Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

14 followers Follow

DJM-2000NXS Not Showing As Input on Mac OSX 10.13.2

I've been having trouble getting my DJM-2000NXS to show up as an input device on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) running OSX High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88).

I have already configured my DJM as 6-channel output 2-channel input 16 bits under the DJM-2000 Settings.

However under Audio MIDI Setup DJM-2000 (also wondering if it should also show as DJM-2000nxs?) it is showing as 0 ins / 6 outs.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times (on separate mac machines running same OSX), made sure firmware for DJM-2000nxs is up to date (v3.20). At this point I don't know what else to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*edited: title to correct mac version

Mychal S

Post is closed for comments.

72 comments

I know our DJM team is still working on this but don't yet have an updated driver or other solution. Currently the only work-around they have is to downgrade to 10.13. Sorry!

Pulse 0 votes

Any news? I am totally stuck as can't revert to an earlier version of the OS, my backup external hard drive had to be reformatted due to an error. It would be really nice to know what's going on. This has been months now and it is truly frustrating. The 2000nxs is the flagship mixer, one I love to play on and it's sitting there dormant :(

Psyrotica 0 votes

Hey Psyrotica,

You're not alone. I started the thread back in January and still haven't received word from Apple or Pioneer. I contacted Apple Support last week and they weren't much help either. After an hour of back and forth with them they basically directed me to this form to fill out.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

They said the inquiries go directly to the Apple Engineers. Maybe you and everyone else who is subscribed to this thread can submit a request and try to get the ball rolling?

In the meantime I've resorted to downgrading an old MacBook Air I had to macOS Sierra. I followed the instruction from this video and it was pretty much foolproof. My downgraded MacBook Air was able to recognize the mixer as an input device and I was once again able to record my sets.

Mychal S 0 votes

Thank you Mychal,

I have done as you suggest and have left a request/feedback inquiry on Apple support. I am glad you have found a way to cope with this issue. Sadly I have no other means. I am hoping and praying they will get this sorted very soon.

Tara

Psyrotica 0 votes

Right spent all day and finally got to the point of downgrading to OS Sierra, re installing all my softwares, Logic and so on. Will test out the DJM after a good night's sleep. Thank you Mychal the links you provided were a great help.

Still mighty upset with Apple, they have cost us hassle and downtime, not good :( I won't be upgrading to a new OS for some time until I know drivers are in place beforehand.

Psyrotica 0 votes

Sorry guys, I don't have any updates to provide -- our team is still working with Apple to resolve it.

Pulse 0 votes

Dear Pioneer,

Please respect our time and effort trying all these walk arounds and hustling with technology , and also respect our minds and give us proper orientation with the problem so we can really be able to organise our scheduales , four months is too much for fixing a small software issue that can be fixed in a day or two and your reply is always that you are working on it and this isn't really convincing , and as far as i know , this mixer is the only one having an issue with the new operating system , so clearly it is from your side , so kindly ask the engineer who is working on it to give the matter a little bit of attention.

Thank you,

Mostafa Hany

grooveScream 0 votes

The issue is a change that Apple implemented in the operating system. If you were to roll back to an earlier version (or even 10.13.1), you would have it working.

From what I can see on our internal ticket, the product engineers have been communicating with Apple to try and resolve the situation, but it's a bit out of our hands. I'm sorry we don't have any other details or timeline available for you.

Pulse -1 votes

Classic case of finger pointing.

If either Apple or Pioneer appreciated that this is a problem for some of their customers,

it would have been sorted after a few weeks.

Both Pioneer and Apple should be ashamed of their relationship on a business level.

To me it just shows that Pioneer have no real impact with Apple. Maybe not Pioneers fault but certainly not us customers.

Rant over.

Have a great bank holiday everyone and good luck recording your sets on your Windows based machines !!

dave northall 0 votes

I’m done with Pioneer - not because of the issue but because of the complete lack of communication. £6000 worth of kit rendered unrecordble (2 CDJ NXS 2’s plus the mixer) and no effort to update.... I’m going Denon.

anthony alexander 0 votes

@anthony > I've provided several updates indicating that we're still working on the issue. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but I guarantee our product team is as well with trying to get Apple to make the necessary changes.

