Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

15 abonnés S’abonner

[OPEN] Rekordbox 3.0.3 and the 3.1 crashing

Hello,

Since I've updated my mac to Yosemite my Rekordbox is crashing only when I play songs. if I am analysing or exporting nothing happens, only I play songs it crashes after 7 to 10 min.

please help me with suggestions.

<SNIP>

Bachir Salloum

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

104 commentaires

@Pulse - 3.2.1 is still running laggy and will not restore once minimized to the dock.

Matt Donatello 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

The "minimized" issue is slated for a future fix (some other applications exhibit this behaviour as well, so it's not just Pioneer), but regarding the lag, have you tried this fix:

From [Preferences] > [View] > [Waveform drawing], please untick the box of “Use high functional waveform drawing” and reboot rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes

I did not have that box checked at first. I know you said to uncheck it but it was already unchecked. I decided to check it and reboot RB. It works fine now with the box checked. Thanks.

Matt Donatello 0 votes

@Matt > If you experience any crashing, try un-checking that box. It's a performance graphics toggle switch.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > Yes, I have updated to 3.2.1.  I untick the box of “Use high functional waveform drawing” and reboot rekordbox and the crash stopped. However, it is impractical to use now because of slowness generated due that box unchecked.

In short:

1) high functional waveform drawing enable: works perfectly but only for 10 min

2) high functional waveform drawing disabled: works slowly but forever

cheers

Thiago Genez 0 votes

@Thiago > The purpose of that box is to act as a work-around until such time as the rekordbox team can resolve issues between the display method used and the graphics drivers causing the crash. While it's not ideal, at least it will allow you to work within rekordbox. Your patience is appreciated.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > This issue is still happening.
I'm an IT professional with over 15 years of experience as a Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator and I am appalled at the time it has taken to iron out this issue. For such a critical piece of software to professional DJs, and one which Pioneer insists is meant compete with the likes of Traktor, I will be brutally honest and say rekordbox are nowhere near Traktor's level of quality. Not just in Pioneer's inability to fix this issue, but in the features and layout of the app, which seems designed back in the 90s. It's sad, but you don't even compete with Itunes. Also, In the IT world, a workaround is considered a procedure that makes the software fully usable, and disabling OpenGL does not accomplish that, as it is obvious it was not designed to work without this feature enabled, so please stop calling it that.
I have submitted every single crash report to apple, yet not a single of these reports has been collected by the software in the "crashes" directory. Why hasn't this been fixed after almost 6 months, and multiple releases? The developers need to add a debugging option instead of a OpenGL disable option and start collecting some crash dumps. Trying to diagnose a problem without any evidence is ridiculous. How many anecdotal accounts providing system specs are you going to request/collect? It's obvious the issue is affecting all kinds of hardware combinations. I also find it a bit insulting that you would pass the buck by saying 'the graphics drivers causing the crash'. It's not the driver my friend, it's your software. I run Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft and many other apps that truly take advantage of hardware acceleration and they don't crash. I know you appreciate our patience, but it's run out.

Leon Felipe 0 votes

Thank you so much I have updated to 3.3.0. And have been working it hard with no crash issues at all . Thank you I have just placed an order for a xdj-rx lets hope all goes well with it . I have been a loyal pioneer customer and want to keep it that way .....Rick Auletta

Rick Auletta 0 votes

Since i have updated to 3.3.0 no crash has occurred yet after some real heavy rekordboxing, let's pray it stays that way.

Edwin Collins 0 votes

No crash has occured here yet as well. Thank you =).
Minor: However, the 3.3.0 has now very high CPU usage while playing (when the wave form is being used).

Thiago Genez 0 votes