Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

14 followers Follow

DJM-2000NXS Not Showing As Input on Mac OSX 10.13.2

I've been having trouble getting my DJM-2000NXS to show up as an input device on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) running OSX High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88).

I have already configured my DJM as 6-channel output 2-channel input 16 bits under the DJM-2000 Settings.

However under Audio MIDI Setup DJM-2000 (also wondering if it should also show as DJM-2000nxs?) it is showing as 0 ins / 6 outs.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times (on separate mac machines running same OSX), made sure firmware for DJM-2000nxs is up to date (v3.20). At this point I don't know what else to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*edited: title to correct mac version

Mychal S

Post is closed for comments.

72 comments

Mine went through ok. iMac with WiFi turned off. Did the thing with buttons on power up of mixer etc. Still couldn’t record until I dropped sample rate to 44 00

dave northall 0 votes

Yes, directly from the Mac to the mixer. If not then you’ll need to connect a WiFi hub to the mixer, disable DHCP on the WiFi hub/router and do it that way. I know most new macs don’t have Ethernet so you’ll need an adapter which I was fortunate to have.

anthony alexander 0 votes

There is another work-around to manually assign an IP address in the same range as the mixer is searching, but I haven't got a DJM-2000 around to get this info, perhaps someone else (@anthony?) could provide the details that are assigned automatically and that can help others who may need to use the manual method?

Pulse 0 votes

Thankfully I have an adapter and an ethernet cable so will give it a go, thank you so much. I will report if successful :)

Psyrotica 0 votes

Pulse.

My Mac gets given an address of 169.254.154.44 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 with no default gate way - that's a strange range to have been assigned.

Hope that helps guys and good luck!

Done as suggested, had to turn the wifi off for it to work but now all is fine :) Yay can record my sets :) Thank you for the help :)

Psyrotica 0 votes

Yeah!!!! Glad to hear that! Pioneer do still really owe everyone a huge apology and have been found wanting over the last six months!

Thank you Anthony, yes I agree, 6 months without the ability to record sets has been a nightmare, I couldn't do my live recorded radio shows and had to resort to mixing shows within my DAW, not live recorded sets as I had wanted for 6 months. I did downgrade my operating system eventually though but this resulted in loss of programs and cost more money to replace them as I had a corrupt hard drive and could not use Time machine. I think at least there should be an apology, even some form of compensation.

Thanks for your help.

Psyrotica 0 votes

There will not be any compensation provided as this was not a fault created by Pioneer DJ. Users of other operating systems did not experience this issue. Our teams worked with Apple (whose change in 10.13.1 caused this whole mess in the first place), and we were able to create a resolution for the unit to resume expected operation. We're sorry that it wasn't a quicker fix, but it takes time to find the source of the issue, create a fix, test, and distribute it. Once again, we thank you for your patience and appreciate you for being a Pioneer DJ customer.

Pulse 0 votes