Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

20 abonnés S’abonner

Djm nexus 900 Recording

hey guys

i have the cdj 2000s and also the djm nexus 900 with onboard souncard and trcktor scratch pro 2

i would like to no if its possible to record thru the mixer diretly to the computer via the onboard soundcard?

Mark corbett

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

140 commentaires

I forgot to mention...

If you have GarageBand for Mac, you can also try recording in it. All you have to do is:

First in "Audio MIDI Set-up", set the "DJM-900nexus" to "44100 Hz" and the "Input" and as the "Output". Then start "GarageBand", then create a new track recording from a "Real Instrument" by going to "Track", "New", and selecting "Real Instrument".

Then you should be good to record. You might get the "fuzz" again, but I've have better luck in GarageBand even though it's only "44100 Hz".

Let me know if this GarageBand set-up works for any of you and I'll see what I can do to tweek things more here and there.

Thanks,

Foster

Would anyone else out there like new icon images for their Mac applications for the "CDJ Aggregator" and "DJM-900 Nexus Setting Utility?

Take a look a the pic and let me know if you want them... 

Foster 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

@foster thx for you're testing

the problem is the update to OSX 10.6.8

I just installed OSX again from the dvd and now everything is fine.

for all mac users just downgrade to OSX 10.6.3

Grizzly Adams 0 votes

@Grizzly - Good solution my friend! Lol that will guarantee it work for sure! ;)

but for those of you who don't want to or can't afford to downgrade, please set your DJM-900 Audio MIDI settings to 44100Hz on the Input and the Output, and use GarageBand for recording. I've had a lot of success using GarageBand in testing and I think the only times it was faulty was when I change the settings to 96000 Hz.

Let me know if anyone else tries this and how it works.

Foster 0 votes

Thanks Pulse! :)

No need to worry guys, they're on top of it for us. Don't send back your mixers or any of your other Pioneer gear as almost every problem that occurs can easily and will be fixed by updates in the future. ;)

Foster 0 votes

@ Foster - Just want to thank you for taking your time and effort to get us Mac users some answers. Pioneer should hire more people like you!

Has anyone tested with Mac OS Lion that came out today?? I'm wondering if I should test it.

@ Pulse - Will the fix that is coming work for OS X Lion as well as 10.6.8?

Tarek Shbib 0 votes

@Tarek - thanks man! I really appreciate your comment! I'd love to work for Pioneer and do what Jay, Pulse and Gavin do! Lol

I haven't tried Lion, will try to get to it this weekend if you done want to be the guinea pig! Lol

Yes the update should work for Lion as well as OS X 10.6.8. Unless the released version of Lion has some bugs or something new to off set the fix. Highly unlikely though, but I'll see what I can do for you and report back. ;)

Foster 0 votes

Gizmodo didn't exactly sing huge praises for Lion so I'm after holding off on upgrading for the moment.

But Pioneer will release an update for Lion in due course.

Gavin 0 votes

@ Tarek

Ryan beat me to the Lion testing. He tested the timecode feature though, no word on the "Digital In" channel selections and attempting to record yet.

You can check his post here - http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20296533-djm-900-driver-incompatible-with-os-x-lion

Anyone still want me to test the recording this weekend on OS X Lion?

If not, I'm sticking with Gavin and holding off for a bit. ;)

Foster 0 votes

I was able to briefly test recording with Lion yesterday. There still seems to be issues with the driver and/or software using Traktor but I was able to record crystal clear audio through the cd/line. I only tested this for about 10 minutes so it could just be a fluke but keep in mind I have never been able to record clear audio on 10.6.8.

It still seems a little buggy (changing the sampling rate in Traktor caused me to restart my computer once) but I'm sure people will appreciate being able to record through the mixer.

I'll try to record a set later and report back with results.

Tarek Shbib 0 votes

Any news about DJM 900 new firmware / driver? 

Mattia 0 votes

@ Mattia > I'm kinda looking forward to another CDJ-2000 update that might address a complete or partial fix to MT as there are too many people talking about it. lol But there was another Mac OS X 10.6.8 update patch that is out... I haven't tried it out yet, but it might solve the issue if we're lucky. ;)

Someone else can updated and test it if you would like, I'll hopefully get to it tomorrow if I find some time. I'll post back with the word.

Cheers,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

Hello, i´m new here...

I have a problem to use cdj2000 with timecode -> DJM900 NXS -> Virtual DJ

I read with Traktor there no problem, but get no Timecode input in Virtual DJ. VirtualDJ Understand only 44,1 khz... is there and where is a special Software switch between analog signal and timecode?

Mr_T 0 votes

@ Mr_T > Does Virtual DJ even recognize Timecode?

I know Virtual DJ used HID, so you can connect your CDJ-2000's to your computer via USB cables and set them up for HID use.

Do you like Virtual DJ better than Traktor or something? I think Traktor would be better to use than Virtual DJ personally.

I posted some large comments in this thread, but there is one right around the 1/2 way mark that gives detailed instructions on how to set everything up. I'm not sure how much I mentioned about using HID, but please read over my earlier comments and attempt the instructions if possible. If this does not work for you, please reply to this thread again with the issue and please notify me of your equipment and how you have it set up. I will try to help as much as I can.

Thanks and good luck,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

Hi, Yes i can use cdj2000 with HID, but Future i would use Techniks 1210 with timecode and djm900. Yesterday i had only a cdj2000 in my Room and take a serato tccd. I'm VIP Member by Virtual DJ and present this product in Germany on a big fair (Gamescom)...
I would Know, is it possible to use timecode with cd or Vinyl and djm900 and Virtualdj?

