Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

15 abonnés S’abonner

[OPEN] Rekordbox 3.0.3 and the 3.1 crashing

Hello,

Since I've updated my mac to Yosemite my Rekordbox is crashing only when I play songs. if I am analysing or exporting nothing happens, only I play songs it crashes after 7 to 10 min.

please help me with suggestions.

<SNIP>

Bachir Salloum

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

104 commentaires

@Mike > Have you tried with a blank database to test and see if the issue is a fault there? You can achieve this by renaming your default database and allowing rekordbox to create a new one ( more info is here.)

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

I've tried in the previous version setting opengl to off by changing the config file, and by doing that I got no more crashing

this seemed to confirm at that time that my database was ok.

however I can try as you say when I get a moment just to confirm

Mike Barty 0 votes

started new database and added about 15 of my latest buys off beatport - once again within 10 minutes messing around with the preview function it crashed.

report says  "Crashed Thread:        20  OpenGL Rendering"

.....soz

Mike Barty 0 votes

Okay, thanks for verifying -- I just wanted to eliminate that as a possibility for the crashing. As I previously noted, engineers are working on improving the performance of the software so this is important feedback.

Pulse 0 votes

Just installing the update, i'll lt you know later today if the problem is gone. I must say that after disabling the OpenGL the error is almost gone, not totally but not as often as before.

Edwin Collins 0 votes

Just installed the 3.2.1. Haven't had a chance to test yet. The "workaround" for the previous versions did eliminate the crashes but causes serious lag in "two- player" mode.

Matt Donatello 0 votes

There are certain combinations of hardware / OS which will be more problematic than others and may be addressed in future updates. Your patience is appreciated!

Pulse 0 votes

Was very excited to download newest version of record box hoping it would fix crashing . But no luck still crashing . I will be pertinent since I am a pioneer fan . But come on guys you can fix this I can run other dj software on this same machine with no problem . You have got to be missing somthing maybe you are looking to deep and it is something simple . Think simple you can fix this . Thanks for your hard work ...Frost Freez 

Rick Auletta 0 votes

I got a chance to test out 3.2.1. It runs the same as the previous version (no crashes but runs very laggy). However, in this version if I minimize the application down to my dock, it will not restore with closing and restarting the program.

Matt Donatello 0 votes

@Rick > This isn't other DJ software, so it's not made the same way, as a result, issues can arise in one application but not another. If you have disabled the OpenGL setting, you should at least be able to run the software. If it is still crashing, please start a new topic and post the information from this thread and I'll be happy to assist you there.

Pulse 0 votes

@Matt > That's an interesting issue ... can you go to the Apple, then About this Mac post everything but the serial number from the first page?

Pulse 0 votes

OS X Yosemity v10.10.2

Macbook Pro (13-inch, early 2011)

Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Matt Donatello 0 votes

@Matt > Can you try updating to 10.10.3 and tell me if the problem still exists?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse > Minimizing issue persists after update. Do you want me to start a new thread on this issue? I feel like we've made the the default debugging thread for Rekordbox over the past few months. lol. I'm kind of attached to it.

Matt Donatello 0 votes

@Matt > No worries, we're here now ... I'll pass that info along and see if they have any suggestions.

Pulse 0 votes

the latest update is actually causing the OpenGL crash a lot sooner for me whilst playing 2 tracks, before it was mostly under 10 minutes, now it's within 5 minutes 

Mike Barty 0 votes

@Mike > Are you still using it with the OpenGL enabled? This option is under the View tab of the preferences:

Screen_Shot_2015-04-10_at_12.41.09_PM.png

If you're having crashes, you should un-check that box. I understand it will result in jittery waveform drawing, can you post your system specs from under the apple > About this Mac ? (Everything but the serial number.)

Pulse 0 votes

As I've mentioned above, without opengl enabled it's virtually unusable, too much lag.

yosemite 10.10.2 (14C1514

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Mike Barty 0 votes

Damn I'm getting the serious lag this morning. Tried with and without the tick box enabled. 

yosemite 10.10.3

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Richie Barthez 0 votes

My laptop is nearly identical except it is a late model . I just did a Yosemite update last night to 10.10.3 . The answer must be commen to us all . For me it crashes some times more then others in duel mode and I had a long section the other night with no crashes for the first time ever . I wounder if it is Somthing in the songs ?

Rick Auletta 0 votes

Today i experienced 2 crashes in 10 mins. I've noticed that it happened after selectingseveral tracks in a very short time, i was checking double tracks with slightly different file names and so i was selecting the tracks quickly after eachother. While clicking sevaral tracks Rekordbox freezes and i had to close it manually.

Edwin Collins 0 votes

I'm running a Mid-2012 MBP, 2.3GHz i7, 16GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/ 1GB RAM ... and never had a hiccup, freeze, or other anomaly with any version of the operating system (currently 10.10.3).

I know the engineers are watching this thread and working to identify any potential causes of your complaints.

Pulse 0 votes

looking at the thread start date, it's been 5 months now. A very unusual length of time to have the same problem. I can't help but feel that this issue is a low priority and because the engineers are using new machines without issues....

Mike Barty 0 votes

@Mike > Not true, the engineers have a variety of test machines. There are perfectly legitimate reasons why it takes a long time to resolve issues such as these, and you can see from the posts in this thread, sometimes it's trying to establish from the user why the crash is happening, other times it's the engineers working to find the cause and a solution.

The latest version of rekordbox features a switch to disable the high-performance waveform drawing to reduce the load on the processor / graphics, primarily due to OpenGL issues, but the team is still working to ensure that the software performs adequately on all computers meeting the minimum system requirements.

Pulse 0 votes

and deep down, I know you're spot on with that..... it's just getting frustrating. glad I'm not the one trying to sort it..

Mike Barty 0 votes

Rekordbox is crashing all the time. I can use only for the first 10 min and then crashes. If a deactivate the OpenGL, the Rekordbox works but  slowly impractical as well.

I'm running a Mid-2011 MBP, 2.3GHz i5, 8GB DDR3

Thiago Genez 0 votes

exact same machine as above, i think the key to fix issue is there

Nima Tahmasebi 0 votes

seems, from the replies in here, to be common on 2011 build machines 

Mike Barty 0 votes