Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox Dvs

Hi everyone!

I've just been given my dvs license through the purchase of my DDJ RZ.

I have everything set up and the audio etc is fine.
But I literally cannot beat match on the vinyl because the tempo keeps shifting up and down on its own. I'm assuming it's something to do with signal maybe?

The reading on the scope looks okay, but wasn't sure if it was maybe the needle I was using?

Turntable swing arm is all set correctly according to the cartridge. Which is a ortofon pro s.

Any help would be appreciated, thankyou!

Etchells101

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

Yes mate, exactly the same. Thanks for the link.
Bpm goes up and down slightly. Literally impossible to beat match.

My cartridge is almost new. Using an RP7000. Can't see any of that being an issue at all.
And pioneer still haven't even answered the link you just posted either, and that was December!
It's useless to me until it tracks correctly

Etchells101 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey np at all...

We all are facing the same problem when using the DVS - its very difficult to make a clean mix as the bpm is fluctuating....

Pioneer is aware about the issue but as you said - we haven't heard any news since December.. :(

But worry not - the new rekordbox 4.3 beta introduced some new groundbreaking features like karaoke and some new FX so even we can't use our turntables and paid dvs plugin, everyone can now make a karaoke which is the most demanded feature  every dj ever wanted...... Seriously - the priorities set by pioneer makes me wonder... :-(

Marek 0 votes

Oh wait, hang on, they've introduced karaoke?!

Can't wait to let me nan and grandad know!! Lol

I'll keep an eye out for any possible resolving of it. Thanks pal

Etchells101 0 votes

I've asked for a follow-up on the BPM issue.

And please realize that many of these new features have been on a software roadmap for months and don't interfere with the part of the team who is trying to address bugs and other issues.

Pulse 1 vote

I completely understand pulse
And I appreciate the follow up, thank you :)

Etchells101 0 votes

pioneer any news yet on the BPM issue?....it has been a long long time since i reported it...i have tested it with a ddj rx and with a djm 850k fluctuating all over the place on both...now i got a ddj rz but still waiting for my free DVS license pioneer?..someone called roel got in touch but i haven't heard from him?..cannot wait to try it with the ddj rz and be disappointed again 

Hugo Nascimento 0 votes

Okay so ive done some research and compared other articles in relation to this subject of thread that I've started.
I've redone calibrations etc. And got the bpm fluctuation down to 0.1%-/+ pitch adjustment.
And it seems to me that fluctuation is actually normal within this margin.
Its the flutter which is from the turntable and is completely normal.
Unless you have high grade technics. To get 0% constant is impossible I believe (correct me if wrong)
I've found mixing is fine with 0.1% changes.

At what amount is your bpm changing again Hugo?

Etchells101 0 votes

currently i cannot say because as i said above i waiting to try with different equipment (i sold my license and now i got an ddj rz so just waiting for another license)..

but at the time i tried it would go from lets say 123.5 to 124.3

i have tried in traktor and it was quite good once you had the bpm right you would just have to nudge to get the track beat matching...when you play real records on a turntable if you set the bpm right you just need to make sure you cue right and then nudge...also helps if turntable is as level as possible..but you right there is always a very small flutuation i tried all you have done and never worked for me

Hugo Nascimento 0 votes

i am 100% that there is a bug and just needs the engineers on it

Hugo Nascimento 0 votes

@Etchells101 Then its safe to summarize your findings in the way that the calibration is really shitty.... :-D

Marek 0 votes

Yeah I'd say it was partly my fault lol
Although there is still room for improvement possibly on the software side of things.
The fluctuation is probably always there, it's just that it's shown in front of you now, in numbers, so makes us believe there is something wrong, when really there isn't lol
0.1% difference is bearable.

Etchells101 0 votes

And Hugo, when you do manage to get the DDJRZ license, could you possibly let us know how you get on please? And we could compare results to see if it's a natural issue.
Thanks pal

Etchells101 0 votes

Ahh this is great news, thank you pulse!
Working away at the moment but will get it updated when I'm back, thanks again! :D

Etchells101 0 votes

Hey Pulse, I'm still testing the beta 2, but I honestly do not understand why the bpm continue to fluctuate so much, you think it's a problem with the S9 driver, I am also used original Rekordbox vinily. will post a video soon as I can

Zazadj 0 votes