I think Virtualdj is One of three Best dj Software, you can Play Video with VirtualDj

Mr_T 0 votes

@Mr_T > Did you read the posts I mentioned above in this thread?

Yes it is possible to run Virtual DJ with CD and Vinyl timecode and a DJM-900 Nexus.

Please read and follow my instructions provided earlier in this thread to attempt to have things work properly.

If these instructions do not work, please reply to this thread with your current equipment and how it is set up.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

Hey Guys! I have been going through this problem for the past month and figured that it was a driver problem in mac osx 10.6.8  I have downgraded to 10.6 and worked my way back up to see were it lies.  I have gotten up to 10.6.5 and it working PERFECT! Crystal Clear recordings.  I suggest you do the same in the mean time if you want to record...It looks like i am a little late, but just thought I could throw in a little opinion......Cheers! 

DJ KiKo 0 votes

Thanks for the input. @Kiko

Yes it is an issue with the Mac OS X 10.6.8 update. A fix will be coming soon.

Sorry everyone, I never got a chance to try the 10.6.8 supplement update this weekend. I will test it and report back when I can.

Foster

Foster 0 votes

I just hope the fix is ​​also compatible with lion because I have just updated my macbook/iMac to latest OS.

Mattia 0 votes

@Mattia > Yes it will be compatible with OS X Lion.

Have you tried the current version with Lion yet?

If yes, what was your results?

Looking at Tarek's review - Seems to work good for recording if this is what you're hoping for. But sounds like there is something buggy with Traktor. Maybe Tarek can provide us with more information on the issues with the Nexus and Traktor running Lion?

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

On NI's webiste, there compatibility with Lion OSX is good for 32-bit programs.  There 64-bit programs crash in Lion OSX 

DJ KiKo 0 votes

@Kiko > Which is a good example of why people should have patience when it comes to upgrading OS's especially if they use a lot of 3rd party apps or rely on their computer for important aspects.

Simple enough... have some patience until an OS has an update or 2 before upgrading because it will probably save you a lot of time, headaches, and troubleshooting.

Just something to keep in mind friends. ;)

Foster

Foster 0 votes

Hi, I have had the djm 900 nexus from the release date. I have had no problems with recording through traktor 2 until last week. when all of a sudden all i could get was this fuzzy noise(like alot of people are experiencing). I had not changed any settings for this to occur... i have updated everything that could be updated and still no luck... any idea if there will be a solution soon... ? i dont understand how it has been working for months and then all of a sudden just stop. I am using MacBook Pro with i5 processor.

Gilly_gilchrist 0 votes

@Pulse Can you please make a short video on how u have it configured in the utility settings to record. i.e which usb channel works for you. I am using timecodes on channel 1 and 4. i was using usb 5/6 to record with. but now no channels work. Thanx

Gilly_gilchrist 0 votes

@Gilly > In the earlier comments we mentioned the issue is from a Mac OS X 10.6.8 update.

When did you last update your Mac?

What version of Mac OS X are you currently running? (Apple in top left corner, About This Mac, Mac OS X Version 10.6.X)

Please read my earlier comments on temporary/possible solutions while Pioneer engineers are working hard at a fix.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

@Gilly > As I mentioned, it's a Mac OS X issue at the moment so setting everything exactly the same will most likely give the same results.

Please attempt the comments I posted before with possible fixes, and you can copy you're Utilities as close to mine as you can, while still having it set to use with Traktor.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and you will be notified when the fix is released.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

@Foster Yea 10.6.8 is what i am running. I will check for mac updates now? do u believe it will help? i will have a read of your old post and see if it works for me :-D

Gilly_gilchrist 0 votes

@Gilly > Yes you can attempt another Mac OS X 10.6.8 update. Apple released a supplement update for 10.6.8 because of technical issues, but I have yet to try the supplement and the Nexus recording. Hopefully I will get to it this weekend and report back for everyone. 

I don't think the supplement update will do anything, but you can try it Gilly.

The real fix will be when the engineers release their fix for the issue, and yes the fix will also be available for Lion.

Thanks Gilly, just let me know if you have any questions about my earlier posts.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

@Foster I have read your earlier post, I use TSP2 and have not got to grips with rekordbox. The easiest option sounds like to downgrade to osx 10.6.5??? I am not the best at using macs and updating software and i wouldnt want to mess about with the software. do u think a downgrade will be ok???

Gilly_gilchrist 0 votes

@Gilly > Personally I believe a downgrade wouldn't be worth your time at this point. You would have to backup your Mac, go back to the grey disks and re-install Snow Leopard, then load your backup onto your mac again, and finally follow the updates all the way up to 10.6.7 again. If you would like to do that or feel that's not too much to go through then you can go right ahead.

In my personal opinion I believe you should use some of the alternatives I mentioned that are temporary, or just wait a couple weeks for the fix.

You do not need to use Rekordbox to attempt the settings I have. Change the settings you can in the Nexus Utility without disabling use for Traktor, make sure your Mac audio settings are correct, try using Audacity with the same settings, and use the "play through" feature to hear if it's fuzzy or not. You can also use GarageBand to record, just make sure the settings are set to what I mentioned and it should hopefully work okay. It's hit and miss right now, but read all of my large posts dealing with settings, as there are a few of them above in this thread.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes