. Unistall rb. Delete the folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

i reinstall rb and only then my library restored.''

So i guess that something went wrong with these files. I don't know what.

I know that i try the same way you gave me above.

Nothing. 

So I delete everything, I unisntall RB. I reinstall it and only the my back up library restored. I wrote those words above.

But a lot of my files had lost analyse. So i analyse all of my library again.

Ps: I know you are here to help me. Thats why i ask those qustions in this forum. 

Anyway because i'm a good person, and get mad only in special occasions, thank you very much for your answer.

VasilisGiotis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I get it, you're upset because it's not working, but let me tell you about an english proverb that says "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." I'm happy to help those who aren't going on a tear, so let's dial down the angry, and work together on this.

I understand that there is a bit of a language barrier, so please forgive me if I'm asking things you think you may have already answered - not all of what you're saying is 100% clear, or when you make reference to "other things" you've done, keep in mind, I'm dealing with hundreds of users' problems here every day and I can't always go back and re-read every thing I've said to every user to try and stay on top of what was already done/said, especially when the last time I said it was 6 months ago.

You said: "So i delete everything. Unistall rb. Delete the folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

i reinstall rb and only then my library restored.''

If you deleted the folder containing your rekordbox database, your library wouldn't have been restored when you reinstalled, so I'm a bit confused.

Then you said: "I reinstall it and only the my back up library restored."

What backup? Did you make a backup (zip) of the library? Or was it from another source? When did you make it?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink
I create back up from my collection every Friday. 
Because I know that RecordBox will crash at some point.
I'm sure about that.
It's a fact.

As I say i delete this folder
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

and i reinstall RecordBox
because somehow i was sure that there was the problem.
I reinstall RecordBox. All from from beginning
I restore my back up libray
(friday 04 May I crate my back up),
(Saturday 05 May had the issue)
(its a back up with RecordBox's option)
and this action was succesfull.
As I say some tracks had lost analyse.
So i analyse again all of my collection.

VasilisGiotis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

And as I've said, if this were a problem for more users, it would be something we would have addressed by now, but it seems you're the only one, leading me to believe there is something about your computer or the Windows environment interrupting the write-out process for the database, resulting in a corruption and damaged database.

I'm glad you're being pro-active in making backups -- not enough DJs take that step.

Were the only tracks to have lost the analysis ones you had added to the database since the previous backup? When you're restoring, are you using the Library > Restore Library function?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

There was a lot of tracks. New and old. Thousands. I don't know the answer.

I'm restoring from the option Record gives.

Library > Restore Library function

VasilisGiotis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink