Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

23 followers Follow

Rekordbox 1.5 Feedback

Hi all,

Rekordbox 1.5 is now available ... post your feedback thx ...

L V G

Please sign in to leave a comment.

97 comments

i did a three hour set last night and all this software and hardware is becoming very stable imo.

well done pioneer ya got there in the end :)

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Having read the Changelog it doesn't seem like you can edit Comments whilst LINKed.

Can a Moderator confirm if that has been added yet, as I am away from decks to check this update myself.

MUSICHAOS 

Jason Bishop 0 votes

@Jason > I don't think that was added as it's not in the changelog; editing a file while in use is still problematic, but they are aware of this and are looking to change it for guture.

@Mike Bells > Sorry, but it will take some getting used to - it really does provide a better support channel for the users.

@House Container > Thanks - will suggest that for exports.

Pulse 0 votes

I really would love to alter beatgrids of unselected tracks whilst using LINK  as I can't be bothered when not playing - bring this in please ??

Paulm72 0 votes

I was wondering if it is possible for rekordbox can handle midi signals, as it would be good if the DJM 2000 could be used to browse and select tracks from rekordbox, using midi mode D (the x-y pad and three buttons) you could use the pad to scroll through the tracks and the three buttons to load tracks to 1) deck A 2) mixer 3) deck B.

Thank you

Marsano 0 votes

@Paulm72 > I'm not sure I understand ... you want to edit beatgrids of tracks that are not selected?  Huh?

@Marsano > You can already do that through the CDJ!

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > yes i know you can but i never use my CDJ's to do that because you can only see one field at a time i.e artist, track, genre, for me its very cumbersome i always use rekordbox to load tracks as its a lot quicker

Marsano 0 votes

In am running on a macbook 4gb memory with osx 10.6.8 version 1.5 of rekordbox. I constantly have rekordbox 1.5 corrupting my databases. I have tired reinstating the old database backups via the restore function but when I try to add new tracks it errors out again.... it maybe processed about 10- 15 tracks then errors out. I have never had a problem with this before with rekordbox 1.4.1... I should have never upgraded everything was working fine. Where is a link to download 1.4.1 or can someone tell me what is going wrong. This software is very unstable compared to traktor or virtual dj. I have never had so many problems adding songs to a program. Pioneer is supposed to be the best and I doubt  D has this many problems with music manager for their turntables...if anyone has a copy of 1.4.1 email is shaunmckinley0616@gmail.com thanks again this is for MAC

DJ ShaunieMac 0 votes

I will not be upgrading until 1.5 has a patch to it. I'm completely content with 1.4.1 and my players have been working awesome with Firmware 4.01

MIKE BILLS ENTERTAINMENT 0 votes

Yes, what I'd like to be able to do is whilst Deck A is playing, I'd like to be able to select the intended track for Deck B and check and alter the beatgrid if necessary before bringing the track into the mix. 

Hopes this makes sense ?

Paulm72 0 votes

@Paulm72 > You should be able to do that ... find the track, check the beatgrid, then load it to Deck B.

What about that can't you do now?

Pulse 0 votes

No it's says you cannot alter a beatgrid whilst Link is active. It would really be good if you could mess with non - CDJ selected tracks on the laptop prior to playing them. 

Paulm72 0 votes

I just don't get it. Do all the Rekordbox users JUST used mp3?

Why am I the only who is complaining all the time about the lack of support for lossless. Ok so FLAC is out.  WAV can't embed tag data.

AIFF - the only lossless file type I can use, and STILL no support for reading AIFF data.  I seriously feel like screaming after waiting this long for an update.  It creates so much work trying to get the Itunes data base to match Rekordbox using the bridge after making any tag/comment/rating changes.

Any AIFF file directly imported into Rekordbox also have to have all the tag data it already holds added in again.

This problem creates so much work for me, the way round it is to delete the entire Rekordbox database every week or so and re import my collection through the bridge. Gives me a fresh collection with up to date comments ratings etc, exactly as they are in Itunes.

So yes I never keep any stored hot cues, artwork, beat grid info (big loss).

Psst - Traktor can read AIFF already for long time now

DJ SPiRiTMooN 0 votes

I was hoping to see a "sync" playlist on device with the playlist within the RB playlist tab added as new function.

It is very tedious to keep your device playlists updated with the additions of new tracks to playlists from day to day / week to week.

