Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

20 followers Follow

DJM-S9 Paint Issue - Faceplate

I just got the DJM-S9 recently and already, the paint by the crossfader is starting to chip away. This shouldn't happen so soon. Perhaps the paint job on my mixer is defective? Would I be able to get a replacement faceplate under warranty?

DJ Mister Dior

Post is closed for comments.

172 comments

He never that's the point yeah s9 is a very good all round mixer shame has issues now and maybe still more issues to follow

nick 0 votes

Bingo, DJBlisk. But...I am surprised the paint issue wasn't picked up when testing, since all those huge DJs scratched on the mixer like crazy. Either way, at least Pioneer is working on getting this right.

DJ Mister Dior 0 votes

My point? When a comparable company offers a chassis that is built better, some may prefer that. The car comparison is a ridiculous analogy since that is a wide spread design quality of many cars in this day and age, cheap and/or expensive. Some folks may appreciate an all metal chassis on a mixer compared to other offerings that are plastic.

Dior, that's what happens when you get free product. You take it and push it. That's why Q pushes the Z2 LOL. We all know what happened with those face plates.

Rushed products = issues for first adopters.

JaeOne3345 0 votes

True, @JaeOne...very true. I still love the S9, though. Just hoping this issue is put to bed.

DJ Mister Dior 0 votes

Support tickets, which resulted in them sending you new plates.

Search the forums.

JaeOne3345 0 votes

Returned my s9 today. Maybe Pioneer is manning up and stopping the sale of the mixer. Guitar Center now says that they won't have any available till Dec. 11. They say the unit is on backorder. I have a funny felling that Pioneer has halted the sale of the units until this matter is resolved. just my thoughts.

JamesA 0 votes

My mixer came in. Paint job looks similar. I do notice that the fader does not flex/bend as much. The chipping happens cause the fader bends/flexes and hits the faceplate. I don't see this happening with this one but I'll put it to the test for sure. It seems like this crossfader might feel a bit less flimsy. We shall see, if not I'll be calling again! Lol. Thank you Pioneer for helping me out so quickly, though.

DJ Mister Dior 0 votes

Paint job may be a little flatter black actually. Maybe it's better? I'll see what happens...

DJ Mister Dior 0 votes

I'm also having the same issue with paint chipping off on the faceplate around the fader as well as the fader knob.

Paul C 0 votes

James I would just call customer service, honestly. I got helped quicker and I know of others who did too

DJ Mister Dior 0 votes

Looks like Pulse has dropped off from this thread. He tells people to wait around and be patient. And then he disappears. Nice Pulse. I'm glad I took my unit back. I have another one coming in tomorrow, and I hope the QC and build quality is better on the new unit.

JamesA 0 votes

I have a rane sixty-two also. I will give the company Pioneer a second chance. Plus I got the mixer for a pretty low price. I can actually use it for a while, and if I'm not liking it, sell it and make money.

JamesA 0 votes

I would love to be able to dedicate myself to each and every user who comes to the forums with a problem or to ask a question, but there are tens of thousands of views every week, thousands of users, hundreds of questions, and one of me.

The other reason I haven't posted an update ... I don't have any updates to post. Sorry. As soon as I hear anything, I promise that I will post it!

Pulse 0 votes

What a load of rubbish you should get the sack the way you speak to people and pioneer are fixing this right now by painting the faceplate with different paint so I have been told so there is an update they made a mistake now they are fixing it

nick 0 votes

@pulse. You should change your name to clown, because that is what you proved yourself to be here. I really truly hope that you are not on Pioneers payroll. If you are, then you are really doing them a dis-service to the brand. You claim to be in the loop, yet you provide nothing as far as solution. Have a great day, and continue helping consumers(NOT).

JamesA 0 votes

Mine is chipping as well. I called Pioneer and a woman ask me to send the mixer in and they would evaluate it. I was hoping to get a better answer than that. I called Musicians Friend and they said I have 45 days to return it and get a refund or they would send me a new one. My concern is if they send me a new it will probably chip as well.

Mark McFadden 0 votes

Count me in :(
Paint coming off around the crossfader and also off the faderknob after only 4 weeks now.
Any infos about replacement and direct contact to Pioneer Germany?

Grizu 0 votes

My paint is chipping around the fader too. :( I would definitely like a fix.

Sean Patrick 0 votes

This issue was first reported in October and there still hasn't been an official announcement about it, or any sort of fix to the issue besides having warranty replace your mixer with another one that will exhibit the same issue.

At this point, you'll either need to just deal with it, or return it to your retailer. 

Pioneer ain't gonna do much it seems at this point.  I know a couple other people who went ahead and got the mixer anyway against my advice and they are experiencing the same thing. 

Not sure why people keep buying this mixer knowing it hasn't been fixed yet IF cosmetic quality does in fact bother you. 

JaeOne3345 0 votes

Kudos to Pioneer for really stepping in to take care of their customers.  I would never expect a decent company to treat their customers this way.  Was going to purchase at least 2 or 3 more of the djm-s9 mixers to give family members as Christmas gifts, and decided to go elsewhere.  I couldn't imagine the customer service if this was a major issue, when they won't address the minor things.  The mixer has been out for like 2 months, and still nothing from the company.  Unfortunate. Pulse,  Work your magic, and close this  thread down as well.  

JamesA 0 votes