Pulse 1 vote

Your updates are irrelevant after all this time - PioneerDJ have done absolutely nothing to publicly say that there is a major issue with their flagship Mixer and Pioneer have left hard working DJ's who invested in your products to have to find their own alternatives. PioneerDJ should be ashamed because you hid away and left people who invested in you to miss out on opportunities because you knew there was an issue but didn't have the balls to sort it - look at your firmware updates page... 2013, 2016.... come on... you guys are a joke now.

anthony alexander -1 votes

Investment in the DJM 2000: £2000. Current trade in < £600.... Thanks PioneerDJ... Not sure what you guys are Pioneering but it's not helping DJ's.

Still nothing????

5months not being able to record my euro straight into Ableton reallllyyy starting to get to me now!! 

Updates for everything but the 2000 not cool man!! 

Scumbag Germ 1 vote

Really, this is getting bl##dy frustrating.

I used to use this feature all the time, like so many others. But I have not the possibility to revert my OS X version back to 10.13.1, however much I want. (I have talked to Apple about it.). It seems I am stuck at 10.13.2 or newer.

Pointing fingers to Apple is not a very professional solution is it? I can only assume the newer version mac os x 10.13.5 will not solve the issue back.

If Apple does not do anything about the issue, and they do not seem to do so, then it would seem appropriate by PioneerDJ to create a fix plugin/driver (or whatever the correct SW-word is), that can be installed to do the job instead.

...or are PioneerDJ ridig out the time, until maybe a replacement mixer is released so that the responsibility for the DJM-2000NXS mixer can be dismissed??

Why is there no fix in place already? This is incredibly angering, irritating and frustrating!

/G

Gert Johnsen 0 votes

Sorry, no additional info to share, but I have requested a follow-up from the product team.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks Scumbag Germ for this inside info. I also have little to no hope Pioneer will work on a firmware for a device that is still selling as the top of line masterpiece. Its so sad.

Jules Br 0 votes

Our DJM team is still working towards a solution - hope is not yet lost! Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR HALF A YEAR NOW! PIONEER ARE A TOTAL JOKE!

Well, not a total joke - you guys don't seem to be laughing very much.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately we still don't have any updates. The latest information I have is that our mixer team has been communicating with the engineers at Apple to try to resolve this; it's not just a matter of updating a driver on our end.

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience while we work to solve this matter for you.

Pulse 0 votes

Pleased to report I was able to get the firmware to update on my mixer and it is now being recognized on my computer as an input device. 

If you're running into issues when updating try hitting the advanced tab in network settings and "Renewing DHCP Lease." I had to do this a couple times for the firmware update software to recognize the mixer. 

Hope you all are successful in updating and thanks for Pioneer for releasing this. 

Mychal S 1 vote

Awesome! Glad that's working and thanks again for your patience while our teams created this fix.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm still having trouble.

I've clicked "Renewing DHCP Lease" a couple dozen times. The connection is established as per the installation manual's description, but the installer still indefinitely leaves the "Start" option as greyed out, awaiting a connection. 

Any other workarounds?

[2017 MBP, 13" w/ Touch Bar OSX 13.6]

Marc Andrew 0 votes

No ethernet on the MBPro 2015!

So had to dig my MBPro 2011 out! 

I had a few issues getting the update to work!  

DJM2000 would quickly say Update Error then Connecting would just keep flashing, I missed the Update Error the first couple of times because it flashes quickly! (Keep an eye out for that)

I tried on my 2011 many times! Tried on a windows 10 laptop with no joy so reverted back to my MBpro and it worked even though IT WASNT GREEN!! 

Just keep trying guys :D! 

Thanks for the update Pioneer!!! 

Back to business 

Scumbag Germ 0 votes

Well, stupidly I updated my Mac OS thinking this was fixed and everything was now ok. I have tried the above with no success including renewing the DCHP lease numerous times. Keeps stating waiting from  DJM-2000 connection. I have gone through the update instructions to the letter numerous times but still no joy.

I notice Marc above is having the same problem, I reinstalled the drivers too, to no avail.

I am using a 2015 MBP 15'' retina.

Psyrotica 0 votes

Guys,

If you are having problems, switch off wifi. That way your hard wired ethernet will be able to pick up the DHCP address from the mixer. If you don't automatically get the DHCP address then follow the above instructions to renew the address.

This should sort out most issues.

Thanks Anthony, I tried again with the wifi off and it states the connection interface has been lost, I tried then renewing the DCHP and still nothing. Firmware updates were never this difficult lol. Thanks for trying to help.

Tara

Psyrotica 0 votes

Hi Dave, yes the usb is connected direct from the Laptop to the DJM during trying to update :) Same way as I use to record, well when I could lol.

Psyrotica 0 votes