Itunes does this rather cleverly with syncing ipods and iphones' playlists with those in the itunes library with a simple check box system, where you can opt to sync which ever playlists you choose.

Currently I need to use my RB playlist tabs as my master, and every time I update the playlists there with new music, I then need to delete all my playlists on a particular usb drive and drag the same playlists from the RB playlist tab onto the device. Or guess / try to remember which are the new tracks and add them accordingly that way.

Does anyone agree with me that this function is greatly needed?

Jnr Tirso 0 votes

Also, can we expect better wav overviews comparable to Serato & Traktor Pro? Sometimes the breakdowns as CDJ2000 and RB display suggest drop outs of sub bass and kick drum sounds but it isn't very accurate as what looks to be a breakdown sometime still have a lot of percussion in the track.

Jnr Tirso 0 votes

Im just going to throw this in here so Pioneer can forward to the techs... [b]Delete afterwards if you want as I know its majorly long.[/b]

Basically had a song playing in Rekordbox and then pressed ctrl delete and it crashed the program. Here is the Error Report:

<EDIT> Seriously?  Don't include crash logs unless requested and even then, post it as an attachment. </EDIT>

KazPan 0 votes

yeah, not that Pioneer wants to hear this, But 1.5 is buggy as hell, I did the same thing the other night Kaz and RB crashed,

In the middle of a set the other night I went to move 4 tracks to another playlist and RB crashed again.

Search is sped up but very laggy if you are not a speed typist, 

renumbering large playlists takes up to 10 minutes

highlighting a lot of tracks and trying to right click to analyze, relocate, or export takes HOURS to bring up the right click menu

moving files within a playlist and then searching for them comes back with 0 results (already a thread on this)

for other issues I still see outstanding:

simple shortcuts like CTRL+F do jump to a search box

can't use letters/numbers to jump to playlists

other than that, it's great  :)

BriChi 0 votes

I have a problem with RB 1.5. Whenever I try and copy tracks from Itunes or any other source of music, RB crashes! This is really annoying, please give me some advice of what to do!!??

mike4049 0 votes

Ive noticed another play list bug. When you have the playlist ordered by BPM and then try and move a track to reorder it, it wont move. You have to order by number, then drag and drop. This software is really testing my patience.

-ExistenZ- 0 votes

@ExiistenZ - That I believe is not a bug, You have it sorted by BPM so it will always remain in BPM order even if you try and drag and drop. In order to drag and drop tracks around you should click on the number column then move tracks. Same as if you are sorted by name, you won't be able to drag and drop because they are sorted by alphabetical order, not #. 

BriChi 0 votes

I have been using rekordbox for a while now and after updating to the latest version everytime i open rekordbox the programe crashes and closes, i have noticed that this has something to do with the analyzing of the tracks.

Does anyone know how to stop this as i am unable to use rekordbox at events and this is a must when using cdj 2000 and djm 2000 as all music needs to be analyzed first !!

Darren D 0 votes

Hi Pulse, can you confirm that altering beadgrids whilst link is active should be available ?

Paulm72 0 votes

@Paulm72 > I know why it's not ... they're afraid that you might have that track loaded to a player, so they disable the ability to edit and thus potentially cause more problems.  Will it be available in the future?  Not sure.

Pulse 0 votes

Can it be requested ? I don't have time to sit and plough through loads of beatgrid's - the only time spare I have is to play the decks and it would be amazing if I could check / amend beat grids before playing the track in question. Speaking for myself I don't think I'd ever make the mistake of trying to alter the beatgrid of a track in play, notwithstanding that - what is the worse it could do, your loops are off ?

It can't be just me who'd like this feature surely ?

Paulm72 0 votes

no, i'm with you paul. it's a great idea.

all the software needs is to check that the file isn't loaded into a player and a simple dialogue box to pop up if you try and grid it. likewise if you're beatgridding a track and try and load it into a player.

not everyone is a jet setting dj who has hours to kill beatgridding files on a plane or a hotel room.

Phil 0 votes

Why is editing filename now not possible with 1.5?

I want this feature back! 

Shªun_N 0 votes

hi all i really need your help! had rekordbox installed on my dell inspiron 1545 with vista. 1.4 worked perfectly but since i updated 1.5 it hasnt worked. i've spent 4 hours today on the net and on forums trying to find a solution. need someone's input DESPARATELY!!!! rob.moth@googlemail.com.

many thanks!

rob

robert moth 0 votes