Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

23 followers Follow

Rekordbox 1.5 Feedback

Hi all,

Rekordbox 1.5 is now available ... post your feedback thx ...

L V G

Please sign in to leave a comment.

97 comments

ahhhh thanks pulse, i just tried the column thing, cool addition, Thanks!

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pulse: About the USB-MIDI thing, I haven't been able to get those icons. Is it like you can use a CDJ to control Rekordbox. I would love to see that, because I currently use the keyboard for quickly checking and aligning beatgrids, setting cue points and loops. Using link you can also do a number of these things, but not the grid alignment. The larger visual wave display of Rekordbox has ofcourse an advantage over the display on the CDJ-2000 While the jog of the CDJ-2000 would make searching and moving around in a track very easy..

House Container 0 votes

There is indeed something wrong with the forum, pasting it through notepad making it plain text solves it.

House Container 0 votes

no, you cannot control RB via the cdj, you wont see those icons unless you plug in the usb cable from your computer to the cdj and activate "control mode", this will allow you to control midi software, Not RB though

BriChi 0 votes

• you cannot control RB via the cdj, you wont see those icons unless you plug in the usb cable from your computer to the cdj and activate "control mode", this will allow you to control midi software, Not RB though -

Actualy you can !  I found a video from Agiprodj demonstrating you can play songs from Rekordbox on your laptop directly from the Cdj's

http://www.agiprodj.com/pioneer-cdj-2000.html

stalagmite 0 votes

@stalagmite > Yes, you can play songs FROM Rekordbox using the Rekordbox Link, you CAN NOT, however, control the software with the player, ie. control the player within the software from the CDJ.

Pulse 0 votes

So guys, anybody who knows the answer to why my RB keeps crashing when connecting my external HD (see post on Jun-29 2011 10:39 and 11:08)

classie 0 votes

@classie > It could be that the drive is simply unavailable to Rekordbox so it crashes.  From the troubleshooting thread:

Rekordbox crashes on startup

Try disconnecting USB devices (especially soundcards, hard drives, flash drives, SD cards and/or card-readers) and try again.

So you can see, there's no solution other than to unplug it before loading Rekordbox. If you want to post to a new thread, I'll put in a ticket for you.

Pulse 0 votes

Why is it that the BPM value needs to be between 70 and 180. The upper limit of 180 is working for me so far, but the 70 is an issue. There are lots of R&B tracks that simply sit below 70. Workaround is to use a double BPM-value, but again this is a workaround. If technically possible I prefer to see a value that goes to at least 50.

House Container 0 votes

hello everyone,can u tell me which driver are u using for windows7 and lan cable?i use the asio for all,is that the best driver?are u using rekordbox alltime at the party i mean is anyone using the rekordbox without using anymore cds and without problems??

DJ FADY 0 votes

@DJ FADY > You don't need drivers for Rekordbox as it can use any audio output your system provides.  In order to use it to playback the contents on your CDJs, you connect the players to your computer via LAN cable and use the LINK function.  If you need assistance with that, please start a new topic.

Pulse 0 votes

Getting tons of E8305 errors using link with 1.5, never had e8305 ever before, lots of tracks are freezing the CDJ when tryign to load them

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

can you post a link to the previous 1.41 download please

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

pc

don't ever remember ever having an E-8305 error before, I used to get the 8302 but never this 8305.

I have been playing the exact same files all last night and this morning, using 1.4.1 and the link function. updated to 1.5 and now my CDj's are just freezing up when trying to load half the same files. half the time its not even throwing up and error message, just freezes the deck.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

Just taken a handful of the tracks that won't transfer/freeze the cdj via link (using 1.5) and manually copied them onto a usb drive and also exported them via rekordbox and they all play perfectly well off the usb stick, but none of them will transfer directly to the deck from RB 1.5 and most freeze the deck entirely.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

I have just:-

Running 1.5 on win7, backed up database, disconnected ext hd and connected it to my old laptop running winxp and rb 1.4.1, restored the back up of the database.

ALL the files that won't load on 1.5 now load perfectly well via link using 1.4.1

Well done Pioneer/Rekordbox engineers .... you've surpassed yourselves this time.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

@ UBF > Can you please start a new thread with your issue, please provide as much detail as possible including your link configuration, the type of networking hardware, etc.  <EDIT> Never mind, I see you've done that.  In future, just the one post is necessary.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > Thanks for the support, but I figured it out another way round :) Had an exact copy of my master disc. I renamed the copy to match the name of the master disc. Then erased the previous master disc and made en exact copy from the previous backup disc. Weird but now it works. (Weird as in -> things worked perfectly with RB 1.4, no problems until RB 1.5)

classie 0 votes

@Pulse>i have been using rekordbox from long time ago,but i am asking if there is something new or another way that is more safe while i am playing live at a party to know if someone have had this problem live.

DJ FADY 0 votes

@Pulse: Ratings of tracks are not updated when you select reload tags on tracks that were already part of Rekordbox but got rated later through an other application.

House Container 0 votes

@Pulse: CR for Rekordbox: When you have multiple devices connected and showing up they do show there name in the Devices pane. That's good. But when you select Export from the context menu you only see the drive letters. Would be nice if the device name was shown between braces after it. Drive letters only can be a bit confusing.

House Container 0 votes

Only problem i'm facing is with the really slow export speeds- even when over-writting the same playlists, it's a lot slower than 1.4.1 

Exporting to a Pioneer 8GB USB stick and 2 x SanDisk 32GB cards

The update is really good otherwise- I don't use link, just export playlists to cards and hit the road :D

maDJam 0 votes

I've only used "link". No usb drives or anything. Should I stay with 1.4.1 or move up?

If I do update, should I backup my database and will the new install just write over the existing install?

Just some things to consider. The Rekordbox database is a work in progress and is never complete. You don't want to lose months and months of work.

MIKE BILLS ENTERTAINMENT 0 votes

By the way, I do not like the new forums. The old forums were easier to track and update.

MIKE BILLS ENTERTAINMENT 0 votes

I would hold up, I am having some issues as reported too, The only advantage so far is a faster search engine, and even that's a little buggy

BriChi 0 votes